Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we have to be teamed to pull team missions?

Originally posted by Ityn
    They already built that into game without the button last patch. I want them to make it hard, mobs like us acting like us and on occasion, if you play like a retard or make a ton of mistakes, you may actually die! Imagine a game where you could die.
    Amen sister.
    I actually play the game in team missions solo, while reading my news and email.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Some interesting ideas I leveled up as a soldier so...I got my arse handed to me on many occasions in solo missions by orange enforcers or MAs (even when twinked to high heaven).

I'd like to see solo missions "catered" to the profession that pulls the mission. Let's face it, professions that CAN mez MOBs can take on MORE mobs but a soldier can't mez anything and an add = rez terminal 65% of the time even with 2 yellow enforcers (depending on level..i'm mostly looking at level 80-99 and 114-149 during the lovely title caps of primary skills).

Engineers could get more "repair" type missions.
    Crats more calm missions, missions to Charm a mini-boss so he can be "persuaded" to hand over some important documents?
    MAs some "dojo" type missions with special Ninja MOBs
    Soldiers with more "green MOB groupings" of fellow soldiers (and less of what we can't beat like MAs and Enforcers). Maybe some "plant the bomb" then go take out the captain missions? (2 stepers )
    Fixers with more B&E focused missions. Need to pick up several items and get bigger rewards for the more items they recover before hitting the escape tunnel at the end.
    Docs can get some "non combat" missions focused on keeping their side alive in the mission rooms? Maybe some "find the cure" missions with a trade skill option for improved rewards for making the cure?

etc..etc..etc... creativity is addictive I guess ;( Not like i'll get any of it but It was fun typing it.

Thumbs up

I want to vote with a BUMP for this thread.

Due to various personal issues I just cant go blitzing through missions at the speed that most teams want to move at. I need to take a break every few minutes, and that just doesn't work well with teams. I'd like to be able to get boss loot on solo missions, or the ability for a solo player to pull team missions.

It sounds like a lot of people are in this same situation, so I think it would be a very good thing for FC to implement.

Cz, if you're listening, and we know you are, what does FC think about this?

BUMP

It is stupid to ask someone around your level to team with you just to pull team missions that you want to solo ...

./me wonders why it is called team missions.....

*Lightbulb*

Oh thats right... It's for TEAMS!!!!

So if u can easily solo ql 205 missions, why dont u pull ql 250 missions or something else? There really isnt any different between solo, and team missions, except the boss loot... What needs to be done is put some loot in, that u can only get in solo missions... And as far as dying.. Well FC tried to introduces that again, but then the forum got full of whines, by people who actually got killed... Poor soldiers got hit for 1k or more through TMS...

Sorry it is impossible to make everyone happy....

Oh and if FC decides to take away the team flag on team missions, why not call it, "Super uber loot whore mission term" I have yet to try a team mission that was any harder than a solo mission, so I really dont buy that.... And didnt u see the people allready complaining about dying too much?
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Team missions are more interesting. The AI is a bit better, mobs are more cooperative.

The difference between 205 missions and 250 missions is that in 205 missions my nanos work in 250 they don't. 250 solo is just more dumb mobs with AMAZING HP that none of my nanos work on. That's dumb and that's boring. Team missions are a bit more interesting because more mobs come at you from different directions and you have to stay on your toes.

Of course you've been around a while so you know this, and I imagine you are just choosing to ignore your insight into these facts and my argument in order to be a pain.

Team missions for the soloers!

Better AI for all mobs! Give mobs some brain love!

If I recall...the MOB AI works "different" when you are in a team. So you can even get, MOB Pets and more adds by just doing a solo mission while being in a team (regardless if the team mate is in the mission with you).

Enjoy.

Well... I think basically it's so that the team mission terminals can keep their name. Otherwise it would "Easy Mission Terminal" and "Hard Mission Terminal"... which would be pretty frickin' lame.

I don't care about the loot.

I want intelligent mobs and have spelled this out in several threads.

The reason why I suggested make mobs outdoors and in team missions intelligent and keep the ones in solo missions dumb is so that players that don't like a challenge can do their easy solo missions and players that do can do missions where more variables come into play.

I don't care what the mission terminals are called. I don't care what kind of loot they have, all I want is smart mobs. Is that a big problem?

... all I want is smart mobs. Is that a big problem?
    For FC's devs, yeah.

Thing is they had better AI and launch, they dumbed it down.

Thing is they had better AI and launch, they dumbed it down.
    Ah... well, I wasn't around at launch so I really can't comment on that. But we all know about FC's layoffs and what not since then, so perhaps the devs have been "dumbed down"? I dunno.

Well I just dont like the "team mission for soloers" thing... Why not just demand some tweaking to single missions, I agree they are boring and too easy but so is solo missions... And yeah I was just ignoring the facts... Of cause I wont take a ql 250 mission, because they have too many HP + with my cacodemon with 600 attackrating It will never hit them at that Ql... But the problem with tweaking mission u already saw in this pat... I loved that they mobs used pets... But so many others whined so now they nerfed the pets in team missions, and even more if u solo... The only thing most of the people want is, XP in the fastest way possible, and if mobs get better AI they wont get XP nearly as fast, and they will come and whine here... Just look at all the whines from the out door content patch... Oh my god som high lvl 190+ got killed, that wasnt supposed to happen?

My point is, u cant ever make everyone happy, and since the majority of the people want to lvl as fast as possible, thats the way its gonna be, nomather how sad that is, so I dont think u will get more challenge in the game....
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Sure, a good chunk of the population is looking for an easy way to win. Just look at how popular game cheats are, and the sort of things they provide, and you can get a good sense of how these people want to play their games. Clearly though, not everyone want to play like that. Unfortunately in an single interactive world you can't have player preferences that indicates how easy getting xp can be. What you can do, however, is provide different servers that cater to different ways that people want to play the game.

People are already asking for a PvP server. What this tread shows is that Funcom also needs to provide a server where Mobs with intelligent AI can be challenging for players. Xp would be hard to get on this server, and to get it, you'd have to know your stuff. Risks would be higher, Mobs would be harder.

To you naysayers...

What exactly do _you_ lose by letting people have more options in the way they play the game?

Who cares if someone wants to run team missions solo instead of running solo missions solo?

I would really like to see a rational explanation as to why giving people the option to run team missions solo would hurt anyone (well, anyone except for people who are just farming team mission only items to sell).

Really.
    Please enlighten me.
    -Religion

One further point too, is that in single player missions, I've noticed a dramatic change in the number of chest and the value of what you get in them. Single player mission chests used to be plentiful, and you'd get nanos and armor regularly. Now you're lucky if you see 5 chest in a 50 mob mission, and most of the stuff is Meds, maps, and implants.

A team mission has hugely superior items in chests, and the chests are plentiful. I've given up doing single player missions because the reward is crap.

Well here's the problem with smarter npcs... only a crat or other mesmerizing class can handle them. That leaves like 9 classes to continuously have to run back to the mission door when monsters exercise any amount of brainpower that results in more than one fighting you or in that one attacking you in a smart way like draining your skills by 300 points or casting a -2000 init spell or using a pet that hits for 1000 damage a hit on you.

The classes are not created equal in this game as far as solo missioning is concerned. A soldier would be unable to solo things that a bureaucrat (possibly the most powerful solo class of all at high levels) would find boring and simple. How do you get around this simple fact of life?

I don't care what the mission terminals are called. I don't care what kind of loot they have, all I want is smart mobs. Is that a big problem?
    Umm... yes. "Smart" AI has been the bane of programmers for years. AI is the single most difficult thing to program, as there is no algorithm to the brain. What I am trying to say is: considering that it takes FC's programmers a year to prevent ghost attacks, asking for "just good AI" is a VERY tall order.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

There are some AIs that are much smarter than others, even if you are dealing with computer algorithms, but if Funcom went throwing in complicated AI it would take a long time for the server to calculate what the npc should be doing. That's fine when you are running one character in a single player game on your home computer, but when you have to use a server that's not a whole lot more powerful than your home computer to calculate the actions of hundreds or thousands of npcs simultaneously it would cause some serious lag.

Originally posted by Nianna
    There are some AIs that are much smarter than others, even if you are dealing with computer algorithms, but if Funcom went throwing in complicated AI it would take a long time for the server to calculate what the npc should be doing. ...
    That depends on what sort of AI you have. The old style AI was basically tree searching, or propagation of effect throughout a network. These were, and are, CPU intensive activities. More modern stuff, like genetic algorithms, or genetic programming, need not be. Especially if the bulk of the learning is done offline, and the online entities are restricted to minor variations on the established themes. More assuredly, these sorts of things would fail fairly miserably if someone threw some really bizarre behavior at them, but mostly people follow set patterns of attack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast