Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My statement. A long & boring read.

Post My statement. A long & boring read.

I ask for the understanding that this is a statement and not a discussion thread. If you have comments or want to rant me to death, please do so ted@ioslo.net and not in this thread. Any harsh flames and foul language will have this thread deleted, and I would like to avoid that. I would make this thread closed, but I do not have the priviledges to do just that. Thanks for understanding.

Hi,

beeing flamed and spammed with hate-tells for about 2 hours, I
    thought it would be the proper time to come with a statement
    with focus on my views of the combination of events that occured
    at the spawn of Obediency Enforcer today.

Now, before you hit that "reply" button and tell me to go screw
    myself and keep my lies to my sorry self, I urge you to take a
    minute and read this as it is the last you will hear of me about
    this particular situation.

Once again, I will try to keep it short, but I have a big tendency
    to write, write and write when I let my thoughts out on a
    situation that has my attention. And this is very much so a strong
    candidate.

Here goes....

I logged on AO today and immediately got a nice and friendly tip
    from Glopp, that Obediency Enforcer (herby called the OE) was up
    and beeing killed. I asked if I could come and got confirmation
    that I could. So I proceeded to pack up my gear and hitched the
    next flight out to EFP.

As I arrived, I saw the OE was fighting and at a good 50% HP. I
    immediately buffed up and snagged a RRFE from a nearby soldier,
    challenged up and hit flurry. Bad move. As I went on him, it took a
    whole 10 seconds before I drew aggro and was hit with 2 hits
    and 2 crits.

I gathered my stuff again, and did the above, one more time. And
    once again it was a stupid move. I died. Back for the 3rd time I
    decided to lay low on the aggro setting and not use flurry.
    Worked well enough.

2 minutes later, the OE had to fall for the supreme power and
    dropped two drops and a nodrop, his Punishment Rod. Zerosignal
    proceeded forward to loot the two drops and inform us about the
    nodrop.

This is when Tort yalmed up and gave me a tell; "Good luck!". I
    told Zero that I believed Tort was at it, trying to snag the loot
    and told him I would do the same, cept pass down the loot if I
    got it while it shifted to the raffle-winner. I yalmed up and
    hoovered on top of body.

Getting spammed in vicinity with "FALL BACK, MOVE AWAY, GO
    HOME, TAKE A HIKE, FREE BRONTO BURGERS TO YOUR RIGHT,
    BINGO IS OPEN" etc, I did a /shout asking people to clam down
    with assurance that I was not there to ninjaloot.

But then it happened. No matter how unfortunate it was, the
    damn OE-corpse decayed. Damn Punishment Rod .. gone. That
    was it for me. My situation was sealed. I was to be packed in a
    box labeled "Dumb f0ck of the year" and shipped to hell, express.

Viewing it from my point of view, the action that I did was based
    on the chance that -when- loot was to be shifted to the righthous
    raffle-winner, I would stand equal chance as Tort to get
    lootwindow. I would then proceed to release lootwindow again,
    with the hope that the winner would be able to open loot 2nd
    time around.

Situation ended abrupt before this could ever happen. And I
    emphatise this, I could -not- forsee that this boss' loot was
    bugged and had a normal decay-timer. Also, take into
    consideration that if my presence was not there, there would be -
    no- time, whatsoever, to do a raffle and give out the Punishment
    Rod. Then your anger would instead be aimed at FunCom or Tort,
    depending on his presence or not.

The result of todays misfortune are pretty clear to me:

The lucky "would-be" raffle-winner did not get a shot at the
    Punishment Rod and Caol, as a character, is left completely
    without friends of the same alignement in the so-called conflict of
    Rubi-Ka.

This is more than what can be said for Tort's case, since he
    sucessfully gathered 30+ clannerfriends at OE's camp, 1 hour
    after first kill, and managed to bring it down.

I ask you to step back and take a minute to think what actually
    happened at OE's camp today, and reflect on the facts of the
    situations, not a trillion "what if's" and hypotetical scenarios. I
    assure you that this will be the last you hear from me regarding
    this situation. I have said all that I have to say. I am not a
    terrible person. I treasure my friends in AO very much, but it
    seems I lost em all today...

