Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please put back LW casting NT mobs

Please put back LW casting NT mobs

Missions are so boring and common nowadays noone over 150 is afraid to die anymore. Give those nanos back to the NT mobs so at least there will be a lil risk when doing a mission ...

NB: thats 100% serious if anyone was wondering
    Infamine 200 soljah

Last word is a retarded way of dieing, you cant do anything about it it just happens, thats not how you should die in a mission if youve been working well throughout the whole thing.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Originally posted by Fluffor "Tanyr" Neblett
    Last word is a retarded way of dieing, you cant do anything about it it just happens, thats not how you should die in a mission if youve been working well throughout the whole thing.
    I agree... there should never be a "WTF?" death.

Correct - Make a better AI for the Monsters would be a better solution.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

There was a good suggestion by somebody a while back to apply PVP rules to mobs, but at the same time make mobs have our HP and armor, evades and so on.

This would mean reducing damage across the board but it would be great if we could have one set of rules for PVP and PVM, it's a joke what I have to go through just to PVP, I need to find a doc a trader and an Advent, swap implants, swap weapons the whole process takes about 15 min.

Give them good AI - mobs interacting, using their nanos intelligently, and reacting to gunfire from neighboring rooms (take the ear plugs out of their ears or something).

This latest nurf to pets is so funny, in team missions I didn't even bother to calm a single one, because A, they are totally gimpy and B, the masters die in 10 seconds or less so the pets seldom even get the guard cmd.

....flojojojo | 220/17 vanguard, rimor's first 200 adventurer | equip | perks
    ..outtatime | 190/3 fixer

playing wow (pyrelight, 70 priest on uther server, alliance)
    retired from rubi-ka

even better idea !

hey guys, there would be something even better ! give nt mobs kel's !
    can you imagine the helluva fun if you enter that boss room and your whole team is eradicated in 1 second by two minions and boss casting kel's ?

sounds like fun huh ?

hehe might be kind of intersting so long as they dont chain cast it

hehe I dont think i have died in 40 levels, well, ok once, but it was because i fell asleep :P
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Heh .. I still remember back when monsters casted Nano's WAY over their own level. And sometimes they even used Nano's that are used by GM's, Arks and special monsters.

It went a bit like this :

-Get a Mission around level 40.
    -Enter the first room
    -Get nuked by 4 NT MOBs
    -They used a 10K Dam Nano, just for the fun of it.
    -Which they would chaincast 10 times each with no visible delay .... just to be certain you were REALLY dead !

Ahhh yes .. those were the times of "Need-another-mission" ...
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

LOL, that brings back memories.

I remember my first mission at lvl 2 or so where a fixer mob cast a -500 run speed snare on me. Good times
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Actually if you gave mobs our HP then used the same rules for PVP in PVM they could cast all their nanos and their would be no insta death from LW.

Mobs would have to work like we do, effected by debuffs, have our INIs, our higher ACs our HPs, decent weapons but not the very best, decent armor but not the very best, and work together with some cooperative tactics.

It would be great. I love the idea of giving mobs some love in the interesting department.

PC like mobs

Problem with making the NPC's have the same stats as PC's is that they'd be way too easy. How quickly could a team of 6 150's take down a solo 200 PC in PvP?

You could somewhat counter this by increasing the number of mobs in each room...but then you'd have to reduce xp per mob. And programming the AI for the mobs to react intelligently would be difficult, at least.

I think it's more that everyone pushes for 100% missions or there abouts most of the time up to around 150ish.

Then suddenly it's not that anymore, it's 70% then 60% then 50% difficultly.

I don't think the problem lies with the missions difficulty at a set level particularly, rather that there is no reason for anyone to take a mission above Ql200.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

And why not having NT NPC using really their nanoformulas ?

As it is now, I've only seen NT firing their pistols and nuking 1 or two times max. in a fight. They are sure not NT ! Just poor pistol users.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

agree but dont forget to reduce infamines lvl to 180 , so she has to lvl again.
    really interessting that a lvl 200 char propose to make lvling harder...

Yepp, the different NPC classes need to base their behavior on there class not on a generic ranged one..

They started with pet classes in the last patch... yeah need some tweaking still... and I want them back into solo missions... tweaked that is

Aka, NTs need to start nuking more... sure not at the ql of nukes the use today but perhaps at half ql.. every 10s or perhaps?
    Same for docs... they aren't healing enough..

But this also require that the damage/hp of those classes are adjusted at the same time.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Actually, LW might be realistic on mobs IF they had a REALISTIC cast time. You would see the NT actually casting and have time to maybe do something about it (interrupt, kill, try to make it to the zone). Actually, it would have an amusing "Oh sheet!" effect.

Lol, check sig=p

Was absolutly retarted to lose your entire team in a matter of seconds. I remember before nt rooms, the whole team would rush in and completely alpha the mob. Was always a crap shoot on who would die. Totally stupid.

Re: PC like mobs

Originally posted by Steelwraith
    Problem with making the NPC's have the same stats as PC's is that they'd be way too easy. How quickly could a team of 6 150's take down a solo 200 PC in PvP?

You could somewhat counter this by increasing the number of mobs in each room...but then you'd have to reduce xp per mob. And programming the AI for the mobs to react intelligently would be difficult, at least.
    Well that was my idea. Apply pvp rules to them so they can't insta kill you, 40% caps on their damage, let them use specials, cast their nanos smartly (nukes included) make them highly cooperative in 1 or 2 tiers of rooms, and now make 2-3 times as many in every room. Then they drop 50% of their exp.

Every class would have a strat to deal with this, soldiers could alpha their way thru the main, working the zone for the first room. The ACTION would be more intense, and faster, more like diablo, lots of death, lots of destruction lots of fast action.

I'm telling you it would just be a lot more FUN!

lets not put LW back, I just got nuked to reclaim by a damn crat mob for 2.8k damage. Lost ½ lvl, and Im HOPPING MAD!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast