Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roots - Overpowered, Over used...

Re: Soooooo Exploitable!

Originally posted by SBExp

Before I go into combat, I get a teammate/self/anyone to chain root me - thereby increasing my NR significantly for 5 mins. I run the remover and go into combat enjoying my +300+NR for the first 5 minutes!

The time reduction thing is a good idea though - that would work. Should maybe also apply to other debuffs but with different time scalings, i.e. 1000NR = -20 sec of Ransack/deprives/unmakes. 1000NR = -1 sec off blinds
    The ability to root yourself and teammates should be disabled. Does this 'Feature' makes sense yet, guess no...?
    ...but Im not sure if I could root teammates, since you cant attack teammates.
    25% zones - most likely the main suppression in NWs PvP zones prevents you from rooting non-teamed people of your own faction.
    Only the arenas are exploitable areas, where you can get friendly roots to 'buff' your NR. Any suggestions to solve this?
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

I prefer the idea of hard capping the AR of the root to say 6 times its QL, so a QL 10 root has a maximum AR of say 60. This is better than say having a hard agility test because that sort of thing (like the hard psychic test of crat charms) is too absolute. Putting the hard cap on the AR of the nano means that its still possible it will work, just unlikely.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Crats do need some PVP love from funcom, roots being fixed is a bit of a hand, but as you mention it benefits classes too that don't need as much of a hand.

Making them break on any damage the first time wouldn't be a bad idea. The point of roots is to keep melee classes at a disadvantage to ranged classes, if they didn't keep melee classes out of range they they really wouldn't have any use in the game.

absolutely ityn, but if they keep melee users out of range for the whole fight then what is the point of fighting for the melee user?

Roots/snares should be adjusted to the point that they are still viable tools for the classes that have them, but are not all powerful.

The caster should have to use the appropriate root nano for the level range they're at, a QL 1 root should be useless at lvl 50, at least. Denpending on the caster's nano line.

just my .02 creds
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Originally posted by Bartleby
    absolutely ityn, but if they keep melee users out of range for the whole fight then what is the point of fighting for the melee user?
    As a crat what is the point of me fighting a healer? There is no way I can do enough damage to every kill a doc but that's just the way things are. We all have our ups and downs. Roots should break on first damage/debuff done.. but not damage from reflect or damage shields.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

i agree wholeheartedly rebbeca, and they really should do something for crats as well

Originally posted by Megabio
    Don't worry Garzini. Pinch yourself. It's just a dream.
    ~Chris
    I could say the same to you chris... you are in my sig now, every time someone makes me laugh I add it to my sig esp if it is bout me
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

ok hmmm

nt's have weak hp
    slow dmg in pvp
    weak evades
    no attack skill for weapons
    no heals
    no specials
    most people can achive 40 meters or more with weapons

i know lets take away thier root too DUH

and the ability to break roots by self casting a hostile nano is an exploit all hostile nanos should have a reqirment that say NOT SELF ONLY.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Humm your comment doesnt stand

Quote - and the ability to break roots by self casting a hostile nano is an exploit all hostile nanos should have a reqirment that say NOT SELF ONLY.

IT was not an exploit, it never was it was just a bugged form of breaking roots.

IT gave balnce for melle versus rnaged users, they didnt break stright away and it was up to u to decide how quickly to and effectively break the root.

As it stands roots are too powerfull, FC made them unbreakable and didnt introduce any root breaking items/nanos/brekaing methods.

YEs they break with dmage but that is pointless when you can chain cast the over and over lees than 1 seocnd per cast.

No roots shudnt be removed but YES they shud be 'nerfed' so that you cant chain them as fast/effectively/without losing nano (or amoutns your nano delta can cover)

Roots are too powerfull for the fact they can be applied to targets to quickly FULLSTOP.

Im an MA, this crit nerf has hit me hard, the root status has hit me hard, the lack of ranged non crit relaint weapons has hit me hard - Who can i fite in pvp? Other mas and gimps, and those level 75's.

NOT GOOD

bump for root 'fix'

Originally posted by Internalfire
    Humm your comment doesnt stand

IT was not an exploit, it never was it was just a bugged form of breaking roots.

bump for root 'fix'
    http://ark.anarchy-online.com/php/policies.php

You will not exploit any bug in Anarchy Online and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game for a character of their profession and level), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Anarchy Online.

using a bug to break a root is an exploit as it was not originaly intended to use a incomp nano on ones self to break root its about time they fixed it if the have this is only thier 4th time trying to do so.

and you talk about unbalance?

how is it ballanced that a ma can heal, can crit more then ne one else has higher evades then a nt higher hp and you think you should beable to break roots too>?

you want us to not beable to use DD nanos on you too since you cant cast them?

o i know lets up your NR to 1300..... o wait they gave that to enfs
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Root is not the only one

If your an Nt , suckes if your nano init drops to -200, from one spell, your dead. Same thing i think.

Rulex Nt lvl 166 No nullify

And i can heal with -200 nano int? No 8second rechrges - GREAT!
    50% crits - i shud crit 1 in 10 i dont i crit 2 in 50 - 2%, we have no consistent dmage options and DoTs can outdmage us and Hots heal ne dmage we do

YOu can use ranged weapons effectively

you can buff by 160 to your nano skills = decent OE, we cant buff bow

Dimache gets parried ridiculas recharge

We cant break roots

Dont give me **** about how your Prof isnt ne good.

Do you even knwo the love your about to get ? No? Wait then come back and say the same.

YOu go play an MA and try to win in PvP, wait HAVE YOU EVER PVPED?

Root the way it is makes melee classes useless in PvP with any rooting class, at lvl 200 with maxed nano resist I am rooted and killed in a matter of minutes,I dont get to hit back nor even get close to my opponent.

As i see it 3 classes are totally useless with the current root capabilities.And 2 of these classes are the ones I play. Unless there is a change,it dosnt sound like PvP will be very much fun for me.And I wont play for the PvE.
    Godz of War,I call Thee
    Korren "Synnr" Ji'synnr

Originally posted by Synnr
    Root the way it is makes melee classes useless in PvP with any rooting class, at lvl 200 with maxed nano resist I am rooted and killed in a matter of minutes,I dont get to hit back nor even get close to my opponent.

As i see it 3 classes are totally useless with the current root capabilities.And 2 of these classes are the ones I play. Unless there is a change,it dosnt sound like PvP will be very much fun for me.And I wont play for the PvE.
    Name me these *3* classes pls. I know only one class with problem due to roots: MA. For all other classes its just balancing purposes. Someone sayed something about "rooters at top of food chain". Well, i know only 1 rooter class at top - Trader. And its on top NOT due to roots. What other rooter class do good in PvP? NT? They are good, but not top. Agent? good 6 sec attack, but otherwiese dead meat. Crat ? Ha-ha. Fixer ? Fixers are good, but again, NOT due to roots. So i cant see roots so powerfull. They are meant to give a chance to fight to more fragile class.

for one the lvl 200 was my enforcer with max nano resist and the latest case of being rooted and unable to even get one hit back in was against a fixer....

I dont mind losing ,nothing is more fun then a challenging fight win or lose...you say its for balance,well from my personal experiance the balance has been tilted a little to far in favor of root.

The other 2 classes are MA which I also play and although I have no experiance playing them the engineer who has to have the robots do his fighting is the 3rd class.(like i said I know little about the engie,the assumption they have trouble with root is just by seeing them get slaughtered like I did.)

Personally I dont want my choosen classes to be the uberest I just want it to be fun and standing in one spot unable to fight while my character dies is not fun.
    Godz of War,I call Thee
    Korren "Synnr" Ji'synnr

Originally posted by Synnr
    And this of course totally explain why Adventurers and Bureacrats own Enforcers and MAs in PvP land.

Thanks for the effort.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Sinnr, enforcers with maxxed NR and rage dont have that much problems with roots. Just go full def, rage and blow. You will still hit very fast, and resist 4/5 roots. Anything higher than 100% nr will be impossible to land at all. But again, i agree what low-lvl roots should have much more chances to break on dmg dealt than high lvl roots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast