Thread: FC fix roots now

FC fix roots now

WTF were u thinkin? The root system wasnt broken so u decided to "fix" it?!

As it stands, 1 hit does NOT break a root. I just spent an entire battle with a trader rooted to 1 spot while he drained and bursted the crap outta me for literally 5 minutes. During that time i did not move an inch. I didnt break root and have a new 1 cast on me - the original root just never broke. Im quitting PvP until u fix this. Im sure a lot of Enfs/MAs/Advens are. U will lose a lot of L200 customers with nothing else to do but PvP. Especially with the NW being so PvP oriented. This is a big mistake, please fix it sooner rather than later.
    Bump if u care

Wasn't broken before? Are you high? They could be broken upon demand by casting ANY stupid general debuff. TOTALLY broken.

It is not fixed perfectly now either though, but its better. Roots are NOT SUPPOSED to break after 1 hit. They have a chance of breaking after each offensive attack so it could be 1, or 10.

I look at rooting like this. If a melee user attacks me without my knowing.. you can bet your boots I'm gonna root his ass. If he gets pissed, it's his own fault for jumping me.

On the other hand, I never use the root/shoot from a distance technique if I'm in a fair duel.

Don't like being rooted? gtfo of 25/0% or don't ask a rooting profession to duel. Simple as that.
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

The best way root should work is like this: They last 3sec and they break the instant you receive dmg. Make them 140% NR so you can hope to block some when they are spammed. Snare should stick to the end but make them 1min and 10 sec for area snare. Oh and fix PvP please. That will be my wish list Xmas. K thx bye

Please don't give FC ideas like that before you consider how it will affect PvM.

Roots like they worked before 14.6 where fine. They could get you killed, but at least us meleers had a chance.
    You have to be pretty biased not to see theres a problem with roots in PvP with the current system.

enforcers still have a chance *looks at rage line*

3 seconds it soooo short, but 5 min? roflol that is an eternity.

as far as stuck for 5 min, if he cast his lowest root on you after every burst/hit/deprive you would be rooted, period... and the nanocost is next to nothing to him
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

heh.

i quit pvp with my ma after i got rooted in 2ho and got hit..oh..about 12 times w/out the root breaking or me being able to break it.

I NEVER GOT ONE HIT IN.

what the f#%@#%@#%k is fair with that?

w0w

great suggestion nediar - u should be an ARK. Thats what ill do - ill ask people not to root me. then maybe next patch FC will give engies 10k nukes and we can all just ask them not to use em on us
    Seriously, roots were a good way to kill us melee users b4 this patch - sure u could break em easy but even the 1-3 seconds it took to break was a long time, especially when there were three more comin b4 u actually got within range of yer target. With the current root system all melee users can do is what nediar said - stay away from PvP zones :/
    that dont sound like a fix to me - "hey Funcom, i cant participate in 1/2 of yer game unless u want to make shiny new graphics for the reclaim booth so i can have something to take my mind off of this rediculous patch"

Re: FC fix roots now

Originally posted by Bartleby
    WTF were u thinkin? The root system wasnt broken so u decided to "fix" it?!

As it stands, 1 hit does NOT break a root. I just spent an entire battle with a trader rooted to 1 spot while he drained and bursted the crap outta me for literally 5 minutes. During that time i did not move an inch. I didnt break root and have a new 1 cast on me - the original root just never broke. Im quitting PvP until u fix this. Im sure a lot of Enfs/MAs/Advens are. U will lose a lot of L200 customers with nothing else to do but PvP. Especially with the NW being so PvP oriented. This is a big mistake, please fix it sooner rather than later.
    Bump if u care
    Sounds like they are working correctly now. Just because you think they are supposed to break on the "first Hit", doesn't mean that FC ever intended that. LOL...sounds like you need to raise your nano resist or change you tactics.

They break just that the rooter is spamming them like crazy, there wont be any of this in NW since you will have to use the best roots and they cost alot and they break on the first damage you get, yea thats right even reflect.

lets just make it so any melee class is stunned when attacked in pvp, and remains stunned untill death, or if the attacker zones the stun will run out in 20 mins
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Re: Re: FC fix roots now

Originally posted by Crepuscular
    LOL...sounds like you need to raise your nano resist or change you tactics.
    OK, I hate it when people say this.....

anyway....maybe *you* can please tell me how to raise my nano resist anymore.
    For testings sake, I tried triple implanting it, 2 x notum focus, q200 morphing memory, 2x neleb thingies and doc NR buff.

at full def of course

I resisted about 1 in 10 roots from a trader 20 lvl's below me

It's not a question of changing tactics, it a question of changing profession. On live today, melee professions are useless in PvP (with the exception of enforcers who can break roots)

im an adv an stopped pvping after 14.6 because of roots, many say "well raise your nanoresist".

The problem is with maxed nanoresist and full def i cant resist anything.
    Its darkblue and i can only use the faded cluster.
    I could put in a shining nanoresist cluster but then i would have to use ql 100heals!
    Sergio "Karill" Marinos

Yeah for real! They fixed the exploit allowing you to cast a debuff on like throwing knives.... Poor you using an exploit and now it is fixed....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Just my opinion:
    Low lvl roots are probably overdone, but high lvl roots shouldnt break at first shot either.... We need to make low-lvl root weaker at higher lvl gameplay, but high-lvl roots should still maintain they present effeciency.

Yeah, roots right now are over powered. I bet any level 75 rooter could kill a level 200 MA 10/10.

Originally posted by Wal
    lets just make it so any melee class is stunned when attacked in pvp, and remains stunned untill death, or if the attacker zones the stun will run out in 20 mins
    Or how bout this. Classes like agents, crats and NTs have to stand toe to toe with someone like a Enforcer or soldier. Sound fair huh? Enforcer vs. NT would be SOOO much fun if I couldn't root and back off a bit to get range.

Bah, whatever. Roots aren't certain, never have been never will. I have NEVER beaten a class with root and shoot 100%. I have never seen agents own classes with that technique unless they are total newbs they are fighting.

Roots are made to allow us to get range, while rage/crash and dmg breaking them is made to allow meleers to close range.

So right now none of you is using Cookies Baking Incompetence to break roots ? Interesting thread...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

ok, so lemme get this straight:
    u rooters say that because u cant go toe to toe with an enforcer u should be compensated by being able to root him or any melee user in place while u kill him from afar and he doesnt even hit u 1ce?!
    really people, how old are u? Im not saying that roots shouldnt be effective, im just saying they should be LESS effective than an instant win.