Thread: Autosplit, clothing and guilds

Talking Autosplit, clothing and guilds

Ok, here goes witha few ideas:

1. Autosplit in a group. Every other game has it, Ao does not. Nuff said on that.

2. Clothing Tab - Only a mere handful of folks actually use clothing, as it is just for show and worthless otherwise. Since removing armor and putting on clothes is such a pain, no one bothers to do it, but it would be nice if one could be an individual. Suggestion is to change the clothes tab to "ARMOR" and add in a new "CLOTHES" tab. the ARMOR tab works like normal, but the new CLOTHES tab has some special rules applied to it. You can wear anything you like in the clothes tab, armor, clothes, etc. However anything in the clothes tab is merely shown, and any stat modifiers are ignored. If a slot in the clothes tab is empty, then whatever is in the armor slot is shown. EXAMPLE: YOu have a CAS chestpiece in your armor slot, and a Miir Suit SHirt in your clothes slot. Players would see the Miir Shirt and not the armor, but the armor still gives you the benefits of wearing it.

3. The current system that prevents twinking and PLing is destroying guilds, splitting them up into seperate groups that can actually group together. Rather than giving a single XP point, or nothing at all to lower levels, have a level cap of max XP that can be gained. Surely you have an idea of how fast players should level, so divide that amount by the time and get an average per kill for a yellow. This amount is considered the 'cap' Now a lower level player in a higher level group would get the max cap if the creature being fought is much higher than he. However the rules should be that he has to engage in the battle somehow, healing, fighting, casting, whatever, some aggressive move must be made and the risk must be taken to get the cap per group kill.

This is the biggest thing you could do, as right now our guild is in 4 seperate groups due to levels, and its not really fair to ask the higher levels to simply stop playing for two weeks to others can catch up.
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 15th, 2002 at 12:25:35.

1. /team loot alpha
    2. Now that OEing is not so bad, it's not that hard to change into clothes. Part of the reason there are not two tabs is so that your armor will always show, thus in PvP you know what type of armor they are wearing and you can learn the armor's strengths and weaknesses.
    3. The current system is great, just cause you can't team together doesn't "destroy" a guild. A guild is much more than a group. The system makes people do at least a little work to get levelled up. If you team a lvl5 with a lvl40, the level 5 is never going to pull aggro, he could just sit back and level. There are still lame ways to get around this, but all in all it works. Once your guild gets larger, the idea of everyone being the same level is ridiculous. If you really need to team with these people, start an alt.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Originally posted by Dropcid
    1. /team loot alpha

Dude, I know about this, its NOT autosplit. Other games also have this feature, AO lacks autosplit. Period.

2. Now that OEing is not so bad, it's not that hard to change into clothes. Part of the reason there are not two tabs is so that your armor will always show, thus in PvP you know what type of armor they are wearing and you can learn the armor's strengths and weaknesses.

Well, thats a load of BS if I ever heard it. I can right click on you and get your level and such, which is all I need to know about where your character is in strength. So your wearing blue armor chest, that tells me its about 1 of 5 different kinds, which dont help much. So maybe your the one of the FEW that change clothes, just notice the other 99% in cities, all fully armored.

3. The current system is great, just cause you can't team together doesn't "destroy" a guild......

BS once again. We play together in other games, just not here. Mind you that the only game so far to actually support guilds and not seperate by level is E&B, which has the XP cap per level system, that DOES work. As far as your ALT's idea, I already have an entire account full of them, just so I can hang with others in my guild, I do get tired of playing chars I have no interest in tho. So what, we can all get together and /dance the night away, drink and socialze, whoopie. I refuse to pay $12.95 a month for AO to be used as an IRC chatroom.

-D

The current system is fine in regards to all 3 of these things.

1) autosplit is, pardon my language, an utter CRAP "feature" of other games. I've seen it in DAoC where I was wanting a certain loot off a mob that only I could use in my group. The mage gets it. Fine, now I may or may not get it bc autsplit gave me a friggin' rollerrat tail instead. Utter and pure crap. With the amount of proff specific nodrop loot in this game, autosplit would cause FC to LOSE customers, and retain you.

2) Clothes and Armour tab: sounds like a good idea, but you're wrong on tabbing someone to see how strong they are. Especially at lower level. mr lvl 20 is what he can scrape on, and mr lvl 20 twink is in carbonum with social wear on the top. Sound like it's gonna be fair? Face it, it's the price we pay for social wear. I can self buff my MKII on bc I like social wear, and use it. If you want to take advantage of it, you do...I agree more people SHOULD use social wear, but it's their choice, not mine to play how they will. Those that wear armour all day long will miss out on the social aspect of the game. Period.

3) LOL, this won't change anytime soon. They just classified your request as an exploit. You either, suck it up and wait for them, or get new friends, or start a baby guild for those that are lower. Thing is, if you're powerlevelling and they aren't....how do you all have time to be friends and want to play together?
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Originally posted by Fistofpaper
    The current system is fine in regards to all 3 of these things.

1) autosplit is, pardon my language, an utter CRAP "feature" of other games. I've seen it in DAoC where I was wanting a certain loot off a mob that only I could use in my group. The mage gets it. Fine, now I may or may not get it bc autsplit gave me a friggin' rollerrat tail instead. Utter and pure crap. With the amount of proff specific nodrop loot in this game, autosplit would cause FC to LOSE customers, and retain you.

Team loot alpha doesn't address your problem, either, though, does it? Now, if that mage gets it because it's their turn, you still don't have that nodrop item and the mage still does.

the mage doesnt have to pick it up, and could leave it till anyone can loot the body. But thats the problem with mages, they ALWAYS grab everything they can straight away. Thats why I never team with them hehe

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Landover
    Well, thats a load of BS if I ever heard it. I can right click on you and get your level and such, which is all I need to know about where your character is in strength. So your wearing blue armor chest, that tells me its about 1 of 5 different kinds, which dont help much. So maybe your the one of the FEW that change clothes, just notice the other 99% in cities, all fully armored.

3. The current system is great, just cause you can't team together doesn't "destroy" a guild......

BS once again. We play together in other games, just not here. Mind you that the only game so far to actually support guilds and not seperate by level is E&B, which has the XP cap per level system, that DOES work. As far as your ALT's idea, I already have an entire account full of them, just so I can hang with others in my guild, I do get tired of playing chars I have no interest in tho. So what, we can all get together and /dance the night away, drink and socialze, whoopie. I refuse to pay $12.95 a month for AO to be used as an IRC chatroom.

-D
    1. I didn't really realize what autosplit was, and now that I know what is is... that sucks! I don't want it. I trust my team members with /team loot alpha- they will leave the nodrops on the bodies if it's something I need. If you are grouping with guildmates you can't trust... maybe it's time for a new guild....

2. This doesn't really matter a whole lot, but it's good info to know when PvPing, especially for Nanotechs.
    2.a. You are wearing Flowers tech armor... I then know you are extremely weak to poison. Your armor is easy to tell, as it is the only one I know of that is red with a green belly.
    2.b. You are wearing Cyber armor... I know this because you are mostly yellow and green with some brown (it's easy to tell)- I know you are weak to radiation and chemical damage
    2.c. You are wearing Obtru armor.. I know you are weak to radiation damage.
    Do I need to go on?
    2.5 - I wear clothing a lot, especially now that I don't/can't over equip like a madman. Hell, I don't even own a helmet, just a pair of Keelars...

3. How big is your guild? Have you considered joining a bigger one? I can always get a full team from my guild, but I certainly can't team with everyone in the guild without switching to alts.
    3.5 This becomes a lots less of an issue when you get higher up in levels- a lvl 135 can team with a wide range of people, from 100ish to 180ish.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Talking Ok, to clarify...

Autosplit means that only the CASH gained in looting is split, loot itself is not split. With new loot messages in game, everyone knows what was gained. Thats what I am talking about.

Ok, so maybe in a PVP zone, or anytime your in an arena the armor is seen, that would be easy for them to do, just show a different layer. That would solv the problem and still allow us to be individuals.

And we are a smaller guild, dont want to join a big one and still have 3 seperate groups within us due to level restrictions.

the daoc method of autolooting was terrific! It more or less randomly placed what was looted in a group members inventory. My only objection would be that it should have incremented through each group member because sometime one person wouldn't get the loot. As far as the mage getting the loot you need...ask for it! In a group I always believe that the way loot should be distrubed is 1) if person gets it and needs it, he keeps; 2) if looter doesn't need and someone else does, 1st person to speak up gets it(or negotiations can take place); 3) if no one in group needs, looter gets it. If someone doesn't give up a piece he doesn't need to someone who does remember him and don't group with him again.