Best in PvP

What is the best PvP class

/me dons flame retardent jacket
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Traders.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

hands down traders.

every class has one or two that can beat them.. traders own 100% of all classes.. tho i hear they occasionally lose to an enf.. boohoo..

thier debuffs are powerful in mass pvp and they are untouchable in 1 on 1 duels.

they beat docs... who no one can beat : )
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

wow that was fast you guys responded in less than 3 minutes
    Randa "Lesentia" Forejt

Whisper's Edge

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill..."
    -Cypher, The Matrix

Why do trader skill debuffs last 2-3 minutes? That seems like a very, very long time for this to last considering how short the average fight is and why is nano resist such a weak skill?
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Arrow

Waaaaaaaaaaaa
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Mercatura
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Waaaaaaaaaaaa
    she asked a question.. we awnsered.. heh. why are MA's whining now? they get owned in pvp.

you would think traders would be used to it : )

I mean... you do beat every class most of em with little effort, this is not a whine this is fact.

I just wish the trader community would admit that they are slightly hated because of thier total pvp domination. instead of calling the rest of the community baby's and whiners.

oh and traders. who was crying in 1000 threads when your "heals got nerfed"? ... hypocrits!
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Waaaaaaaaaaaa
    READ: my answer it trader too but I dont want the nerf stick to come out so I wont actually come out and say it
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Bonk
    Why do trader skill debuffs last 2-3 minutes? That seems like a very, very long time for this to last considering how short the average fight is and why is nano resist such a weak skill?
    Traders were never designed to be the PvP class..It was my understanding thet Traders were designed to steal skills from a mob, and tranfer them to the team. Hence, Funcom was on track in the begining and designed classes around PvM, NOT PvP. All the NERF's and stuff have come about do to the whining PvP community. Yes, I have a trader, and yes he has PvP'd..But, so has my MP, and fixer, and enf...some are good....some are decent...sume suck...I live with it. MA's are still great characters, as are all the others. You just can't expect every class to be John Rambo.

My 2 cents.

In duels soldiers suck against traders. In mass pvp, soldiers pretty much own. If I wanted pvp titles, I'd raise a soldier, not a trader. Traders "can't" pvp. Why? no one will fight them.

Half

Arrow

Gee, maybe because pvp nerfs manage to screw up pvm more than anything? Naw, couldn't be that.

If by pvp you mean "jump across gas line and attack unsuspecting crap buffed target first" yeah sure traders are the "best" at it.

Why don't trader buffs last more than 3 minutes? lol try chaining 3 or 4 of them all the friggin time. I could give a flying f*** about the debuff...but I want it to affect mobs like a blind. (more useful to aoe root first in mass combat anyways)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Can Cz please make a stick post titled:

"TRADERS BEST - DONT ASK"

Originally posted by Crepuscular

Traders were never designed to be the PvP class..
    This is complete BS. How much sense does it make to have an "Adventurer" pvping, how bout a "Metaphysicist" by the meaning of the word that would be a scientist/mathematician. You should NEVER say "That class wasnt meant for PvP" everyone should have a chance at being good at PvP... What a f-ing dumb comment.

I think there's an important distinction to make here.

Trader is not "best" because they can beat everyone so easily -- that's just not true.

Trader is "best" because noone wants to fight using level 80 nanos and a overequipped weapon. Trader is "best" because noone wants to fight at less than their potential, especially when their opponent gains a proportional amount of skills.

Notice I put "best" in quotes.

Noone likes to fight a trader. But if more people did, more of them would die. A lot of people are just afraid to try.

(Yes I do have a trader, if you're curious :P)
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Trader is the best class in PvP. Ive proved it over and over and over again. That doesnt mean they are unbeatable (close to it though).
    weeeeee

Traders are good in duels or 1-1 fights, in a team situation or in the forthcomming Notum Wars I wonder how things will change.

Two soldiers against two traders, traders will die if the soldiers are organised. 2 FA and 2 Burst = dead trader, then 2-1 and guess what the 2nd trader will die.

This is especially true now that people understand the value of nano resist and as such one of the dviest/plunders will not go through first time.

Pls wait with the Nerf stick until we see what happens in NW.

Originally posted by Arinia
    I think there's an important distinction to make here.

Trader is not "best" because they can beat everyone so easily -- that's just not true.

Trader is "best" because noone wants to fight using level 80 nanos and a overequipped weapon. Trader is "best" because noone wants to fight at less than their potential, especially when their opponent gains a proportional amount of skills.

Notice I put "best" in quotes.

Noone likes to fight a trader. But if more people did, more of them would die. A lot of people are just afraid to try.

(Yes I do have a trader, if you're curious :P)
    ok, you are saying everyone loses lots of skill to traders, and they gain a lot of what is lost, so everyone is using lower Q weapons (effectively with OE rules) and lower quality nanos, while the trader uses higher quality weapons and nano's... hmmm.. well that is WHY they can beat "everyone" (traders fear enforcers for rage and nanoresist, fixa's for nr buff on GA, and other debuff classes because they know how POWERFULL debuffs are)!!!!

there is a reason people fear traders, and there is a reason that most every trader that wants to pvp has rookie above their head (or better). If they dont either they CANT FIND A FIGHT because they are traders or they suxx0r.

and yes I have a trader, and yes he has rookie, and yes the only class I really fear is another trader at low (50's) level.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Want to kill a trader? Just find me somewhere and kill me. I die all the time. I can't remember the last time I killed somebody.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast