Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please put back LW casting NT mobs

to cado

Cado my friend u forget again something, the nt mobs cant have team with them so need to be a lil more powerfull than in case a team invades in mission, also in case of solo mission NT mobs DONT have the ability to calm, the nts best weapon my friend is calm and nulity of course, but i vote on calm... u cant imagine what things i have kiled with calm +heal + nuke+ calm+ heal +nuke +calm +heal +nuke ....
    Do u thing the nt mob now has a chance against me ,for example ,when i can calm him and heal up max? Genarally mobs, miss some nanos players have, thats why they made them more powerfull at least in acs and etc.
    Freshman Tamara "Nozelin" Kozar

I fully agree.

Still - Anything that Instant Kills a player is not something I endorce, since it does not promote tactics and grouping.

Which basically puts you back into the simple Question, What can we do ? :

-Improve HP & AC on MOB and perhaps also attack rating.
    -Improve the AI.

Now, if you were a developer, which thing would cost the most in man hours to make ?
    Not the AI I bet.

Which brings us the full circle around ... they improve HP and AC.

Now, if there's an AI I have always wanted more of, it would be the AI in Severance : Blade of Darkness .. if you met 1 Orc, it was hard to kill since it was quite a blademaster and used it's shield a lot. If you met 2, you would see one shielding the other so you had a harder time to fight them ... or they would try to get on each side of you so you'd have to fight a 2 front fight.

Nasty buggers I tell you.

Or the Minotaur - It would make some grand overhead hits, which was easy to dodge, but if you dodged in the same way too many times, it would make a sideways sweep that was very hard to dodge.

That is the sort of things I would like to see more of in games.
    But it's very hard to code.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

On a side note: I got hit with "Rule of One" the other day. Are Crat MOBs suppose to be casting that? 2286 damage kind of stuck out

Originally posted by Derrien
    agree but dont forget to reduce infamines lvl to 180 , so she has to lvl again.
    really interessting that a lvl 200 char propose to make lvling harder...
    Wouldnt have a problem with that, one more week leveling aint that bad ...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Re: No thanks

Originally posted by Mercatura
    LW under current mechanics is stupid.

Theres still plenty of dying, all you need is dumb teamates.

Apply pvp damage caps, make debuffs work on mobs, give them realistic evades/resist (on higher ones) and no mob should be point blank immune to certain nano lines, then we'll talk.

Its either that or give us their insane hps or 50% damage. Neither of which is a good idea.

BTW poster is a 200 soldier...max LW damage through RRFE would be 6235. 5611 with a TL6 energy bracer. Thats assuming a max damage roll with no ACs at all. (Ask nts how often that is)

With long cast time, there used to be a "warning" (before sounds/animations got bugged) with plenty of time to hit TMS.

Hmm, selfish?

mm no but last toon i leveled to 200 i made the last 10 level watching TV and almost not watching my screen but for the joke i couldnt ear on voice chat...
    Yeh i play with teams on voice chat mostly, but when you can make like 400 missions without being afraid to die theres something wrong. Not that i want LW back, i just dont wanna make a fixer put him on full def in the middle of a dyna camp with a friend doc healing and staying on auto attack while we play chess or whatever we might do
    Infamine 200 soljah

Re: Re: No thanks

Originally posted by Infamine
    Not that i want LW back, i just dont wanna make a fixer put him on full def in the middle of a dyna camp with a friend doc healing and staying on auto attack while we play chess or whatever we might do
    All the mobs today are basicaly melee or pistol mobs. They don't play on the inherit strenghts of their class at all. This make them much to predicable to fight.. aka same tactics for an NT as for an Enf.

What needs to be done is what they tried to do with the NPC pets, aka make them more true to the class they are.

NPC can't use the same ql of nanos as they do today since that would unbalance things far too much since they have loads more hp then players.

Ex.

NT: Instead of using a pistol and casting perhaps 1 or 2 nukes. They should use nukes as main damage, sure they have to switch to a lower ql nuke then they use today. They should also try to fight at max distance with the help of roots, aka root, run to max range nuke, nuke....

Eng: Remove the weapon from the NPC but give it bot heals instead. Plus it should try to stay out of reach of the player.

Doc: Should have it's damage lowered radicaly, but they should always try to have 2 DoTs running on the player, plus they should heal much much more then today.

And so on...
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Well I started a thread on something similar a few weeks back and generally got flamed for it.

My points were about the differenecs between mission environments and PVP and how the gap could be closed and how life in missions might be made more interesting:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=66121

The big issue is that some people just want to get to level 200 as fast and as easily as possible - anything that slows them down they will complain about.

Others like myself are more interested in making the game interesting / more skillful to play.

Both groups are fee paying customers. The thing Funcom needs to work out is which group is more important to them longer term.

There is little variety and interest in teh game right now that players can gain access to. This is not to say that there isn't variety available its just that the BS XP tread mill has captured 95% or more of the playing populace and your chances of finding a team to do anythign else is pretty damn slim.

lets make an experiment

for the sake of the argument:

lets give all the nuker classes double or more the skills they have right now combined with a virtually unlimited nanopool - i say 10 times of what they have now is about the bare minimum.

make them undrainable and not affected by any nano lowering debuffs.

let s see how long that stays in game before people go crazy or cancel in disgust.

seriously, mobs casting the full arsenal of nanos only makes sense if they adhere to some of the rules pc casters have to adhere to.

atm a mob caster is not in the same ball park, not even the same universe as a pc caster.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Originally posted by Ityn
    Actually if you gave mobs our HP then used the same rules for PVP in PVM they could cast all their nanos and their would be no insta death from LW.

Mobs would have to work like we do, effected by debuffs, have our INIs, our higher ACs our HPs, decent weapons but not the very best, decent armor but not the very best, and work together with some cooperative tactics.

It would be great. I love the idea of giving mobs some love in the interesting department.

I have been thinkin about this for a while, I have alawys thought its plain silly how much HEALTH all these lame-brained goons in missions have.

I really wish there could be some balancing of these elements, whether by making weapons that say 1-400 actually only hit for that much, ever, and reduce these guys health. Give them buffing strategies, and team attack strategies, and make their firepower similar to ours.

I think mapping more profession specific stuff would be productive too They can debuff, we know that, why not make Doc's chain heal but have little attack capacity, and always try to run off and find another mob, who the Doc can heal as if He's in a team with!! Nt's should nuke exclusively (Pvp damage PLZZZZ)
    MP's debuff exclusively, while pets attack. Crats attack a bit, but make them calm the folks in the team they arent fighting! Area Roots? Calms? Make rooms where Engineers and 'Crats have their pets waiting, and buffed. Make agents sneaking always and Aimed shot you from hiding as you enter!? The ideas are endless, and easy to come up with.

I realize that 6 on 1 is never fair, (rationale for huge mob health bars) so make it 6 on 6 in every room! Why not make some missions have groups of mobs in a room who will all be "in a team" and will aggro together on the party of people, not just GOON-like on the first person they see.
    Let the teams strategy determine the outcome, not /calm add BOOM BOOM <doc heals person with aggro> Boom BOOM BOom for 15 min until It drops? So much potential in this game, thats why I am a fiend about it!
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)

Originally posted by Razaphysics

The big issue is that some people just want to get to level 200 as fast and as easily as possible - anything that slows them down they will complain about.

Others like myself are more interested in making the game interesting / more skillful to play.

Both groups are fee paying customers. The thing Funcom needs to work out is which group is more important to them longer term.

There is little variety and interest in teh game right now that players can gain access to. This is not to say that there isn't variety available its just that the BS XP tread mill has captured 95% or more of the playing populace and your chances of finding a team to do anythign else is pretty damn slim.

And this is the fundamental Problem. AO Single player Style or Multiplayer style. Heh, I always had thought AO resembled a 1 player game on only your computer when you do nothing but missions over and over. <shrug> People should be allowed to do whatever they want I agree with that
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123