Thread: To all the Nerf Mongers!

To all the Nerf Mongers!

/Rant on

Never ever ask for a profession to be nerfed you asses! Instead ask for a bump for your profession to be put on par. Nerfs are never ever good, They affect everyone indirectly.

/Rant off
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

nerf nerf

nerf Engineers!!!!!

Re: To all the Nerf Mongers!

Originally posted by Rotamus
    Nerfs are never ever good, They affect everyone indirectly.
    Want to take a few minutes to think about that line before you come back and explain to everyone how boosts doesn't affect everyone indirectly?
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

IMHO FC works like this...

Bump a profession = give item/nano's and make them hard to get.

Nerf profession = Lets make X profession so bad that people have sympothy for them and easy up on the nerf crys...

Its kinda Black and White with FC... no shades of grey.... But please do not ask for nerfs... That only causes people pain.. In real life and in the game..
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Originally posted by AkodoReign
    IMHO FC works like this...

Bump a profession = give item/nano's and make them hard to get.

Nerf profession = Lets make X profession so bad that people have sympothy for them and easy up on the nerf crys...

Its kinda Black and White with FC... no shades of grey.... But please do not ask for nerfs... That only causes people pain.. In real life and in the game..

well I dont support nerfs, but irl pain? omg they need to seek help if that is true
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

engie pets have too much hp!
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Well, consider this hypothetical scenario:

For one reason or other, one of the professions has become too powerful relative to the other 11 professions and the mobs.

Would you...
    [list=A][*]nerf the overpowered profession[*]boost the other 11 professions and all mobs[/list=A]
    If you select option B then after a few iterations of such boosting, we'd end up with weapons that do a gazillion points of damage, mobs with a gogool hitpoints and 0.01% damage in PvP. Not to mention level restrictions on everything.

Sure, I hate getting nerfed as much as the next guy but sometimes it's simply necessary. In such instances it's commonly refered to as "balancing".
    Jefferey "Frappe" Mischler

Nerfs are needed, its no way FC can put every single profession up on par with the trader when it comes to PvP within a year, a nerf will take a day or two.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Re: To all the Nerf Mongers!

Originally posted by Rotamus
    Never ever ask for a profession to be nerfed you asses! Instead ask for a bump for your profession to be put on par. Nerfs are never ever good, They affect everyone indirectly.
    Thats exactly what people said during the EC nerf huh? No? Didnt think so...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Re: nerf nerf

Originally posted by Crazy
    nerf Engineers!!!!!
    Damn right!

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Originally posted by Wal
    engie pets have too much hp!
    You know it!

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Your right engineers should be nerfed.

Pets that have so much health that they are able to attack a target (not hit him just attack since its attack rating is so low) the he is able to survive about a minute with a QL200 enforcer boss.

Nerf the pets.

Oh don't forget nerf engineers in PVP! Oh wait.. thats happening already. LLTS's in 14.8 and that 1/3 more health gone because of the bracer nerf...

I think the 1023 in MC/TS that is needed for the Servant nano should be raised. You can hit that easy with mochams and a wrangle. Oh wait! They sorta did make it USELESS. It lasts 34 seconds! How much time do I have on that wrangle??

I put in a beta app for NW. I'm trying really to see the point why engineers exist other than to add background colour to the landscape. Engineers if put into a hollywood movie would die in the first 10 minutes. "Ensign Expendable".
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

There needs to be a gimpy class for the stupid people to play so that the smart people can feel superior. I think that's the main reason for the engineer class.