Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roots - Overpowered, Over used...

i think speardancer had a really good point, i know that lots of 150+ plus rooters use ql 1-10 roots when ganking lower players, now yes their nano resist should be higher but such a low ql root should be resisted easly at lvl 75-150. the ammount of nano resist you need to resist roots is unblanced.. dont take away roots make them more blanaced. If your wondering what the main danger from using such a low root at a high lvl is.. well you can cast it a ***** load considering how much nano it costs to cast

Originally posted by Chromatorg
    Sinnr, enforcers with maxxed NR and rage dont have that much problems with roots. Just go full def, rage and blow. You will still hit very fast, and resist 4/5 roots. Anything higher than 100% nr will be impossible to land at all.
    Plunder Skills (Advanced) 190% NR, with 1400+ NR at full defence, is takes no more than 5 tries to have it landed on me, I can't even think about moving the aggro bar up, or it will land right away. Low QL roots miss a lot though, a lot more than 4/5, but higher QL roots land easily. So no way skills above 100% NR never land.

Originally posted by Phione

Plunder Skills (Advanced) 190% NR, with 1400+ NR at full defence, is takes no more than 5 tries to have it landed on me, I can't even think about moving the aggro bar up, or it will land right away. Low QL roots miss a lot though, a lot more than 4/5, but higher QL roots land easily. So no way skills above 100% NR never land.
    Its how it should to be. Low lvl roots dont land at high lvl player. High lvl roots should land pretty easy. Do you know how much they cost? About 500 NP for high lvl. Its not that few - title 5 non-NT player useally have about 4-5 k nanopool, dependet of implants setup.So they will be able to root you only 10 times, probably even less as you will resist some of tryes. You should undstand one basic thing - if you lower roots effectivity, then you must increase dmg / HP effectivity of root users class. You dont want NT have some health as you, right?

Besides, as i said, enforcers can even win traders at least 50 / 50 % basis. No many classes have such luxory.

Re: Re: Roots - Overpowered, Over used...

Originally posted by Abalz

so get to level 200 and heal yourself duh.. MAs can heal and FoL themselves - most root users can't. You don't see us whining (much) about us wanting heals. Not every class can have everything, but MA has everything they need.

Of course we do, we are the most UBER pvp-prof.

Why do we whine when we have all we need?

Btw, what lvl is your MA? You do have 1 dont you, since you know that MAs got all they need?
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Besides, as i said, enforcers can even win traders at least 50 / 50 % basis. No many classes have such luxory.
    Lol, please refrain from giving so much wrong info. First you say nano's above 100% NR never land now you say enforcers have a 50% chance of winning against a trader. They own us just as they own any other profession, not even a +900 NR buff saves us from that, that pretty much proves how worthless NR is :P I get plundered and divested all the time, divest lands really easy on 1400+ NR at full defence, so please don't say enfs have a 50% chance of winning against a trader.

The problem isnt roots, plunders or init debuffs but the fact that nano resist doesnt work.

I agree with Phione, with 1500+ nano res a doc succesfully casted 30 hostile progs on me in a row while I was in full defense.
    He did them all: dots, init debuff, nano skills incompetences and drain intelligence. Incompetences and abilities drains are QL10 or below and land as easy as a QL180+ nano.

Try hitting a mob with 1500+ in all evades when you have 1k attack rating and see how often you miss or to compare try to hit a GA fixer at full defense, good luck. It should be the same for nano resist or even better since no player has 1k in nano skills except traders.

Right now, ALL hostile nanos WITHOUT exception work like specials vs evades: they always connect.

FUNCOM: FIX NANO RESIST ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Black Metal; Nov 20th, 2002 at 17:28:32.

Errm, read the full patch notes

To make it so that low level roots, snares and mesmerise programs cannot be used effectively on high level players or monsters, the level of the target is now used in the defensive rolls of these nanos. You will now have to use a higher-level version to be able to land the nano effectively on a high level player/monster. To slightly counteract this addition, the amount of Nano Resist used in the defensive calculations was reduced by 10%.
    no more using a QL1 root on a level 200 player/mob :P
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

No, i'll say it one more time: enforcers is a last class when it comes to whine right. With new weapon, rage & FoB they literaly smash anything in seconds. Even traders. Even deprived enforcer still have best AR in the game, and best Ini's in the game. And best dmg in the game. And best HP in the game. So i dont see much problems here. Recharge on plunders / deprives about 6 sec. Good enforcer with EQB can kill good trader in 15 - 20 sec - average time.

Or you want just 100% sure win against anyone?

Originally posted by Phione

Lol, please refrain from giving so much wrong info. First you say nano's above 100% NR never land now you say enforcers have a 50% chance of winning against a trader. They own us just as they own any other profession, not even a +900 NR buff saves us from that, that pretty much proves how worthless NR is :P I get plundered and divested all the time, divest lands really easy on 1400+ NR at full defence, so please don't say enfs have a 50% chance of winning against a trader.
    with 759 NR i resist divest's sometimes.
    i resist roots rarely
    i almost never get plundered.
    doc's init debuffs land every time.
    doc's dots land every time.

this is at full defense. when implanted NR head and lost kali and uvc, plust doc's NR buff i hadaround 950 NR. same was true as above. that 200 NR didn't change much of anything except i think i resisted init debuff from a lvl 160 doc in my guild.

No, i'll say it one more time: enforcers is a last class when it comes to whine right. With new weapon, rage & FoB they literaly smash anything in seconds. Even traders. Even deprived enforcer still have best AR in the game, and best Ini's in the game. And best dmg in the game. And best HP in the game. So i dont see much problems here. Recharge on plunders / deprives about 6 sec. Good enforcer with EQB can kill good trader in 15 - 20 sec - average time.

Or you want just 100% sure win against anyone?
    Please go start an enforcer, level him to at least 170, and then come give your opinion again. You're totally off. This discussion is about NR, and it doesn't work as you say, not even on the oh so uber enf. You can name all the advantages enfs have over traders a million times, doesn't mean they don't own us. So what we have good attack rating, if you stand there rooted, and can't break it, nor resist it in the first place, you're attack rating doesn't matter much, since you won't be hitting at all.
    Last edited by Phione; Nov 20th, 2002 at 23:42:48.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123