Thread: Cars, Planes and Missions!!

Angry Cars, Planes and Missions!!

Im writing this while im rooted in a mission (Another fault that i'll keep for another thread).

I found my 5th (yes fifth!) Yalmaha today in a mission chest. I now consider these to be 'useless' loot along with ammo. I cant pass them onto my other char's, i cant sell them, all i do is collect them. Im not going to start auctioning them in shopping channel "Selling Yalmaha for 1,000,000. Come to mission and loot it from chest!" as i see this as an exploit.

Why dont they (funcom) allow us to sell them to shops for a reasonable amount of money or just take them out of damn missions? Today my total Garage is :

3 x Miids
    7 x Kodiaks
    3 x Hydros
    5 x Yalmahas

I got my first Yalmaha at level 58, a QL32 that i use today so the rest are useless to me as im not putting any ip into driving skills which are Dark Blue.

So why cant i sell the rest to a shop for a bit of cash?

I see level 15 characters now driving Yalmahas!! For gods sake Funcom pull your head out of your ass and do something for a change!! Either take them out of missions or make them sellable to shops!

*Grand opening of Waddi's Useless Car Museum!!*

You sound pretty lucky. I havn't found ANY vehicle in a mission and I've been playing since beta. Then again, I havn't played any character higher than 50th. What level do you really need to be before you have a chance of findng vehicles?
    So Shines A Good Deed
    In A Weary World

Well...

A lot of the level 15 characters you see with planes are those that either muled some cash off from their other high level characters, or in my case, had somebody donate credits from their own bank account.

But I agree that we should be able to do something, anything with these cars. My MA has a couple Yalmahas, several Mids and a few Kodiaks, all useless. Because there's no sense in raising ground vehicle when you have a plane.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

I have a bunch of bags in my bank now that are stuffed full of MA special attacks that I've looted, which are also of no use to me at all. I also recall seeing "nodrop trading" as one of the bannable offenses in one of Gaute's articles, which seems really absurd regarding items like extra vehicles and MA attacks.

If they really really don't want us to trade them, they should at least let us sell them if we've got more than 1 -- otherwise it's just wasting inventory space.

I've also found 5 yalmaha so far with my lvl 78 MA.
    I could give one to a guild member (he came to the mission and looted the chest) but I couldn't do it for the others.
    The only advantage I see is being able to upgrade the jets when my vehicle air skill increases naturally thanks to base abilities and higher ql implants but the extra speed is almost nothing.

How do you get those locked chests open? I haven't increased my B&E skill at all, so I simply can't any of them open now. At lvl 53, I can just about open the locked doors!

Creep.

Originally posted by Creep
    How do you get those locked chests open? I haven't increased my B&E skill at all, so I simply can't any of them open now. At lvl 53, I can just about open the locked doors!

Creep.
    the bold part would be the problem

You need around the mission level x 2 in break & entry to open all chests without much trouble (max 6 or 7 tries).

I've noticed that in a recent patch, opening locked items became lot more difficult. However, I can implant ql90 Shining and Bright Insurging giving around 70. I've already got a 30-odd base skill (from ability bonuses), so that'll total around 100. I didn't want to waste any money/time on creating these implants if it wasn't worth it.

Does the phat l00t only appear in locked chests then?

Tee!

Well, depends on what you define as "phat l00t". Sometimes I get nice bracers, stat rings, etc., but then you get tutoring thingies, water balloons, and armor neither you nor any sane person would wear.

Once in a while you'll hit a goldmine. But I can't count how many times I've struggled to open a chest only to find it completely EMPTY. Guh.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

What I mean is that will the Yalms, bracers and such *only* appear in locked chests? Or can you get hem from unlocked chests too?

Creep.