Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please put back LW casting NT mobs

Arrow No thanks

LW under current mechanics is stupid.

Theres still plenty of dying, all you need is dumb teamates.

Apply pvp damage caps, make debuffs work on mobs, give them realistic evades/resist (on higher ones) and no mob should be point blank immune to certain nano lines, then we'll talk.

Its either that or give us their insane hps or 50% damage. Neither of which is a good idea.

BTW poster is a 200 soldier...max LW damage through RRFE would be 6235. 5611 with a TL6 energy bracer. Thats assuming a max damage roll with no ACs at all. (Ask nts how often that is)

With long cast time, there used to be a "warning" (before sounds/animations got bugged) with plenty of time to hit TMS.

Hmm, selfish?
    Last edited by Mercatura; Nov 19th, 2002 at 18:30:11.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Btw .. there's a problem with fast paced action : It is not lag tolerant.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

My biggest problem with "let's make it harder" is how thin the gray line is between easy and dead.

Ex:
    Team of 5 is mowing through a QL 180 mission. 1 MOB vs 5 well equipped PCs = dead MOB with little to no worry (team has RRFE, MA for small heals, and HOTs from the Fixer)...

2 rooms later the team gets an add! now the offense is split and the healer is aggroed and working his target. It isn't a huge problem, the solider might of had to TMS to keep from getting killed while waiting for heals. Everyone is fine and just needed a quick Treatment Kit use and some nano.

2 rooms later we get a bad pull and get 4 adds! MA drops in 8 seconds FLAT from a slayer droid. Soldier throws up TMS, Fixer does a root-all and runs for the first room, Agent is dead, soldier runs for front door but will not make it...wtf went wrong?

For me, the line between what 1 add can do compared to 2 or 3 is HUGE. Every team doesn't have a DOC and having a DOC doesn't make it simple either. The DOC is almost always #2 on the aggro list.

Teams can go from "mopping the floor" to "rez terminal" in 10 seconds flat with just 1 add.

My question: Why is the team dynamic so weak? Even the "perfect team" has a limit as well. You can only Calm so many, root so many, tank 1 or 2, etc. Granted that having a calmer in the team makes a TON of difference.

So I ask again, why are so many "mixed non-perfect" teams so weak when it comes to the logarithmic impact adds have to the chances a team has to survive a fight? Also, why do adds that don't add to the TANK cripple a team so often? "3 adds on the DOC!"..."Don't worry, I died 5 seconds before you typed that!"

Remember when a team of 3 still had to deal with 3 MOBs plus the boss in the last room? They changed it so there would only be 1 or 2 now. Why? So the team had a chance to win.

I'm all for make things "more fun" but I think it starts with better AI, MOB variation, and having to alter tactics to counter an attack. (ex: What if see a MOB winding up Last Word was the "trigger" to going FULL Defense so you would most likely resist it? The MOB is fiddling with his weapon..he's going to burst! Stun him!..call me silly but these would make combat a little more fun).

Whined enough...my concerns noted.

Moronic idea.

The reason why it was removed is how many time you died from LW in a mission and everyone was hitting teh roof all the lost exp with one nuke.

If they gave me LW in PVp at its full power.lets see how long that would last before it was nerfed.

Yes give them the nukes.....make them use AOE nukes......but giving them a fullpowered LW......yeah you guys want that until everyone is dying from 4 nts in the start room over and over again. And then would be screaming nerf.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Give mobs Kels! It would make A&O useful in missions

(p.s. I'm not entirely serious, though it would be fun.)

FC:

Please put LW casting NT mobs back in missions.

My teammates are annoying me, they look much better lying on the floor.

Thanks!
    Nakomis
    101 Opi MA RK1
    In Search of a Friendly Helpful Guild

Wistler
    53 Sol Engie RK1
    President of NFC

Catch ya planetside...

missions shpuld be altered, larger rooms, with small groups of mobs, well set up (like PC groups) or not so well set up (like PC groups are sometimes too )
    each room would require preparation, but would not be impossible, just would need tactics, things liek going for the doc first, and all those luverly ideas
    mission mobs would be teamed, so they could team heal eachother, run auras etc. this would be just for team missions of course. I mean in all honesty it's not fair when it's 6 on 1 and the mob is orange
    exp would be based on the whole team of mobs, every time u take down one team of mobs u would get the equivalent of each individual mobs exp and a 10-20% kicker on the end. Also something to note, for any dynacamp mobs exp shoulda been raised 20%, it's a fair bit tougher than standard outdoor hunting imo
    missions aren't the best exp in game cuz of individual mob return, it's cuz of speed and low risk, eliminate that from missions and suddenly outddor is just as appealing
    missions should be for tokens/cash/goodies and less for exp
    just my thoughts
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

http://mike.bond.tripod.com/ouch.jpg

(copy/paste into address bar)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

rofl, when was that taken?

Ages ago, before the days of MKII armor and other max HP adding items..

... when LW was being cast by NT mobs. Which is what the original poster is asking for again.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

It was pretty fun when you saw the yellow light from the NT mob and everyone just stood there waiting to see who dropped
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Heh .. .what level where you when that happened Kinkstaah ?

Ph, and is that your team lying on the floor ?

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    It was pretty fun when you saw the yellow light from the NT mob and everyone just stood there waiting to see who dropped

Hhehe thats true that was funny " WHO DIED".....I do remember countering one.....and got hit with the next running for door. Boy that was annoying. Even min damage LW was insta death for any nanobreed.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

3 or 4 Nts in first room of mission, all casting LW yikes, whats the point - heck its bad enough when they hit u as is with 2k + nukes, have the doc wondering where oer half you hp went in a hit. Realistically without getting insanely upsetting for others and how much lost XP this would result in, its best that the NPC's dont get these nukes again...I do like the idea of them gettin AoEs though, would be so amusing in a team mission with the team getting AoEd, nice thing for ppl to learn to avoid. But the big damage nukes, not a good idea.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Ah yes the days of Uh oh who's dying now, when even crat nukes were deadly.....

I have a good bit of faith in my fellow Ao'ers but still dont think all that many even know what "NB" stands for... i think i remember but not sure
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

u guys are chikens

I Think u missed the most important thing, players familiar with RPG games ( it says RPG on cover if u havent noticed) will agree with me: the CORE of each RPG game are 2 professions ( classes) one is nanotech for this game ( if u prefer mage, magician,wizard in others , as it is same in all aspects) and of course the non stop choping machine enforcer( if u prefer fighter , berserker , barbarian ,whatever, in other RPGS) . NERFING or making weaker one of these 2 classes ruins the balance of the game , making a nt mob cant nuke with his best nano its like i see a wizard in ad&d using a sling against a giant, because that why we all are against NT mobs.. giants squashing insects..HOW am i going to respect a high lvl mage ( NT say it with any name ITS still the same class in MANY rpgs) or any high lvl mob when i can kil him anytime? FUNCOM is killing the most roleplaying fantasy class in the history of RPGS, thats a disgrace, u all following this path as you all havent noticed that the core or role playing fantasy games the spine is the magic user , what sci-fi game am i going to play when i know that the mages are poor , spells are useless, i can grab a fork and kill the mage, how am i going to live the expirience foro exmaple entering in the dungeon where the powerfull mob holds with great powers , when i can grab anything and kill him because i know.. he wont stand a chance in front of my uber fork...... btw.. the most ridiculous way to die in a mission after doing
    Freshman Tamara "Nozelin" Kozar

Nozelin ... if player NT's had the same hitpoints, AC and defense skills as the MOBs, then you could talk about letting them have the same nukes.

There's a difference though, and that means that the monsters have much more hitpoints, but do a little less Damage.

Still .... where the best nuke on a monster might just do about 5% Damage, the best a Monste can cast now on a player takes about 10% away ... so things really are balanced.

Arrow

In D&D, equal level mobs can die in one hit too. They can roll 1 hp/HD though a lot of people would average it out. (on player rolls especially)

Sorry try again, but I was pen & paper awhile. Before they stuck an A in front too

Good DMs always made you think you were about to die, but never let you die unless you were dumb or it was part of the story. Letting dice rolls kill off your character 5 minutes into the evening is a big nono, unless you were playing more than 1 or something along those lines. Killing you 3 hours later when you forget to check for traps again is ok though, make sure your team carries your corpse back to town too. Oh btw the cleric still remembers you punching him in that last drunken brawl, so it'll cost a wee bit extra this time
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Oh yeah .. that reminds me that there's more than 2 Core professions ... the Healer/Cleric/Doctor is yet another one.

And yeah, equal levels MOBs in AO do not die in one hit.

But then again, we could also have critical fumbles and all that stuff that they have in D&D as well. Which reminds me of how Silverleaf died.

good ole critical fumbles
    "oops there goes ur party-members head, silly fighter"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast