Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MA's apparently have no future...

Yes, and these **** comments all come from people who have ever played an MA to high levels, you just observe what we can do and make assumptions, and of course there is the common knowledge that all MA's are completely uber gods of Rubi-Ka, HAHAHAH!!!

Take away our crits and you take away our damage, argue against that you ****s.

A note on the MA heals... they are the third best heal others, competing with trader heals.

Both the enforcer Mongo Crush and Soldier OMHH perform better as selfheals. A MP heal pet is a little worse, as are Fixer/Doc long/short HoT's.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by Xianan
    Take away our crits and you take away our damage, argue against that you ****s.
    I will argue.

Everyone gets their crits universally nerfed so the weakening of everyone's crits and not heals makes all the proffession that can heal just that much better.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Precisely. If everyone's crit was nerfed, your crit chance is still better than others. I don't see how a nerf that affects every profession equally has nerfed the ma especially. Maybe I'm wrong, haven't played the ma a lot, but I think you guys are pretty fine.

Did you see any engis, nts, advs, mps, agents, or crats in this video? If yes, Than I apologise. I wasn't looking at every single detail of it frame by frame . It was just giving an example of a pvp battle that players might expect to see in NW.

You guys can talk about the ma's problems. Sure knock yourself out. It'll be a sad day though, when all of the professions that REALLY need some work get ignored again for more ma stuff. Please guys, help out the profs that are having signifigant playing issues with team and even solo missions. Not PVP technicalities.

Please don't flame me. This is just my take on the situation at hand. Correct or argue with me if you want, just please keep it civil.

Thanks!
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Ok, yes I realize that everyones crits were nerfed, BUT...BUT BUT BUT...No one depends on crits like MA's do.

If we have no crits, then we have no damage at all.

Other professions can use high regular damage weapons to make up for the loss of criting in PvP, but what option does an MA have? None.

Point made.

Apparently, you have no knowledge of the full spectrum of things in this situation, so please take your comments elsewhere where they will be of a bit higher uselessness.

Allright whatever .

Just adding some perspective from people other than the mas.
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

AWWWWWWWWWW poor MA's I feel 4 u NOT hehe cry some more mayb they'll give u the nano "I'm god u cant hurt me" which would make u invincible lmao get real

Stilettolegs, your post is idiotic in nature and makes no god damn sense, please play an MA for a good while, get him up to higher levels, and you'll see that what you just said is the biggest load of **** any MA could ever hear.

We are NOT gods.
    We are NOT uber.

Those apply to PvP of course only, and this whole topic is ONLY about PvP. You probably misunderstood, sorry for confusing your feeble, small mind.

Thanks, try again.

AMEN brother Xianan, A-forkin-MEN ! ! ! ! !

Every Class

If you read every post on this forum, Aparently Every Breed/Proffesion combination sucks. Every one thinks that their particular Breed/proffession sucks.

Noone seems to realize that that is the point! Funcom doesnt want 1 class to be the lord of PvP. Funcom wants us to be team players. So quit whining every class has its weaknesses. Thats why you join a team.

everyone wants their class to:
    Have the Most Hit points.
    Have the highest nano pool.
    Have the best heals.
    have the highest crit chance.
    Do the most damage.
    Be unrootable.
    In short be unkillable by anyone.
    So go play another game, or maybe 1 of the shadowlands new breeds will be called ==God==. then everyone will play the same class and we'll all be happy.
    Create new char.
    Breed? God.
    Profession? God.
    Name? God.

And Xianian try telling someone who uses strictly shotgun skill weapons that They dont depend on crits.
    Last edited by Juggernaht; Nov 18th, 2002 at 08:09:08.
    Beerz

16 other gimps.
    ---------------------------
    "Love is the Illusion that one woman differs from another."

"Well, this isn't really much of a cheese shop, now is it?"

Re: Every Class

Originally posted by Juggernaht
    Create new char.
    Breed? God.
    Profession? God.
    Name? God.
    God rerolled a Fixer. He syas they're "uber" now. I think Jesus is still an MA though.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Oh didn't you hear?
    Nanatech's can now ::GASP!:: Hit a fixer through Grid armor!!!!!!
    OMG A prof can hit fixers now. Fixers are COMPLETELY and FULLY NERFED.

Thats what i hear anyways. ::Shrugs::

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=69290

This guy is saying that Nanotechs are ... ready for this? Too Strong in PVP. I dont even know what to say. AHAHAHAHAH.
    Last edited by Juggernaht; Nov 18th, 2002 at 08:05:13.
    Beerz

16 other gimps.

Hey Jugg, you ever heard of a VEKTOR SHOTGUN?

Apparently NOT.

Because IF you had, you would realise that the Vektor has very high normal damage and DOES NOT depend on crits.

Oh, and the fact that Vektors have only ONE requirement, Shot Gun.

Thanks, try again.

<EDIT> I forgot to mention the S.A. Home Defender, very high normal damage and only Shot Gun requirement.

The only Shot Gun that is completely dependent on crits is the Ithaca, may be some others but thats the biggest.
    Last edited by Voracious; Nov 18th, 2002 at 21:05:17.

Hmm? You ever actually use a Vektor? Apparently not. Because the damage sucks.
    look for yourself
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=124259&t=ag

And the Sa does even lower dmg than that.
    Last edited by Juggernaht; Nov 19th, 2002 at 01:28:47.
    Beerz

16 other gimps.

I dont see the point in showing a ql 69 Vector. .
    Look at the real thing the Dragon:

Vector Dragon (ql180)

That gun does more damage at ql180 than a ma fist do at ql200.
    And yes, its slower than a fist as it shuld be.

But i am sure most ma`s wold be happy with that kinda fist
    8-386(812) wold have been uber with uvc. I know for sure becuse its what my trader used to use in the "old" days.
    Char list:
    Discont 200 trader,
    Geiringe 184 MA,
    Tykkskalle 114 Enf,
    Vidsyn 114 NT
    Rightfirst 77 MA
    Lifegiwer 74 Doc,
    Quickdraw 60 Soldier

Vector hasent any Specials, you cant go to full defense and its still slow. The numbers seem to be good, but not for PvP. The Vector does good damage, but over a long time, as most Shotguns. In PvP counts only fast massive damage, say specials. Shotguns in general arent the best choice for PvP. Only the Snakemaster is useable and this gun is soooooo boring as every Shotgun.
    oh and btw... their are no new useful Shotguns in the game since ages, while the "gimpy" MAs got something to play with nearly every patch now.

You are a Melee and the weak point of them is, oh wait was - read the Dev Chat from 17 Nov, they can be snared/rooted.

I vote for removing root/snare out of PvP or giving all Profs that abilities so no one can whine about it anymore. I am starting to think about whining about the "nerf" that almost everyone can root/snare or break it by nature except my Prof and very few others, since it is a key ability in PvP, making me gimpy as a Doc or Soldier or Engie.

A Vektor with a TIM Scope and very high ranged init is something to fear in PvP.

And about the snare/root thing, MA's are 'supposedly' getting a special attack that breaks roots/snares, gives a run buff, and a nano resist buff in NW, and it doesnt lock the MA skill. IF this comes around it will solve most problems, IF.

<Edit> Oh ya, and Jugg, I really dont want anymore comments from people who havent even breached level 100 with ANY of their characters, thanks.
    Last edited by Voracious; Nov 19th, 2002 at 15:21:39.

I do belive i was just called a n00b. Oh no! Anything but that!
    ooooo /me bows to the post 100 god.
    Dont even get me started.
    Well, I really dont want anymore comments from a 12 year old with a temper, thanks.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../1/name/xianan
    Last edited by Juggernaht; Nov 19th, 2002 at 23:37:54.
    Beerz

16 other gimps.

Wow, by that post you just totally showed you are a hyporcrite.

Now if you please will refrain from the childish comments, this is a discussion about MA's in PvP and we don't need your idiotic words to infringe upon this thread.

Thanks, have a nice day.

<EDIT> Hey, and maybe if you werent HALF stupid, you'd notice that this is an MA thread.

You'd also notice that the person who started it was ME. So wouldnt you think I'd play an MA? Ya, I think so, try again moron.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...1/name/xixxxor
    Last edited by Voracious; Nov 20th, 2002 at 01:28:09.

Let's please calm down. If you want to fix the MA issues then don't fight.. FunCom won't listen to a thread that just has a bunch of insults that they've heard a thousand times. They'll just go elsewhere, and look at other topics.

We don't have to bring up a vektor shotgun do we? It's a post about MA's. They don't use vektors as far as I know. Put up some ideas, give some advice.. Well, I guess we could continue in this fashion, but it isn't very productive, is it?

It doesn't matter if someone is a n00b. New people to the game have a very refreshing and unbiased view of classes that experienced players lose after a while. I think everyone should post their ideas, regardless of n00bness.

Your choice.
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast