Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Make this loot NODROP UNIQUE

Originally posted by Neurofreeze
    Two words: Claw Camp.

NS and GA don't specifically drop off of these claws in this particular area only, yet people camp here for hours a LOT. It's not as bad as true unique mobs, but probably because the respawn rate at that camp is incredible.
    Rare drop? Check.
    Specific mob (or set of mobs in same QL)? Check.

BOOM. Camping.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Kenlon

Rare drop? Check.
    Specific mob (or set of mobs in same QL)? Check.

BOOM. Camping.
    Your original post implied that you referred to having a specific mob, ie. Tarasque (which this thread largely revolves around) and his special drops. Removing the rare drops off of mobs such as Tarasque would solve the problem.

My post implied that if there are rare/special items, it doesn't matter if you remove these specific mobs, because there will still be camping.

BOOM, I don't see the point of your reply.

Real solution for camping:
    No rare drops off of specific mobs, or sets of mobs, ever.

Unless you are willing to go that far, there will *always* be camping.

(Happy now? Sheesh.)
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Jayde
    Why is Neleb camp-free? Not because the cloak is NODROP... it's because Neleb spawns (or, at least he used to) every half hour!! It's not an 18-hour camp spawn... It's a "Let's make a run to kill Neleb, if he doesn't happen to be there we'll wait 10 minutes for him tocome back" spawn.

Making the other items NODROP would simply mean MORE camping, because everyone who wanted one would have to camp the spawn--not just the harvesters that kill them to sell them to people.

Obviously, putting NODROP tags on Tara loot has vastly decreased the crowds gathering around Tara, right?

The problem is the 18-hour spawn, not the fact that it's sellable.

-Jayde
    yet another post proving that Jayde is never wrong

I think I am becoming a Jayde fanboi! He always makes such good sense.

think about it, if T was on a 20 min spawn people would get as many T kills in a day as they normally get in a month! get their loot and move on so SOMEONE ELSE can fight her, esp "lower high levels" that are not even allowed in current raids.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

As a new player to AO I can say the economy is borked.

Tradeskills are useless, this of course creates a economy nightmare and rampant inflation. You have all the money changing hands with the players, meanwhile generating more "new" money, and it's never leaving the loop.

To create a money sink you have to have a system.

The suggestion was to make Tradeskill characters required to build the special items. While in general this could be a good solution it makes these characters richer as was already pointed out previously, so really doesn't solve the money stink issue unless you adjust other aspects of the tradeskill system.

If a Player has to pay a Tradeskill Player to make an Item the Tradeskill Player should then have to spend a portion of that money (say out of 50k he has to spend 30k... net 20k profit) on materials needed to complete/assemble the final product.

Now we have money leaving the economy on both sides. To further this cash sink you could add Player Only created items, this could simply be Higher end models of the current weapons, or various offsets. This would for one give Tradeskill oriented folks somethin to do as well as get rid of some of the extra cash floating around.

Now this doesn't help with the issue of camping however the solution was given:

Real solution for camping:
    No rare drops off of specific mobs, or sets of mobs, ever.

Unless you are willing to go that far, there will *always* be camping.
    This can only be accomplished if steps were taken to leave the specific mobs out now out there.. they are good exp no? But remove the specific drop related items in favor of high end loot (soul frags, notum chips, tradeskill items, etc. ).

However take the Rare items and sort them into quests... so that spawns for this items are on a triggered system...

Accomplish A > B > C > Reward. This system will remove camping over specific mobs/mob sets while making the game more dynamic for those at a High end game... not to mention that if these Missions were level based prevent Higher level players from camping/running them exclusively for the item to resell... however they would still be able to assist a person on the quest, as long as they are within grouping range would seem fair (since group range is already so broad)...

When I started on Rubi-Ka everything was astronomically expensive. Every piece of armor or weapon I use is a mission result. I have been fortunate that my guild gave me a 25K bonus when I joined. Most of that was easily spent in a matter of minutes on implants.

The economy and the camping issue of items is tied together... if they were worked on they together would help resolved this inflated economy.

The only other solution would be to have cash caps, per player, and per guild... so that any extra money is "eaten" up.
    Last edited by Viray; Dec 15th, 2002 at 18:53:10.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

As far as money sinks go, the new vehicles & tower stuff in NW is pretty darn expensive. 85m for a yalm is quite a sink. At lvl 179, I currently have 3.8mil to my name. It cost me 3.5mil to get some CAS boots or I would have more. The most money I have ever had at one time is about 16mil. I have spent millions on my alts but I would say that my total earnings in the game don't total more than 50-60mil. I understand that it is frustrating when you see somebody in a full dragon suit selling the 'extra' dragon chest they have for 400mil, but making the items nodrop is not the solution. I think Jayde makes a very valid point. If they made T spawn every 2 hours or so, I think there would be less repeat campers. I have chest & would like to get an EoT & GPH from T, but I will not turn down any other loot I might happen to win.

As far as camping goes. There is really no way around it except to make the shops sell any loot in the game. Shops could also be make to keep an inventory of 'special' loot that has been sold to that shop machine & make it available for the next person to buy. IE: I sell my GPH to a shop, the shop keeps it in inventory & will sell to another customer. They might have to make a 'special loot' shop that would only allow one player at a time to access it so that accurate inventory counts could be kept. This, of course would lead to camping of the mobs that give the loot that shops will pay the most for. There will always be camping & there will always be peeps with millions more than others. It is unavoidable. Should everyone have equal access to loot? Yes they should & IMHO, they do.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Now i dont have any point on this but as i see it its like this..

Nodrop = Wont be sold around, wont increase in value (of course.. duh)

not nodrop = Wont be ninja:d but will increase in value the time forward.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123