Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make this loot NODROP UNIQUE

Make this loot NODROP UNIQUE

I have a solution for minimising camping of special mobs like Mcnugget, and that is to make ALL the items they drop NODROP UNIQUES. I know this will upset all you guilds that camp these mobs as a source of economy, but here me out. If they were NODROP UNIQUE's, what reason would there be for them to be continuously camped by the same people? Answer: NONE. This modification should apply to all the UBER loot and IMO all QL200 BOSS drop items too. The Rubi-Ka Economy has made it such that the credit value of these items has made it appealing to high lvl players to go back time after time and camp the mobs for them. Doing this prevents them from having to go earn creds the hard way like 95% of the rest of the game population. At least then if somebody wanted to take the time to kill the specials, they would stand a chance of doing it without having to worry about a Guild thats camping it for profit. I would also like to see this extend to Tarasque.
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

Hrm, I think a lot of these guilds with high level players have highish level alts, as well. So, while the same characters might not be there all the time, the same people just might be.

And then there is the grief factor. Just because they already have one does not mean that people won't monopolize a spawn just to make their rare item even rarer.

Originally posted by Vydas
    Hrm, I think a lot of these guilds with high level players have highish level alts, as well. So, while the same characters might not be there all the time, the same people just might be.

And then there is the grief factor. Just because they already have one does not mean that people won't monopolize a spawn just to make their rare item even rarer.
    I don't disagree with what you are saying, however making them NODROP unique will at very least put off the economically motivated from constantly camping the mobs..... As for camping to spite others, this would very soon get picked up on, so I suggest an addition to my above Mail and that is to make the immediate area around ALL these uniques a 25% suppression zone that roams with the special monsters, allowing those who genuinely wish to aquire the items a chance to fight for it first.
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

This is very unrealistic...

THE ECONOMYS PROBLEMS HAS NOTHING DO DO WITH ITEMS....

sorry had to yell, i am very much against this idea. The problem with the economy is that there are 100s of millions of credits in the game because of no money sinks.

if we make these items NODROP, then there will be nothing to trade and the economy will STILL be broken because everyone will have hundreds of millions of Cr. with nothing to spend it on.

To me it sounds like you have been outcamped at a spawn one to many times.

I could be totaly wrong there, but still... find some friends camp a spawn, everyone else does it.

oh, and on a side not, to say that high level charracters should have to "work as hard as everyone else" t make thier moeny is kinda a funny coment.

high level chars have put in many hours and hours of work... camping spawns is no more fun than anything else...

110+ /played... Campings only acounted for about 2 days of that
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Credit value ? You mean ebay value.

Yeah, let's do even more to turn AO into frickin EQ. . .

:P
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Comments inline highlighted between stars

Originally posted by Skymarshal
    This is very unrealistic...

sorry had to yell, i am very much against this idea. The problem with the economy is that there are 100s of millions of credits in the game because of no money sinks.

if we make these items NODROP, then there will be nothing to trade and the economy will STILL be broken because everyone will have hundreds of millions of Cr. with nothing to spend it on.

** I am not saying that there lacks a high lvl content of items to spend creds on, but I believe FC will be 'fixing' this soon by bringing out a new line of vehicles of which are rumored to cost

millions of creds**

To me it sounds like you have been outcamped at a spawn one to many times.

**Never camped a special once, never needed to, I am just commenting on the fact that certain Items are camped repeatedly by the same Org's for economical purposes. This may appear ok for you, but it sort of takes away one of the challenges in the game of trying to defeat a spawn on your own merits without having to out fight the same higher damage dealing group. I know what u are going to say... go away and form your own high team to do it.... what if people wished to gamble the odds and take a high risk at defeating a special with a below par team?**

I could be totaly wrong there, but still... find some friends camp a spawn, everyone else does it.

oh, and on a side not, to say that high level charracters should have to "work as hard as everyone else" t make thier moeny is kinda a funny coment.

high level chars have put in many hours and hours of work... camping spawns is no more fun than anything else...

**It is not a funny comment in fact you have pointed out several times that high lvl players don't need the creds.... and as I have added on my other post adding a UNIQUE NODROP tag would only deter those wishing to make economical gain from it.

Yet they still do it. Now tell me the majority are not doing it for the 40+ million credits they are going to get from the sell of the item **

110+ /played... Campings only acounted for about 2 days of that
    Let me add an example here: If nelebs Robe was only a special and not a nodrop how camped would it be? and how much would it sell for? 5 million? 10 million?.... 10 million for a cloak that can be worn by any lvl 50 nanomage with green Nano skills (even cyan and light blue ones)...... having this as a NODROP hasn't impaired the game, setting the rest NODROP wont either.
    Last edited by imhotep; Nov 15th, 2002 at 01:26:15.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Yeah, let's do even more to turn AO into frickin EQ. . .

:P
    Never played EQ so cannot comment, but i heard rumors that the rare items in EQ wereheavily camped too. I may be wrong but is AO not already emulating that gameplay?

Originally posted by cold
    Credit value ? You mean ebay value.
    The fact these Items are sold for Real world cash is just another reason to make them NODROP UNIQUES

FC should fix high lvl content regarding items, maybe they will be creating new shops in Jobe where items cost 100's of millions of credits..... again this would be another reason to make the rare items nodrops, as if such a shop existed, I can only imagine the lag that would be caused by people camping out the rare items to sell for the nice new ones

Post Totaly agree

ok..i must say i totaly agree with you here imhotep (your a mummy right? )

make importen itemz nonedrop all of them..this will balanced
    aconemy..

Originally posted by imhotep

The fact these Items are sold for Real world cash is just another reason to make them NODROP UNIQUES

FC should fix high lvl content regarding items, maybe they will be creating new shops in Jobe where items cost 100's of millions of credits..... again this would be another reason to make the rare items nodrops, as if such a shop existed, I can only imagine the lag that would be caused by people camping out the rare items to sell for the nice new ones
    Have to completely agree with ihmo, it would completely help the economy, because then all players not just those that are exceptionally greedy would get a chance to get some of these items!

I would also make the suggestion that no guild should be allowed to camp any particular mob.

And if they do, then they should have sanctions issued against them, call me radical but it would also help lag issueds in place like camelot as you wouldn't permanently have so many players trying to be there!

Arrow

Uh no thanks, theres too many stupid nodrop and/or unique items in the game already.

Spawning nugget somewhere random in clon**** every X-Y hours (I'd say 6-10 myself) would do far more to remove the usual 'login after server is up and form damage team to drop mob in 22 seconds, then set alarm clocks on computer'.

No guild could camp a mob, brilliant idea

Ok, everyone leave your guild, set up a 'virtual guild' and use a bot for the chat channel. Keep members roster etc on websites and out of the game.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Nov 15th, 2002 at 02:13:01.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Why is Neleb camp-free? Not because the cloak is NODROP... it's because Neleb spawns (or, at least he used to) every half hour!! It's not an 18-hour camp spawn... It's a "Let's make a run to kill Neleb, if he doesn't happen to be there we'll wait 10 minutes for him tocome back" spawn.

Making the other items NODROP would simply mean MORE camping, because everyone who wanted one would have to camp the spawn--not just the harvesters that kill them to sell them to people.

Obviously, putting NODROP tags on Tara loot has vastly decreased the crowds gathering around Tara, right?

The problem is the 18-hour spawn, not the fact that it's sellable.

-Jayde

NODROP on items like Chunk of Living Dragon Flesh would be a prob now wouldnt it?

Not only would you have to get your hands on the item but you have to get PPPE(Shape Soft Armor) too to get it made, and upping your skills of course.
    Mithrax 220 agent gimp. My current armor and symbiants.
    Proud member of ze Legion

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
    Maya Angelou

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
    Thomas Jefferson

This would turn AO in EQ as said.
    You don't want to see Tarasque camping getting worse (yes it can be worse) and spread on all unique mobs in AO. We are already slowing going there, no need to rush the process.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

one question.

got something new to add:

What about those ql200+ mobs which needs more than one team to kill.

Imhotep, could you tell use how to stop ninja looting those ?

Example: One team gets loot rights, and the person who need/wins it is at second team ?

We got some many example from Tarasque (which is EVEN 25% gas zone) how ninjalooting happens with low level char.
    2c
    Lyijy Engineer
    Zernia2 Ancarim Iron Legion Enforcer

It is true that making highly disputed items NODROP could help a bit in reducing camps, as money would not be a motivation anymore.

However, I believe a nicer way to do it, for items like the shades of lucubration, would be to turn them into static mission rewards. Not the Leg-chopper kind of mission, but more like the living cyber armor ones, maybe a multi-part mission, with triggered NPCs to kill.
    That would remove some of the frustration for players, and stop the inflation on such items. Thus, no need to make them NODROP.

I am not saying that every item should be turned into a quest reward though; we need variation .

But...
    Originally posted by Jayde

Why is Neleb camp-free? Not because the cloak is NODROP... it's because Neleb spawns (or, at least he used to) every half hour!! It's not an 18-hour camp spawn... It's a "Let's make a run to kill Neleb, if he doesn't happen to be there we'll wait 10 minutes for him tocome back" spawn.

Making the other items NODROP would simply mean MORE camping, because everyone who wanted one would have to camp the spawn--not just the harvesters that kill them to sell them to people.
    Make Neleb's robe tradeable and people will start camping him for money. Sure, it will not have a huge resell value, but it will still give a reason for higher level people to go there and camp the mob, preventing characters of appropriate level (i.e. those for whom Neleb is a challenge) to try and take him down on their own.
    Also, NODROP items do not necessarily translate into more camping: "weak" (or even not-so-weak) mobs that drop valuable items will always get camped and killed fast anyway. But if you can get rid of the harvesters, you then get rid of some frustration too.

Originally posted by Skymarshal

The problem with the economy is that there are 100s of millions of credits in the game because of no money sinks.

Tradeable items do nothing to remove money from the system. On the contrary, items like the shades are subject to speculation and add money in it. Examples of true money sinks are the Yalmahas and the upcoming towers, since the money spent will not come back into a player's hands.

Just comming from personal experince with all the raids i hve led, and mobs i have camped...

NODROPS are the bane of my existance... Every time i kill tarasqu, and pop open that loot windo i am praying like mad that none of the items are NODROPS, cause then i get ninjaed, screwed with, have a courpse decay, whatever...

The fact of the matter is that no matter what your going to have camping of the high quality items, by the high level players...

Whats the difference if i charge you 200million to let you loot a courpse or charge you 200million to sell you an item, other than its more hassle for you.

I dont claim to know everythin, and i dont, but I dont _think_ this would help the problems that we are having.

~sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Thumbs up

[i]
    And then there is the grief factor. Just because they already have one does not mean that people won't monopolize a spawn just to make their rare item even rarer. [/B]
    I'm afraid I have to disagree on this point, someone might actually bother to camp something once to make sure that their uber loot is rarer, but they won't do it more than once, They would get EXTREMELY bored if they were to sit there and camp something, just to prevent someone else from getting it! What ould they achive in the game? nothing! What ould it do for their character, nothing!

So I'm afraid that unless they are the most incredibly sad individual it wouldn't happen.

"Whats the difference if i charge you 200million to let you loot a courpse or charge you 200million to sell you an item, other than its more hassle for you. "

Again i'm afraid that i'd have to disagree are you telling me that someone is going to bother to camp mcnugget or some such other mob, just on the offchance that they can get someone there thats prepared to spend that kind of money for something that they can wait and come back to at a later point when the sad people that have been camping it, get bored of camping it and go back to actually playing the game. Don't think so!

"What about those ql200+ mobs which needs more than one team to kill."

Imhotep, could you tell use how to stop ninja looting those ?

Example: One team gets loot rights, and the person who need/wins it is at second team ?"

Well the answer to that is an easy and question, and one that FC should have addressed a long time ago, make the mob easier to kill, make it possible for one team of 6 lvl200 chars to kill it!

Also make it that so the loot always goes to whichever team started the attack, that way ninja looting will never occur!

This would be particularly effective if the suppresion one around ll the super bosses was 75% and PvP was prevented!

"NODROP on items like Chunk of Living Dragon Flesh would be a prob now wouldnt it? "

Nope, this wouldn't be a problem, because you simply wouldn't make these no drop's, you would make them uniques. That way you might get one piece, but until you had found someone who could make the dragon armour for you, there would be no point in going back!

If the armour itself was also unique, there would then be no point in going back after you had the full set! (before anyone asks yes I know armour has 2 sleeves! just make them handed!)

"Why is Neleb camp-free? Not because the cloak is NODROP... it's because Neleb spawns (or, at least he used to) every half hour!! It's not an 18-hour camp spawn... It's a "Let's make a run to kill Neleb, if he doesn't happen to be there we'll wait 10 minutes for him tocome back" spawn. "

Yep i would have to admit that you are partly right on this, but the fact that it is no-drop does also contribute to this!

I would also make the point that virtually all "uber loot" e.g shades of lucubration, or adv cloak e.t.c are all either class or race specific, and as such if they were made no-drops, the only people that would see the point in farming for them would be the calss or race that they were usable by.

"Spawning nugget somewhere random in clon**** every X-Y hours (I'd say 6-10 myself) would do far more to remove the usual 'login after server is up and form damage team to drop mob in 22 seconds, then set alarm clocks on computer'. "

This would certainly be another idea that i think has a large amount of merit, however people would very quickly learn that a particular mob spawns in rough area and would go looking for it and considering they would be in a Yalm would likely find it very quickly, so the potential spawn area would need to be very large, with the spawn point being completely random within that large area.

"This is very unrealistic...

if we make these items NODROP, then there will be nothing to trade and the economy will STILL be broken because everyone will have hundreds of millions of Cr. with nothing to spend it on. "

Making these items no-drop would make no difference to the economy system within the game whatsover, the only way to make the economy work would be to put expensive things in shops, so that credits are taken out of the game!

Trading between players does not spend money! all it does it trasfers it from one char to another, whilst keeping that credit within the game.

So all I can say is that there is no reason whatsoever to not make these items no-drop, an evry reason to do so!

I would also like to "add" the hypothesis that if you made all rare items "NO DROP" then you would just have large groups (or guilds) camping the mob so everyone in the guild could get one and then.... one for each of their alts....on all 3 of their accounts.....etc ....etc....

Least when I "camped" and won my shades in a team with my trader, I was able to give them to my crat 4 months later without having to RE-CAMP another pair.

Making them NO DROP will just make the camping worse IMHO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast