Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we have to be teamed to pull team missions?

Why do we have to be teamed to pull team missions?

Solo missions are way to easy and boring, but at the same time it's a hastle to always ask someone for a team so you can pull a challenging mission. Even if you do half the time they want to do the mission with you instead of just pulling their own team missions to do. As a 187 crat I pull 204-205 solo missions and I hardly have to stay awake to do them. The mobs are amazingly stupid, don't cooperate, don't use any of their nanos and don't have pets.

Can you please take the team check off the team mission terminal, it already Auto-nurfs loot based on how many are in the team when it's pulled.

I think this would be great, and make a lot of people that were unhappy about the pet nurf happy that they can pull solo missions again with pets.

If nothing else just put a few ARKS on duty in Tir/NLC/trade that will team with anyone for mission pulling, or let us buy a key or hack the terminals or something so we can pull missions from the team terminal.

BTW the mobs in team missions are almost as stupid as the ones in solo missions, please give them some strats to keep me awake.

Just to add a little more, more HP and more damage does not make a mob more interesting to fight, it makes it boring as the tedium just lasts longer. Making mobs immune to your strats does not make them more interesting, it just makes it annoying.

Making them INTELLINGENT, COOPERATIVE, and USING their TOOLS like we do, makes it interesting, giving them realistic stats and HPs makes it interesting, having MORE of them EVERYWHERE makes it interesting.

I agree with you, I rarely do solo missions, if I need xp to lvl, I either go solo hunting or I see if anyone in my guild wants to team up. But you know what? Considering what just happened when bots were introduced, to try and make the game a bit more challenging and interesting, about 300 people jumped on this board and spent the last week shouting and whining and saying they were gonna cancel because *gasp*, there was now a chance that a lvl140 mob would spawn a lvl100 Warbot or maybe once in a GREAT while, a slayer. It suddenly wasn't possible to solo missions way to high lvl for you simply because mobs were to easy in missions.

So now no bots in solo missions means the same old boring missions. Now I tend to play on the Test server quite often, and you'd be suprised how many new mission 'rooms' get introduced, although none have been so in the past several months. So theres a bit of veriety but not enough. If your a clanner who's never played OT or vice versa, you should role on, because our missions are very different.

Back on topic, mobs need to be more challenging, in solo missions at least. Course, if you want a challenge, go hunt some outdoor mobs, they are way more fun to kill then missions mobs who all just shoot, heal if they are under 1/2hp (rarely do there heals actually have an effect) and cast a root or a snare just before they die. At least MP and Trader mobs are somewhat of a challenge because they cast Unmake or Deprive and force you to use a bit of strategy instead of hit the fire button and your specials and go make some food or go to the bathroom. Btw, at MP's cast different unmakes depending on profession, which is cool if you ask me.

Once the VERY few classes who cannot handle soloing 60% missions get fixed, like NT's and Engis and to an extent, soldiers, I think funcom has every right to make solo missions harder. Not in the dmg output of mobs or there HP's, but in the effectiveness of there heals, or by casting there offensive nano's better, or other more inventive ways. Oh and I see to many docs mad because they cant solo missions at 50%, well I'm sorry, I love docs, one of my closest ingame friends is a doc, but if you made a doc cause you want to be able to solo well, you chose the wrong profession my friend lol.

Fix NT's, Fix Engi's and Fix soldiers

Then make solo missions harder, the whole bot thing with team missions is excellent, although I and many others think that the first 30% reduction was perfect, now they are too weak.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

I just had another thought. I think it would be excellent if you made mission mobs equal in terms of AC and Hitpoints to characters instead of what they are now. Now there AC is lower (I think) but there hitpoints are 3-4x. Some might say that making a lvl 100 Opifex MA mob have 2500hp instead of the 7-8k they currently have would mean we would mow them down. But let me finish.

Make there AC and HP similar to player character AC & HP, 3000 AC and 2500hp for an Opifex lvl100 mob. BUT, give them the same nanoskills and abilities as characters.

Right now, I see an Atrox Enforcer mob, lvl100, he has 12k HP, wearing Mixed Kevlar and Omni-Pol Elite (don't know bout clan mobs, I'm talkin an OT one) with AC probably only like 1.5k, he swings once per second maybe a bit slower, does good dmg to me (we are all a little weak to melee ah?). Like 120-140dmg to someone with 3kish ACs. He just swings, swings, swings, swings, swings.. till I die or he does.

With my recomended changes

lvl100 OT Atrox Enforcer, 4.5k HP, 3k AC, Wearing Omni-Pol Elite or what ever. (Weapons should stay the same, a mob with a similar weapon and QL 20 lvls above there lvl, would obliterate PC's, specially an atrox with a 120 I-Beam lol).

Combat begins, he casts Brave Challenger to Gargantula and gets some good extra dmg, doing 140-170dmg a hit. He swings, brawls (there specials shouldn't be nearly as good as ours, a 100 enforcer could brawl a lower-hp character to 1/2 hp in one shot lol). For 200, swings, swings. Now the fight is much more exciting and dangerious, but his HP are lower then before, so he's not quite as hard to kill, but the danger is still there, maybe he'll get a brawl crit. You use burst, crap only 700 burst, challenger wears out, he brawls again, your down to 1/3 HP, CRIT he's down! But his friend see's you and rushes in!

See, similar to the player characters, but much more fun then the normal, ok he's got 13k HP, takes me 30 seconds to kill him, ouch 120dmg, ouch 120dmg.. 120dmg.. 120dmg.. 127dmg.. he dies.

This would liven up combat, it would 'almost' make it pvp-ish. I'm not a big fan of AO's current "1on1, I have 15% crit and am UBER with my 200 plants at lvl80" system, but even I admit it can be fun.

erm ... doesnt realy makes sense or?
    im more for solo mob bosses but just for the missions where u have to Kill a traget.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Fion! I like the way you think, now put 5 in the main of solo missions and 8 in the main of team missions, nurf their exp a bit since they will die faster, make them cast useful nanos as you have suggested, and we are GTG for some fun

BTW most of what I do for fun now is hunt outdoors. A few new issues were introduced in this last patch that got no attention at all, the way snares work now, and the fact that mobs train to a player even if another mob has agg, they basically fight the other mob while running toward you.

Noticed, I went out to Milky Way the other day to finish off a lvl, a light orange Grewolf kicked my arse, I was root/snaring and kiting it too.. lol oh well.

We should push the idea Maybe funcom would actually give it a second glance, although I'm sure plenty of people would hate it, it would make missions so much more fun.

Great ideas

Personaly my main is an engineer 154 engineer to be exact. and I don't think this would make it any harder of easier for us though I can see it makeing it more fun.
    keep the good ideas coming

Ityn, as I understand it, single players won't see Mob pets even in team missions. The check is on the number of players attacking a Mob. It has nothing to do with whether the mission is solo or team.

What would be cool, rather than this all or nothing deal, would be to have a check-box on the mission selector: pets? yea or nea. If you select 'yea' then the loot and xp increases appropriately.

Sounds good to me! Pet check box, do it funcom!

Why don't you just put a "I don't want to spend time in the mission just give me the friggin xp now b1tch !" button ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Or perhaps a button for those who have a max of 1 hour to play. With all green mobs and Uber-loot?
    Last edited by prophet; Nov 15th, 2002 at 20:05:48.

Originally posted by Fion
    Once the VERY few classes who cannot handle soloing 60% missions get fixed, like NT's ...
    Hey! We can solo 60% missions!
    Agreed, NTs have some issues, but we are in no way gimps!

Epoz

mobs already use some of their nanos (TMS, challenger..) and special attacks (burst, fast attack..) but it seems to be completely random. enforcers cast challenger when they feel like it, soldiers cast TMS when theres no player around yet. no idea why...
    shouldnt be too hard to give them a LITTLE more AI, so they use their stuff when fighting

ps: nts and engies (as long as they can heavily OE the pets) are actually two of the best solo professions

Originally posted by (Gummizluv)
    Why don't you just put a "I don't want to spend time in the mission just give me the friggin xp now b1tch !" button ?
    They already built that into game without the button last patch. I want them to make it hard, mobs like us acting like us and on occasion, if you play like a retard or make a ton of mistakes, you may actually die! Imagine a game where you could die.

I also suggested nurfing their exp to compensate for the faster rate they would die, if they die 2x as fast give them half as much exp.

Unfortunately the AI is next to nonexistant in this game. Mobs have about two behaviour modes, on or off. When they are off they just stand there, walks around a little and casts random buffs at each other, when they are on they attack.
    I'm sure a lot of us would love to see some more actual intelligent behaviour in mobs but in order for that FC would have to rebuild the whole NPC system. I would love to see a mission where the main room was filled with NPC's from different classes, actually working together as a team.
    In order for that to work, FC will have to redesign the mission spawn system and design NPC templates for all levels and actually teach them tactics. As it is now NPC do not have skills like we do, they have the ability to perform certain actions and this is why certain debuffs do not work, like init debuffs, deprives and such.
    Giving mobs the massive amount of HP that they have was the only way FC could make missions last longer. True AI would of course be much more preferable but I do not expect that too happen any time soon, if ever.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Yes! I agree totaly with the inital request.

I enjoy having multiple levels and a boss at the end. Makes missions FAR more interesting. Though I agree just giving the end boss 5x the hp or whatever has to be the worst idea for increasing the challenge Ive seen. But something is better than nothing I guess

I absolutley dont do single player missions any more, however long it takes I will find someone to team with me long enough so that I can grab 1 or 2 team missions. And its not because its "easier" (they're not) but because its FUN. - well, at least its starting to be

Single missions having a boss and multiple levels gets my vote!

Myros

Hehe sorry man, I guess it's just the whinny NT's on the forums that complain they cant do 50%ers

You sure got my vote on this too. Making missions more varied and interesting with intelligent Mobs and active security systems has a higher interest value for me than the PvP Notum War stuff. This is just not for soloing, as there are all kinds of things you could do to team missions to make them challenging and engaging. There's a whole game genre of interactive team missons, and Funcom could easily take a leaf out of their book.

Originally posted by Fion
    Hehe sorry man, I guess it's just the whinny NT's on the forums that complain they cant do 50%ers

Those NT's need to put a bit more effort into their chars and they would be able to pull alot harder missions. But then again I might be speaking to soon my NT being a lowbie atm. I'll get back to it when I'm higher up...
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast