Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funcom: Please give us a GOOD reason why NODROP items drop from Tarasque.

The 2 prime considerations in the Nodrop debate are Ninja-looting and Farming.

NoDrop stops farming.
    Non-NoDrop stops ninja-looting.

The only other effective way (that i can think of) to stop or limit farming is to make the supply proportionally greater than the demand. This can be done strictly by increasing the supply, but can also be done by limiting the number of people who can (or eventualy can) use it. Adv items and Torture Tools are a good example of how restricting the class can increase the supply/demand ratio. Another good example is how the price on Kaehler sleeves has fallen with the best Assault rifle's being soldier-only.

The only other effective way to stop ninja-looting is to allow teams to kill anyone too close to the body regardless of level, or side. Or possibly another way would be to allow the looting team to designate who gets to loot the item.

Now from this we can conclude that funcom is very aware of the situation. The rarer an item is supposed to be the more imperitive it is to stop farming. This is because the supply will be dwarfed by the demand. The new super-tough mobs drop NODROP after NODROP item and this is probably by design. Since the super-tough mobs carry super-rare items, their demand is much greater than their supply and hence it is imperitive that they are nodrop to avoid farming problems. This is assuming the current ruleset.

On the flipside, i would like to see some other solutions made to avoid the two central problems. I would like to see teams able to designate the looter (/loot "charname"?) AFTER the kill is made. If that one change was made, then i would agree that all or most of the super-rare items should be NODROP. That one single change would make me 100x happier in thew game, and i would probably play alot more and take less subscription breaks along the way.

I like it when armors etc is nodrop when it comes off Tarasque. Then people can't just go there knowing they can enter raffles etc as it is now just because they need a item they can sell, when there is still others that wants a item and that does the same work.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123