Thread: hmmm... a few questions about playing without the booster...

hmmm... a few questions about playing without the booster...

1. If you install the booster will there be an option to play without it if you decide on any particular day you don't want to be involved in all the hubub?

2. If you don't install the booster what do you SEE? Do you still see towers but they can't be interacted with?

3. Without the booster do areas around towers remain at the old suppresion gas? You can't be shot at by a tower you can't interact with right?

4. If you are in a guild but don't have the booster then you won't be flagged if you guild attacks someone else's tower?

5. If you are in a build that builds towers and gets benefits from them but you haven't installed the booster, I take it you won't recieve those benefits?

6. If you enter a zone with towers and a battle going on exactly what does it appear as if you don't have the booster installed?

I guess overall I'm kind of wondering what it will be like roaming around in a world where different groups percieve the world in different ways...

1. There is no need, if you don't want to interact for what ever reason with booster stuff then you just don't.

2. You can still see, fight with the towers. The only thing you can't do with towers if you don't buy Notum Wars is place them on the ground. You can still buy them and build them through tradeskills.

3. No, they still will attack you

4. Don't know for sure, but you probably will be

5. You won't get any benifits except for buffs from the towers when your fighting near the towers

6. A battle between people and towers, but with less interesting graphics

uhhhh.....

So, to summarize, I'm paying the price of the booster so that I can;

1. Place towers on the ground,

2. Get some benefits of dubious value as my return on invested capital, and

3. Have some interesting battle graphics?

thanks for the info btw

Angry GRRRRRRR

Originally posted by Myers
    3. No, they still will attack you
    Ok, this is the part that disturbs me the most. If I understand you correctly, then the following scenario is quite possible:

I am zipping along in my little car, on my way to another mission. Suddenly looms a set of towers, and a message that the suppression gas is set to 0%. Out of nowhere a bunch of griefers set upon me and kill me instantly cause I'm frankly very low level (<100).

I had nothing to do with the war, and I'm not in any of the competing guilds, yet I get ganked.

Seems that if what you say is true, then a lot of griefing guilds can set up towers around popular mission areas on some zones, and just gank everyone hopping through. Easy to arrange in fact.

Do I understand this correctly? If this is true then AO is about to become griefer's paradise, and lose quite a few paying customers.

This is not the case.
    First towers can only be placed in pre designated areas. They can't be placed anywhere. Each designated area is assigned a QL in which only towers of that QL can be placed. So you wouldn't find QL 100 towers in Omni Forest or Tir County. It also sounds like these places can be easily avoided. You would know if you were approaching enemy towers.
    There are also lvl limits on pvp. A lvl 100 can't attack a lvl 20. I've heard things about chageing the pvp system from it's current system, but I can't confirm. Either way a lvl 100 can't attack a lvl 20, but if the old system stays a lvl 200 can attack a lvl 100.

But the main thing is it sounds like you should be able to avoid the conflict easily.

Thumbs down

Still, a group of level 100's can gank a level 85, right?

I understand that there will be special locations to place the towers, and I understand that they will be visible. But if my mission target is right smack dab in the middle of their "play field" (sic) then what happens? I can't get to my mission cause I get ganked by the griefers and/or their towers?

Even if this means I have to drop one out of every 10 missions I won't be a happy customer. I think Funcom wants happy customers, however, that may be wishful thinking on my part.

I really doubt you will find a mission area within one of these areas.

Question that is what they said

Originally posted by Myers
    I really doubt you will find a mission area within one of these areas.
    about the boss mobs 2 and remember that patch was yalm love supreme.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Talking

Originally posted by Blackwing
    Thats what they said
    About the boss mobs 2 and remember that patch was yalm love supreme.
    Heh, I learned that one last night. I ran a mission that had a Rhino boss near the entry. I thought, "What the heck, he is a couple of levels less than me, I'll just whack him first."

A few minutes later at the reclaim terminal I made a note of the HP differences for Boss mobs