Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.7 and Testlive

I disagree, I dont think a system like that would do much good.

You end up with WAAAY to many people that just want to be l337 d00ds, w/ level 200 chars on test with l337 gear.

The Ideal way to do it is with character copies. Test is for finding bugs, and checking balance, last i heard, not to play in kiddy playground land. No offense, but that is 100% totaly what happens. Character Copies limits people to playing characters that they know, which in my opinion is good.

I have a high level soldier, for me to try to test with, or for a high level trader/engie/etc, would be higly unrealistic, and unreliable.

An ideal tool would be one where a player goes to a web form, in the secure funcom site, enters thier username and password. Then they are added to a batch job, that can be set to run at off-peak time, and there can be a DB merge for that account.

This is something they dont have now, but could be implimented in the future, and I think that it would be the most ideal. They already showed us that they can batch rename orgs/players etc, when they did the org name changes, this could be applied here as well.

If my assumptions are correct, every account has a unique identifier, and this would be the transfer point. Just a thought from a amature programer :P)
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Thanks for stickin up for me Cal Btw, I didn't see anything about melee init fix, perhaps I just missed it.

Anyway, patch is tomorrow or friday, so I guess I'm gonna have to find the answer to my question then. Oh well ignored by Cz once again .
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12