Thread: I lost my head in Tir....

I lost my head in Tir....

One headless Atrox

One headless Atrox and his headless opifex friend

This is a strange bug. Never seen it before. It happens to me in just this one place in Tir.

Normally, this could happen if you installed new beta gfx-card drivers or directX drivers etc.. I did change drivers, but didn't use beta software. I installed the new WHQL Detonators, running on my nVidia TI4600 128MB Card.

Either nVidia messed up and MS verified bugged drivers, or FunCom has done some whacko out-of-spec coding
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 14th, 2002 at 09:53:16.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

For an atrox it might be an improvement

This happens to me (opifex) too - at Tir Arena. There are other places where this happens, out in the wild but I can't recall the exact place. Not only my head but my weapon (Ki-8) also disappears.

I also us an nVidia card (plain old GF3) but haven't updated drivers in ages. Det 12.83.

Actually I've been getting this bug every once in a while since the last patch. I haven't been to Tir, but it's happened in Mort, Borealis, and Newland for me. I think I've also seen it happen in a mission (grey cave type). I updated the drivers for my Geforce 3 ti200 tuesday and I don't recall seeing it since. Of course it was a bit random to begin with...

I've had this happen only once.

I was getting the whompa from Omni Trade to Entertainment and as I entered the whompa my head vanished.

That was with a Radeon 9700, strange.

lmao...the only other time i seen that was when an agent in a team once kept changing her head with the agent nano... she did it so many times in a row that she lost her head...
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

I wish my head disappeared. I'm so ugly.
    ~Chris

Re: I lost my head in Tir....

So thats how many hit points you have!
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

looks cool, agents sould get a special called "head shot" and thats what happens.

Err or not.

I knocked it off

If you look closely at that pic is head is lying on the floor somewhere. I knocked it off on accident, testing damage.

That reminds me of that sweet queen in Black Adder who had a rather nasty way to say "Im gonna knock your block off" or was it chop ?........ anyways it made me laugh (Black Adder did, not the pic so much )