I will also use this as an oppertunety to adress the flaws of the
    current loot system that we all have suffered under for a long
    time. I would like very much to see FC take part in this and ask
    for suggestion on how the loot system might be improved to
    adress issues like this in the future.

As well, I would like to say that what Tort planned to do, is
    actually allowed and that I admire his sencerity. I can't imagine it
    would be hard for FunCom to stop this, but seeing have it hasn't
    been done for well over a year, I'm starting to think that this was
    intended. After all, we are omni, Tort is clan. This has been
    happening in Camelot, and if a person was cheated for loot
    there, is he not right to come to another boss and try to ninja
    back? Just something to think about.

I will now proceed to my lunch, which I will, with no doubt, not
    enjoy very much.

Signed,

One Frustrated Caol.
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 15th, 2002 at 14:18:43.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

sounds sincere enought, dont understand why anyone would flame ya for those thoughts Caol. Flame ya for not taking a bath you trox! is another matter alltogether
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Ya still got me, buddy As long as your omni, u got at least ONE same-sided friend. Understand ur intentions, altho i was nvere mad at u in the firstplace cya in game humanoid!

I dunno what this is all about but as long as its in the hand of an omni who PvP and is active, im okay with it. Its FAR worst when I see a lv 150 doc w/ no Title who got a GPH cause hes the lucky winner of the TaraLottery. But it kinda sucks if the winner of our High lv enfo too. Just make sure you use it to kill clanners

Thanks for not crashing my statement with a bunch of trolls/flames. I know many of you will have your negative views on me for some time to come, but I am delighted that this thread didn't get filled with anti-caol spam in an instant.

Also, Insida, there seems to be some confusion. I did not ninjaloot any items. Infact, noone looted it at all due to the fact that the boss-corpse decayed away (normal decay rate bug).
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

dont know u ingame (RK2'er) but read about this in enf. forum... good to read the other side, only mistake was ofcourse to hoover over the corps...u should know how nervous this makes most people, if u have ever been to tara.. but a valid point that it would have also been lost if u werent there, a mob like that disappearing so fast... i think funcom can shove that rod where the sun dont shine...

Caol nice explantion but whatever happened with the spawn rate and whatever your intentions be that you have written above. EVERYONE was asked to move back. and two players failed to comply.

I was there from the first attempt until we started on the second attempt. and Sky is probably cursin putting the word out for more players. Granted bug decayed rate and for a no drop item is sinful by Funcom. plus the factor of a poor way to handle no drop items in the game ...which we all know from Camelot.

You are tarred with the same brush If you had moved back and the body still decayed while everyone argued over Tortureyou.....well only one would have been blamed for that.

Tortureyou.

You stayed there.

You share part of the blame no matter what your intentions were.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Gotta agree with Phingers.

Regardless of your intentions, the situation looked *real* bad.
    Shoulda backed off.

(Wasn't there, so can't really comment further.)
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

sounds like good initiative but poor judgement

Eh

Everybody makes misstakes...

I think Caol had good intentions and meant well.

I dont know Tort, but i do know Caol some.

Allthough he is an Omni Scum(:P) he is an atrox with honor.
    I have no reason not to believe, he has proven to be a very nice guy indeed.

So Caol, dont worry bro. The ppl that are pissed off will see the truth soon enough.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Fingers
    Caol nice explantion but whatever happened with the spawn rate and whatever your intentions be that you have written above. EVERYONE was asked to move back. and two players failed to comply.

You share part of the blame no matter what your intentions were.

Phinger
    I'd like to see how you guys could shoot up a raffle and share loot when it took a whole two minutes for it to decay.

I could very well have been the one with an open loot window during the loot-shift, and could have passed the loot window once more.

I can't even say it was poor judgement of me. I was expecting it to decay like a normal boss. All I did was try and decrase Tort's chance of ninjalooting it.

Either way, it's not even sure Tort would ninja it, seeing as he has never ever ninjalooted in the past.

Worth mentioning is that I did infact back off, until I saw Tort yalming up and go to the center of the corpse. I also told the lootholder. I looked on him as a former guildie and a friend that I thought would trust me.

It was an unfortunate event that got triggered by a bug in the game. Nothing more, nothing less. Without me there, nothing would have changed. The situation would have been the same, except Cz would be working overtime deleting threads about how much FunCom blows and whatnot.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your oppinion, Phinger. And based on the tells I've gotten with what you have been saying about me behind my back ingame, I think we can agree on that we won't be friends in the near future.

I will admit tho that I understand peoples reaction etc. It's easy to cast blame and I would have prolly done it myself. I will try to stay alittle more in the background in the next unique event tho, just to give the lootholder peace of mind. Again, sorry Zero.

Edit: Anikitos; thnx for the kind words. Mean alot up in all this..
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 15th, 2002 at 17:33:39.
    Pfft!

I don't know Caol as well as I'd like, but I know him better than I know Tort by far. The times I've interacted with Caol, he has shown nothing but integrity and honor(and a hell of a good mind for the game); so, if Caol says his intentions were benign, then I, for one, will accept it without question.

After all, does it take a Neutral to tell you that not all Omni are bad, and not all Clan are good? And vice-versa, of course.

Soooo........consider this a "sticking up for Caol" post. He says he meant no harm, and I believe him. I urge you to do the same.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Lol I woulda ninja looted the rod and I'm not even an enforcer!

Kidding......maybe
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Re: My statement. A long & boring read.

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha
    [B] After all, we are omni, Tort is clan. This has been
    happening in Camelot, and if a person was cheated for loot
    there, is he not right to come to another boss and try to ninja
    back? Just something to think about.

One Frustrated Caol.
    Noone should ninja loot. not something anyone should even consider thinking about.. its lame and stupid.

Camelot ninjaing.. its a pvp zone and i have several times seen clans "walk the roof" "/quit" etc. etc. Its a battle for loot in camelot. And only in Camelot.

75% boss killing is not. Ninjaing from the other side.. i can understand yet disagree with it in campalot/griefalot castle but not in a 75%... thats just immature.

Anyway OE issue. benefit of doubt

caol has been a good freind of mine now for ages now ,i remember when he was pissed ages ago becouse angelic and a few others took his fred sleeve ,i dont think he would ninja even tho i bet he would love that rod =D

Question Caol... first Zero holds loot till we decide an winner, then he lets go off loot for the winner to get it, then you and Tortureyou both tries to get the loot in between, and if you get it then you'll let go again (provided your honest in your statement of course) and pass it onto the winner... why exactly? Wont this just give tortureyou an second chance to ninja it? And are we all allowed to take it on ourselfs to jump in between and then pass it on? Wont that just increase the chance of someone ninja looting? We need some order in the looting, and do as the ones who keep order say...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Razers
    caol has been a good freind of mine now for ages now ,i remember when he was pissed ages ago becouse angelic and a few others took his fred sleeve ,i dont think he would ninja even tho i bet he would love that rod =D
    I remember Razers. And I still remember how you came to me and gave me a Frederickson sleeve just out of the blue. I'll never forget that and I'm wearing that sleeve to this date. I promised then that I would come for whatever you need, and I intent to hold that promise.

And for you Centurion, you are right. When you think of it like that, it would give him another chance. But, sadly there was no time to announce a winner. There was no time to even get the raffle going.

I stepped out like a fool, and the situation slapped me in the face. I've learnt my lessed now tho. So be sure that you will never see this kind of crap for me again....
    Pfft!

Could you tell us what the 2 drops were? I'm kinda hoping that some anti-matter generator or something would drop off that thing.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Could you tell us what the 2 drops were? I'm kinda hoping that some anti-matter generator or something would drop off that thing.
    Three drops.

NODROP Item was: Punishment Rod (and no I don't even want it )

NORMAL Items were: +75 Multi.Ranged +xx Multi.Melee bracer (don't remember name) & Slayerdroid Claw (QL309 <- odd)

The bracer had title-level 8 requirement and 900ish ability req. Think it was agility. (!!!)

As far as I know, by rumour and guess, the second upgrade drops off Fiery Trainee (with same chance of loot as Matrix-Mesh on Diamondine Trainee. I.e 1/10 chance).

But that's not confirmed at all.
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 15th, 2002 at 20:45:14.
    Pfft!

Too bad the corpse was configured to have a normal decay timer and not a boss decay timer. Real bummer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast