Thread: 260 All def

260 All def

After rumbling trough most of the weapons available for mp's I got back to my beloved 1hb.
    I found out we have a nice shield that gives me 210 all def and 420 AC.

GREAT. Can somebody also explain me what 210 all def does ? Since I got 2 rings of luck.. adding another 25 each.

Does it have ANY effect on Nano resist/evades too ?

Or can I simply read it as "the first 260 hp of a shot are taken down, unless you hit minimum damage" ?

And yes, this is PvP related too. But all def sounded like a game mechanic
    Johndoo, can I have essence pls ?

Add All Defense is a direct addition to your defensive skill.

Typicaly things that add to defensive skill depend on the situation. If you look at most weapons, or nukes (Nano Resist) they have a stat which determins what skill is used as the defensive skill.

For example we will take the Novaflow, which has a defensive skill based on Dodge-Ranged (An evade)

The shield that you talk about will add an aditional 210 to your defensive rolls.

I dont think (and highly doubt) that it is a direct corelation between the amount of skill (dodge ranged in this case) and the defensive number. but, what the shield does is raise directly the same thing that raising evades does, it just does it across the board, without you seeing a skill increase.

Another good example of this is Fixers Grid Armor, it makes it so that people attacking have a hard time hitting fixers because (at mk4) it adds ~2100 (i might be slightly off here) to all defensive rolls. This works the same way your shield does...

If your still not understanding please further clarify your question.

Edit: It doesn not work the way you thought it did, i.e. removing damage directly. It helps you to take less damage by dodging more attacks, and getting criticaled less.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Ok, so far so good. I still understand it.

But if fixers get 2100 my 260 will mean nothing :/

Well, thnx for the reply, atleast its worth a shot in PvP now

Believe me

260 added to def skills is worth a LOT!!!

If your evades are implanted and maxed already, putting 260 on top of that means that only enfs and traders (normally) get enough attack rating to hit you.

Its a damn nice buff!
    Last edited by Beartwo; Nov 14th, 2002 at 14:34:55.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

It might not be very powerful with evades, but consider nanoresist...
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

800+ selfbuffed Evades and 700+ nano resist.

Time to upgrade parry then ?

If DMS mods affect nano resist, how can NTs hit GA Fixers with nukes?

They use nukes that check against less then 100% NR?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

No decent damage NT nuke does. IEF is around 110%, and I haven't heard of any NTs having trouble landing it.

hmm... 3x as hard to Nano shutdown a fixer compared to any other prof ( fixer in GA )

Don't think Add All Def affects Nano Resist. GA IV has a Nano Resist mod on it, though.

Add All Def adds directly to your DMS, which is compared to your attacker's AMS for evade purposes. 200+ Add All Def is a very, very large boost in your evasion powers.

-Jayde

Arrow

The % age listed on nanos isn't a perfect measure imo.

I can often easily land roots (100%) on things that tend to take 4 or 5 recastings of other nanos (85% AC drains). Its not random luck either, its pretty consistient and repeatable. (i.e. boss mobs)

My MC/TS is not much different from my PM/TS skill when fully buffed, certainly not 15% apart. (maybe 3%)

If you look at the jobe nanoclusters, it seems that FC "rates" add all def as less effective than direct increases to evades/resist.

ql200 evade/resist clusters
    -shining: 105
    -bright: 63
    -faded: 42

ql200 jobe defensive clusters
    -shining: 130 (left arm, perfect if you don't use brawl)
    -bright: 78 (right arm, great for non-melee)
    -faded: 52

Keep in mind that it adds to 4 defensive skills indirectly (maybe parry too?) and I'm sure FC thought of that...they aren't like to give us uber stuff

On a side note, check these out:
    ql200 jobe offensive clusters (exact same slots as def ones)
    -shining: 30
    -bright: 18
    -faded: 12

PS, WTB ql172+ shining/bright/faded offensive or defensive jobe clusters :P
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Unhappy ???

If attackers Attckskill=Defenders defensskill
    Is it then a 50% chance to hitt??

And if so what happens when there is a diference?

And how do the AGG-DEF bar come in?

Why don't we get to see the numbers?

Ow YEAH

That I would like to know too

I assume that if the agro bar is in the middle the All Def AND All Att are both 0 ?

Ones moved your amount of def cq att rises putting the other one lower or even negative ?

And how much in numbers

Love you questions Navax, but fear they go to "land to unknowing" :/

GA fixer are harder to hit with nano program because GA buff NR too

i think the add in all def only affect physical defense skills

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    No decent damage NT nuke does. IEF is around 110%, and I haven't heard of any NTs having trouble landing it.
    IEF is 98% FYI.....

....and nukes will plow right through GA's NR boost if said Fixer is full agg....

....trying to nuke a Fixer in GA on full defense, I felt like the last Trader I ran into, who could not land a Plunder on me for the life of him....
    .: Naraya :.