Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New bugs/exploits in PvP...

Angry New bugs/exploits in PvP...

K this has to be addressed. Now w/ what i assume is anti-gank "fixes" theres new bugs in PvP.

Example 1: I have Player x agg'd and we're fighting. They can drop agg, run/walk to zone and theres nothing I can do because I can't cast hostile nanos (i.e. root) and can't use any specials.

Example 2: I'm dueling caster class, they can unagg, I can't root or do specials, yet the can nuke me to oblivion and theres crap I can do about it.

This needs fixed, soon.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

Interesting...

Are you sure? This seems abit strange. I've cancled aggro during pvp fights after patch, and they could still attack me. Maybe not do nanos.. Can't remember. Will have to check it tho. If it's right, it's a nasty fault
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

You beat me to post this...

Example 3: Doc unaggroes so one cant use specials and take away huge chunk of HP, this way they dont need to CH, they can slowly heal up with regular heals...

Imo its not 'working as intended', I dont see where FC gets these ideas from...

I shouldnt go into personal scenarios and such, so I wont (err?)

Anyways... this needs to be returned to how it worked pre-patch
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

yeah there is some kinda problem.. most annoying is Novalia or newarival coming into ent arena.. pressing Q on someone and zoning out. then pounding them from outside and they cant attack back. sometimes peopel can attack back but mostly not : (

so your forced to exit the arena with low health.. and die outside. where normally you could just shoot back from inside.

when this gets fixed it will be a sad day for novalia.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha
    Interesting...

Are you sure? This seems abit strange. I've cancled aggro during pvp fights after patch, and they could still attack me. Maybe not do nanos.. Can't remember. Will have to check it tho. If it's right, it's a nasty fault

Perfectly sure, you can still attack the person as long as you have agg, but if the other person isn't agg'd on u then u can't use specials/hostile nanos.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

Ya i had that too, was fighting in the 100% area of the Camelot castle and the doc just pressed ESC. he could dot/initdebuff me like he wanted to and i could just use my normal attack (no specials/hostile nanos). Pretty annoying imho
    Rawkster - 200 Agent
    Thorian - 200 Trader

Same, green soldier attacked me in Tir last night, he hit esc and there I was with an unbuffed ithaca unable to slow, dot, nor use AS.

It's quite annoying.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

When ppl do that all you have to do is sit, and heal They unaggro you but you keep aggro on them so they can alway attack you. Just press esc too and the guy wont be able to do anything against you anymore. No more gank but ppl can alway run away now unless they stay in 25/0% zone. I think its great, no more ganking for duelers but now its quite hard to kill ppl

Originally posted by Insida
    When ppl do that all you have to do is sit, and heal They unaggro you but you keep aggro on them so they can alway attack you. Just press esc too and the guy wont be able to do anything against you anymore. No more gank but ppl can alway run away now unless they stay in 25/0% zone. I think its great, no more ganking for duelers but now its quite hard to kill ppl

Ummm...no?! This is stupid and if u sit and heal u lose agg and fight over anyway. I just keep agg and let em run hopin i get some lucky crits and they die anyways And anyways theres still ganking, always will be. You just gotta be smarter about it. Even though this makes it more difficult to gank, it also takes away from actually pvp fights. Sure maybe it makes those few ppl who pvp once in awhile and get ganked then come here and cry happy, but for the rest of us who pvp on a regular basis it's annoying as hell.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

Yea but I prefer to be protected against ganking than against lost of pvp point. But the real gankers are those ppl in the 75% Healing the ppl who are dueling.

lol, you mean you just can unaggro and the guy cant do **** with you, thats the most bisarre thing I have heard in a while.

No big suprise the endavouring clanppl quickly caught up with this bug to use for their advantage tho...

If its not a bug, well, no more pvp then?
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Originally posted by Hermy

No big suprise the endavouring clanppl quickly caught up with this bug to use for their advantage tho...

If its not a bug, well, no more pvp then?

oh yeah, i didnt see omni ppl using this bug also huh. right ur type of ppl make me sick that come here and say only one side farms, one side exploits/uses bugs to there advantage. get the hell outta my thread

Edit: I've seen omni and clan alike using this, and yes i have used it also.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr

kthxdie

/me ganks shiftyr

Originally posted by Shiftyr

Perfectly sure, you can still attack the person as long as you have agg, but if the other person isn't agg'd on u then u can't use specials/hostile nanos.
    Holy. Yeah, I've verified this now. I had a fixer trying to root me. I just stopped aggro, and he coulnd't cast. Free for me to run. Wicked.

Come to think of it, this could be a good change for certain situations.. However, the escape route for duel-runners are free now..

Both good and bad I guess.. Probably a bug since it hasn't been mentioned..
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 17th, 2002 at 21:38:44.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Originally posted by Nothinman
    yeah there is some kinda problem.. most annoying is Novalia or newarival coming into ent arena.. pressing Q on someone and zoning out. then pounding them from outside and they cant attack back. sometimes peopel can attack back but mostly not : (

so your forced to exit the arena with low health.. and die outside. where normally you could just shoot back from inside.

when this gets fixed it will be a sad day for novalia.
    You're kidding right?
    This is not the same thing that he is talking about. I do not cancel aggro when we fight the aggro stays and you ARE hitting me sometimes.. remember I hae GA.

And what do you expect any time I start a fight in Omni Ent I am faced with whever is in the Arena at the time all launching specials and rootsand nukes etc. If I don't zone its nighty night. I pick a target and start attack run out and hopefully the attack is still active so we can fight. And also hopefully you'll come out and fight 1v1 (of course with all your healers standing next to you).

Don't try to be all self righteous here. Tactics are used to get ONE of you 1v1. If not I last a total of 5 seconds.

I have resorted to just attacking anyone in Omni Arena these days without even bothering to ask for a 1v1.

I did have a nice duel with an enforcer and it was hella close and I don't know who would have won until a Fixer jumped in on me and I was forced to evac.

So fighting in either arena 1v1 against opposing factions is not generally a reality.

And the people that I hit Q on can fully attack me. I have seen no problem there.

I have seen the problem at Tir arena and people are using it effectively.

Nova, the bug applies to zoning as well, you cant use specials/nanos when someone zones out of arena during fight.

They just need to fix the bug..

I saw some fixer name fixxxxxah doing something way worse:

Shoot - ESC
    http://letah.ff.net/thumb.php?w=max&...llery/bug1.jpg (did a mt there.. oops)
    Shoot - ESC
    http://letah.ff.net/thumb.php?w=max&...llery/bug2.jpg
    Shoot - ESC
    http://letah.ff.net/thumb.php?w=max&...llery/bug3.jpg

etc...

and ofcourse I'm the exploiter for knowing this bug

A lot people use these tactics nowadays, and I'm quiet pissed over it. In a bad situation? Just hit ESC and heal! Then continue the battle. Wear em out, all of em!. Pathetic. So much fun when that person /tells your back that you do like 0 dmg.. yeah, no dots, no debuffs, no dd nanos, no AS for me..
    Last edited by Letah; Nov 18th, 2002 at 07:01:32.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

lol "you are teh lamer!"
    Pfft!

/me laughs

Nice post Letah!!

Silly fixer =)

but good for a laugh ....heh
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by Letah
    Same, green soldier attacked me in Tir last night, he hit esc and there I was with an unbuffed ithaca unable to slow, dot, nor use AS.

It's quite annoying.
    Ok, I post here just to set something right.....
    I stood in the arena of Tir and such kind of uber feeling omni doc came along and attacked me. What I saw was a short message, that Letah attacks and a short Autotarget on Letah and in the next second she was hidden in the dust. No time for me to start attack (Im not on autoattck in arena with all the mongoing enfs around). I OMHH'd a few times just to see if I get hit, because I know, hits doesnt show up, if the other keeps aggro on me and hides somewhere in Tir... range means nothing with this bugexploit. And yes, I got hits on me, just regular Ithaca hits, nothing to fear, but I had to heal. I decided to zone and took my time to rebuff. Next thing I saw, was Letah standing in the arena... I thought, 'ok dude... you wanted to fight, then fight...'

I know, Soldier cant make a scratch into outside buffed docs armor, but hey, I didnt care... We fought a bit and while she was chainhealing herself, I got chainhealing from other clanners around. I didnt ask for it, but hey, I take what I get to take omnis down
    After a while, I saw it makes no sense to fight this doc. I wouldnt die with all the pets and healings on me and she wouldnt die with her ability to CH....
    I hit ESC and tried to walk away, but she followed and wanted to kill me... whatever... I went on full def, sat down on the street and let Letah hit me whatever she would hit... I guess I sat there 30 minutes or more and she was never able to bring me more down than 50% with only some weak regular hits and 1 crit every minute. I decided to log, because I was bored and it was late.

I know this bug is annoying and I lost my FA and Burst as well in other fights at the arena.
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Heh yeah I remember that. I always try shoot people at 40m range to get a few first free shots

I actually had a Trader on their way and an agent to buff me insanely up so I could go Vektor and kil lyou, but sadly you logged.

Doesn't make it differnt though, I think it's quite bad that you used a bug in the game to prevent 80% of my offensive capabilities to be used.
    Last edited by Letah; Nov 18th, 2002 at 11:26:48.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast