Thread: Thoughts on pre-lim 13.6 patch notes:

Arrow Thoughts on pre-lim 13.6 patch notes:

I'll only comment on the ones that apply to my characters:

Inventory Changes:
    • Items in your inventory should now stay in the position you placed them, even if you zone or log out. (Third time's a charm!)

I'm just awe-struck that this problem has remained for so long and is so hard to quash. Anyone want to bet it'll remain?

Mission Changes:
    • On certain settings (Bad/Money) you would occasionally get only 2 missions to choose from instead of 5. This should now be fixed.

Good.

Item Changes:
    • Attack of the Snake should now work properly, even when the item has a Quality Level over 100.
    • Reflect Bracelets should now work. The reason they didn't work was a missing stat.
    • Ring of Luck - Defensive now adds to your defensive skill (it added to offensive instead).
    • There are more kinds of backpacks now! -w00t!-
    • The description on damage increasing items has been fixed. Previously it stated that this was a % increased, which was wrong. It is a straight increase, not a %. ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT A NERF. The way the items operate has not changed in any manner, only the description of the items was fixed.

I'm curious as to what exactly was broken with AotS beyond the higher QL ones (that problem I know about). I know it's mostly useless, so hopefully it will be more useful now.
    Other than that all good so far. I'd much prefer the damage increase be a percentage rather than a straight # because at higher levels those things are worthless honestly as far as I can tell. If they were a percentage, then they'd be useful.
    The rest are good with me.

Chat Changes
    The font which is used by the chat-window is now user-configurable. As an added feature for all languages, it allows all players to change both the font and the font-size in the chat-window. The font can be configured from the settings-panel in the launcher.
    • Grid Terminals will now let you know when you do not meet the skill requirements.
    • You will not get an appropriate message when trying to trade with a character already in trade.

Would've been nice if we could change the font in-game instead of waiting to log in and load all those graphics just to see if what we chose works for us. Oh well, it's better than nothing I suppose.
    And I'm assuming that your patch notes are supposed to say "You will NOW get an appropriate...".

Nano Changes:
    • Adjusted how NPCs react to "Healing over Time" nano programs. This change should make the life of Doctors a little easier.
    • The martial artist controlled destruction nanos (Crash of Thunder, etc) no longer debuff nano skills for 2 minutes. They now debuff for 15 or 20 seconds. The recharge delay on these nanos was also reduced accordingly.

Good.

Things I would have loved to see in these patch notes:
    • MA animations fixed and added. You now can kick again and more combat animations have been thrown in for variety's sake.
    • Fixed camera now truly a fixed camera (does not pan around when you sit, etc.). You can now control the height of the camera as well.
    • You can now change the colors of the chat!
    • You can now toggle the following chat filters:
      Non-team other messages on/off: click this to show only messages derived from your team. With this on you'll only see damages and chat from your team members. This'll make combat chat more easy to follow.
    Last edited by zeroframerate; Jan 12th, 2002 at 16:52:49.