Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Read this thread: important

The "interesting" thing in a virtual world like AO is, that it allow some ppl to be the same moraless, loothorny scum then in real life. If they play it just as a role, a dirty scum character (pirate, thief even griefer) it let me feel sick of them ingame, but its just a game.

If they begin to state real life statements to justify their actions it just begins to make me feel sorry for their poor real lifes - enjoy ...
    Quotation from a statement of Henry Radiman, official Clan Leader:
    >> "Action is needed," says Radiman. "Commentary is needed. Policy is needed. The Council is needed." <<

------------
    Marariella, once a Member of The Council
    ------------

no nodrop Item woold be a solution 2.

Originally posted by tavumebottes
    no nodrop Item woold be a solution 2.
    Yes, but NODROP's was introduced for a reason. To prevent overcamping and dominating a mob for uniques to sell / farm.

However, I presented this suggestion as it will work as some sort of "middleway meeting" between NO NODROP and the current NODROP situation.

IMO, it would be alot better if we got a much more sophisticated
    loot system. The looter loots, and has 2 hours to give out items.
    I.E no loot would be NODROP when looted from boss. But once
    they changed owner one time, they would activate and become
    the usable NODROP weapon/armor/item whatnot.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Re: This will happen again.

Maybe I'll have to quote you again to make you understand, I shoulda done that from the beginning, knowing you're not that bright...my bad.

Originally posted by TORTUREYOU
    If Im out there and I see omni killing that thing, why should I not try and loot it?
    This quote, my dear friend, is what I'm questioning. I'm sorry if I didnt make that perfectly clear the first time.

I like Caols suggestion.

They could make the rod, and items like it, be some tradeable container, which in turn can be opened to get the nodrop item inside. The Agent Balaclava hood works like this (buy tradeable "sealed" balaclava in the store, open it to get the nodrop hood).

Best of all would probably be no "nodrop" flag, but I don't know their reasoning for making these items nodrop, so I won't comment on that.

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha

Yes, but NODROP's was introduced for a reason. To prevent overcamping and dominating a mob for uniques to sell / farm.

However, I presented this suggestion as it will work as some sort of "middleway meeting" between NO NODROP and the current NODROP situation.

lol what item isn t camped with the nodrôp system that will be without it ?

neleb coat
    we are talking of a 20 min spawn mob
    TIM it s camped

the only item i can understand as Nodrop are item mission

I'll bring up the concern of ninja looting with Customer Service.

no policy plz
    improve the loot system

{Moderator: Please refrain from personal attacks.}
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 15th, 2002 at 15:30:21.

{Moderator: Please refrain from replying to personal attacks. Just report it to a moderator.}

-noted.
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 15th, 2002 at 16:13:26.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Originally posted by randomjoe
    {Moderator: Please refrain from personal attacks.}
    I'm much too young to have been involved in this, and maybe I should just keep my opinions on the subject to myself. Instead, I've elected to follow your lead, and say what I have to say. I'll try not to follow your form, however.

There are statements from both 'offenders' here that are pretty easy to find and read. They reflect very different motivations for each of the individual's actions.

I don't know either player, but I suspect many do. I did read a 'doesn't sound like them comment', earlier. If you do know one of these people, and the actions don't sound like the person you know, read their statements. See if those do sound like the person you know. Then draw your conclusions.

Originally posted by Cz
    I'll bring up the concern of ninja looting with Customer Service.
    You're going to the wrong department Cz. Try the next room and see if the developers are awake instead.

Retracting my previous statement.

After talking to a few of the old school players, Ive decided to withdraw my statement on ninja'ing and thinking it was right to do to the other faction. It was a pure rage post nothing else. The fact of the matter is this. I dont like ninja'ing in any way shape or form. I've never ninja'd anything in this game, and you can do a search of the boards or ask any player clan or omni If I ever have.

I logged in EFP today and decided to go take a look at the OI camp. I found omni there, I hung around and watched them kill it, taking note of a few tactics they were using etc. Once the mob droped Boarder and Skymarshal had to go R/L and personally start flaming me.

So I decided to stay above the corpse and give them a little drama is all. I had no intentions of ninja'ing it. The mob decayed about as fast as a normal mob in a mission would decay. I apoligize for what happened today, it was defenetily out of my character, and the R/L flames is what set me off. Im sure Caol could vouch for what R/L flames do to me. Where are my pills.

I know this probably wont help much. Tantrumzero,pogobear, etc I know how you must of felt today. My intentions did not start off devious there.

Re: Retracting my previous statement.

Originally posted by TORTUREYOU
    After talking to a few of the old school players, Ive decided to withdraw my statement on ninja'ing and thinking it was right to do to the other faction. It was a pure rage post nothing else. The fact of the matter is this. I dont like ninja'ing in any way shape or form. I've never ninja'd anything in this game, and you can do a search of the boards or ask any player clan or omni If I ever have.

I logged in EFP today and decided to go take a look at the OI camp. I found omni there, I hung around and watched them kill it, taking note of a few tactics they were using etc. Once the mob droped Boarder and Skymarshal had to go R/L and personally start flaming me.

So I decided to stay above the corpse and give them a little drama is all. I had no intentions of ninja'ing it. The mob decayed about as fast as a normal mob in a mission would decay. I apoligize for what happened today, it was defenetily out of my character, and the R/L flames is what set me off. Im sure Caol could vouch for what R/L flames do to me. Where are my pills.

I know this probably wont help much. Tantrumzero,pogobear, etc I know how you must of felt today. My intentions did not start off devious there.
    Doesn't get much clearer than that, does it, guys?

Most should know that the relationship between me and Tort is far from "ideal". I've had rage towards Tort more than any other person in this game. I would call him alot of nasty things, but I have still no grounds on which I could call him a ninjalooter.

Some of you outlined in the deleted thread that I had Tort on my friendslist. Yes, that is correct. I do have him on my friendslist, and I've had him there since I first got in a big fight with him. He's been there soly on the purpose of a "Uh oh, he's on. Better be alert." when I'm around Tir Arena.

Tort got pissed about the **** he received in vicinity, that's understandable. Infact, I got a bit upset too. Beeing told how people would find out where I live and burn me to death, only to piss on my corpse is .. disturbing.
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 15th, 2002 at 16:12:28.
    Pfft!

Well, I was one of the guys talking with Tort. And its pretty clear what the intentions was and was not now that the things have calmed down a bit as it shows in his post.

However - this still raise the problem as it is. All these new uniques starts a clear problem as long as there are no policy against it. Seriously I can't see how you can make a bulletproof system against ninja-looting. Just as you can't make a 100% system against shoplifting.

My suggestion is make looting from special mobs be shown in vicinity for all, not just team. Make the GM-tools possible to track who had loot-right, who got the loot in case a ninja-looter is reported. This has to be bulletproof.

1) Proven ninja-looting first time offence. Warning and handing item back to right owner.
    2) 2nd time proven incident, permanent ban and handing back item to right owner.
    3) False reporting of ninja-looting should result in either permanent ban or suspension of an account. Can't have people wasting GM's time with childish reports.

I can't see how the suggestion about making nodrops tradeable for the first 2 hours will help at all. At the matter of fact it will make it a lot worse in a place like Camelot. Then you even have a chance to give the nodrop you looted with a newbie-char to your main.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by schma
    I like Caols suggestion.

They could make the rod, and items like it, be some tradeable container, which in turn can be opened to get the nodrop item inside. The Agent Balaclava hood works like this (buy tradeable "sealed" balaclava in the store, open it to get the nodrop hood).

Best of all would probably be no "nodrop" flag, but I don't know their reasoning for making these items nodrop, so I won't comment on that.

- schma
    It beeing another item and be tradable until someone "opens" it or "execute" the item would defeat the entire purpouse of an item beeing NODROP. Well, atleast to a major extent.

Zerosignal was the first one to suggest this today (as I found out later by browsing the forum), and I fully support that suggestion. Make a NODROP item be lootable by leader and make it so that the item can be transferable -1- time within 1 hour after the mob/lootholder has been killed.
    Pfft!

How are you going to prevent farming of nodrops to alts and alike with such a system?
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

I also talked with Tort (he logged into IRC because he wanted to clear it up) and even if he had no intension to ninja it, I think he will think 1 extra time before he start some kind of drama next time

To listen to people and have the ability to change when some have good points is a great ability. Everyone should try that.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Like the quote from Pulp Fiction "f... pride"

I have to admit that it was cool to write that last post Tort, and I respect you for that....still dont like you tho.. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast