Thread: Cz, parrying (melee weapons)???

Question Cz, parrying (melee weapons)???

I'm an adventurer level 42 and I'm having some questions about combat.

When i was in training ground, i fought a leet (i was level 3) and i missed the green leet 5 times in a single combat. Now when i'm 42 level, i still seem to get lots of parries from mobs. Why is this??
    Even green mobs i cannot hit in every round, but instead, they parry my attacks ALL TO FREQUENTLY.. Getting quite annoying..

I'm using dual wield SOL Fire Executioners (don't remember QL) but they are not OE. Is this made on purpose or this a glitch??
    But this is making my adventurer all to weak when the mobs parry most of my attacks.. Often 4-5 parries in a short battle with a green mob and same with red mobs.. makes no difference on the mob it seams.. I went back to the training ground a while back, when the leets were grey, i still could not hit them..

Please, i could use some feedback on this..

forgot one thing

Alsoo, i miss sometimes and i'm not getting any feedback on why i miss.. i just plainly cut right though the mob.. Did he parry? Did he eavde?? No, because i got no feedback..

This is alsoo making my adv way to crappy when wielding melee weapons instead of the dual wield pistols.. Do i have to make myself a new chr just for the pistols when i don't wanna use pistols??

I've compared myself to other advs using pistols and me using melee weapons.. they kill the mob WAY faster than me, even when the pistols are about the same level as my executioners are.. Why??

Parry will continue to annoy you throughout your career. But, against green mobs you shouldn't be seeing them very much...

The way misses and parries work, is that they check your attack rating against your the targets evades. So, if you are wielding Sol F's, get your 1HE as high as you can. Upgrade your implants, cast the best buffs you can and be sure that you max 1HE every level, the higher the better.

/DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

I use QL50 implants and i'm working on QL100 implants.. I use expertise +20 1he before i go into combat so i'm all buffed up =)

That is no excuse though on why i miss so god damn much? What with the "noobs" who don't know how to make implants?? Will they hit at all?

Yes, the game is balanced for well imiplanted, well equipped people. It is a bit harsh, but that's the way it needs to be, otherwise the more experienced could make a twink that would completely devastate anything.

Getting better implants in is a smart move and soon you'll be able to cast Windslicer (lvlreq:50) that will help you more.

Hang in there and try to fit those implants/get a few levels, then you wont see as many misses/parries.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by DaveDread

Hang in there and try to fit those implants/get a few levels, then you wont see as many misses/parries.
    Um Dave can I quote you on this.... HE HE...
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Ehehe...

Correction then: against mobs with a VERY high parry/evade skill you will see about 99% of your attacks miss or be parried, but that is about 100 levels ahead.

/me grins at akodo

/me smiles back
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I dont get many parrys at all on my MA. Maybe your weapons are bugged.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Parry is busted, plain and simple.

With over 800 parry I think I actually parried 1/1000 hits. With 1150 attack rating, mobs seem to parry every 3-4 hits. RANGED USERS PARRY TOO!!! WTF is up with that?

NO ONE can have 1150 parry, even 1k is impossible.

Mobs are parrying way way too much, plan and simple.

BTW LVL 200 advent here, and doing 50% missions with greens/yellows, those mobs parry way too much. I mean we don't have QL300 implants yet and these mobs don't get a parry buff, so something is really wrong. (no green parry skill either!!!)
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

I tend to agree, MOBs need to have their parry reduced just a bit. The worst are often green MOBs after you get them down below 50% - they seem to go defensive which boosts their evades effectiveness at that point. Higher MOBs don't seem to do this as much.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Uh... I can get 1150 parry. Dual parry sticks, kevlar armbands, 3rd eye, triple implant and exp buff ends up somwhere close to 1150 anyways. Doesnt help unless you're on full def. And then, it doesnt help much against anything but melee mobs. But hey, it looks nice in the skill menu.

Ive noticed quite a bit more parry going on lately too....along with mroe misses. I figured it was my crappy MA but tried against a leet....parried 4 times. And that as with a 900 AR. Now I'm using a grenade launcher and woo! Now it's all misses. Ho the hell do you miss with a grenade laucher, and how you you parry a contact explosive round?. Then again why would an explosive cupcake need brawl......
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Uh, you got parried by a leet? with 900 AR?
    If your not kidding, parry is broke. Completely and utterly.

Attention!!!
    Kill ma in pvp will not be looked as farming pvp title
    No dangerous, no exception gogogo

crats what r u waiting for ?

171 soldier
    200 ma
    174 NT ( leveling )
    83 doc

I am in China now . no AO this month .......