Thread: Horrors of Post-Radiman Era

Talking Horrors of Post-Radiman Era

Just figured I'd start a new thread about the latest story update, with a few quotes that I found particularly interesting:

That and their custom for bending over like the whores they are to the Corporate wallet.
    This is perhaps the greatest single sentence I have ever read in any publication in my life. (The author is talking about the ICC, btw.)

Only thing I can say is that just about anything’s better than what it’s like at the moment, isn't it?
    Anyone care to debate the implications of this statement? Does anyone think that the story will gravitate towards a new centralized leadership for the Clans any time soon?

And what about the Neutrals' role in all of this and in the overall story? I've been looking over some of the past discussions, but it seems like there has been no conclusive role determined for them as of yet. If anyone knows of anything more concrete, please feel free to share your thoughts.

well you cant trust them ICC, just after more money for their members in the short term than the long term future of Rubi-ka.

((neutrals actually have no defined role as a 'faction' we never have and i doubt we ever will. What we are starting to see though is a number of guilds pursue their own interests within the setting of Rubi-Ka and AO, for some examples see Desert Winds, Nanomage Liberation Front, Circle G, Foresight, Elite Operations, Shadow Templar and The Independent Rubi-kans. Some groups have overlapping aims but can not said to be heading in exactly the same direction. Essentially making each guild its own 'faction' to some degree and they may move to help or hinder the other groups.
    Neutral nowadays could be viewed as a 'rainbow of shades of grey' viewpoints between Omni-tek and the clans, there is usually something for everyone. the days of the whiney neut sitting on the sidelines or being the victim seem to be passing and I for one am happy about that. The recurring criticism though is such groups are no longer neutral in the strictist sense as some take quite an active role in events around them, which is only natural.
    some groups could are using 'neutral' as a flag of convenience to hide their more nefarious aims, others take no part in the conflict, others simply ignore all faction flags and take each person on face value, others are neutral as they are not clan or omni-tek and I am sure there are a number of other reasons. Hmm I am kind of going off the point of will neutrals influence the story, i think we will be having some sort of involvement its hard to say why i feel this when i have no concrete evidence, its just a gut feeling.))

For the clans to get a central leadership someone has to arise and pull all the clans towards his or herself. We could see a period of bitter fighting going on which should please one or two of the more bloodthirsty leaders in the north. I am sure Omni-tek will watch the fallout with glee as their enemy self-destructs, until the fighting starts to disrupt the flow of money into the coffers. And then? send in troops to calm things down, pouring oil onto fire you might say.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

"well you cant trust them ICC, just after more money for their members in the short term than the long term future of Rubi-ka."

Oi, this is starting to get to me. everyone keeps saying things like this and not once can enyone back up in the history or in the timeline where this is proven, or stated. Thanks.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

ICC

Well Jesska I get the distinct impression that a lot of people are confused about what the ICC exactly is.

It is my understanding that the ICC is a large governmental oragnization that licenses and leases properties. In that case the ICC doesnt actually get to keep all the profits from the Rubi-Ka lease. It would go to which ever governing body they work for. The ICC is like a 29475 version of the early 20th Century "Trust Busters". It is a government run organization to settle disputes between hyper-corporations. It approves or disapproves mergers between hyper-corporations.

The ICC itself is not a corporation. They are a neutral intervening party, who made planetfall to "supposedly" cool down the bioling hot situation on Rubi-Ka. When all they really did was take the spots of the old Clan Guards and stand there and do nothing. But being as they are neutral this is understandable that they dont attack anyone. I wouldnt expect them to just pop off rounds at random people walking by.

However their presence in Tir is very annoying. I find it odd that the ICC would come to cool down a situation on Rubi-Ka and they they just let Omni walk right through what once was a prodominantly Clan city.

But back to the original point of this post. The ICC is not a corporation that is looking to line their pockets with Notum. They are simply a governmental regulatory agency. They regulate and monitor the actions of all hyper-corporations in the Galaxy to make sure that no one company gains too much power. They are supposed to maintain a healthy balance of income/business so that all the major corporations get a fair share of each market.

Right this moment OmniTek has a monopoly on Notum. And it did not surprise me that Sol Banking wanted to have a hand in the ICC coming to Rubi-Ka. Do you think that Sol Banking sent the ICC in one of their flagships for the heck of it? No they wanted to make a statement. That is why the other hypercorporations wanted the ICC here, and OmniTek didnt.

I hope this clears up a little bit about the ICC and thier role in all of this. If anyone has more questions feel free to ask.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Great post Fixerben.

that was exactly my point. I don't think people really get the ICC. I don't doubt that it is annoying having the ICC in Tir for clanners. The thing that has been driving me nuts is everywhere I go people have been saying that they are in it for the money, they are there to take over..yada yada yada.

My point was that people are using that as a argument to hate them. if your gonna gate them, at least hate them for logical reasons, rather than using this money, profit..whatever line over and over again.

And as a note, I am all for people disliking ICC if you have a good reason. I can't say i'm too find of them myself..but it's a Omni thing....we like the monopoly

anyhoo.....thanks for a well said and thought out post.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Post Well...

Well I dont mean to help Omni prove their point, but I also dont like people misunderstanding things. It causes trouble in plot line situations. Imagine someone trying to tell me that the ICC wants money, well I know for a fact thats simply not true. And I would just stop talking to that person as it is very annoying when you are trying to RP with someone that has no clue what they are talking about.

But I guess in helping you prove your point I also proved my own. That the ICC is interfering no matter which side you are on. They came here to keep the peace and now they do nothing. They dont belong in Tir anymore, they never did in the first place. I wonder if they ever had any intent of doing anything at all...I have seen no action from them in the past 2 months or so. They simply stand there and do nothing. I wonder if the ICC even exists in the story line anymore. If so what the hell are they doing to keep the peace?

As a Captain of the CoA Peaceleepers I seem to be the only one trying to keep Tir civil, and the Omni out of our territories. It frightens me that such a grand organization as the ICC can claim to keep the peace and do nothing at all about anything going on in the current plot line. You would think the ICC would have something to say...Maybe I will have to send the ICC a message demanding some action.

I think its about time they got involved again. I am tired of their lazy gray life barred guards. Its time for them to leave Tir, and be replaced by guards who will keep Tir safe. I dont care if I would have to patrol Tir all day and they gave me a PvP flag. Something needs to be done about Omni just roaming free in Tir. Its not right...we want our city back. And we will have it.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21