Well, this latest patch has affected our Yalmahas in several good and several bad ways. Please feel free to add any I might have missed.

Good:

Since our flight skill isn't nerfed anymore while rezzing we can now get into our Yalms without waiting around after we reclaim our items.
If we die in a mission while we still have our Yalms equipped (greyed out) we reappear at the reclaim terminal already in flight. Very cool.

Bad:

If the yalm is equipped during rez, you can't disembark properly. There has been numerous times where I'd die in a mission or dynacamp out in PW, rez in Hope, grab my stuff, fly back and find I cannot get out of my yalm. The item disequips and is viewable in my inventory, but my form doesn't change until I zone (in some cases, this can take a few minutes as I have to find a door to go in or fly to another zone).

Workaround:

Do not get into your Yalm until you get the text confirmation that your rez shock is over. THEN get into your Yalm.

Are there any plans to fix this? I really like the flexibility of being able to fly while rezzing as it speeds things up considerably, but when you have to fly back from BFE just to get out of the thing is pretty inrritating. If there a middle ground?