Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate thread 20^30 Tolbat

Hate thread 20^30 Tolbat

this mofo is going down.. im going to gank him next time i c him

YOUR GOING DOWN TOLBAT!! DOWN I TELL YOU!!
    w00p w00p!!

Scientific notation is express in 10's, not 20's.
    ~Chris

Hehe

Originally posted by Megabio
    Scientific notation is express in 10's, not 20's.
    ~Chris
    Hehe. 20^30 would be 20 to the 30th power, not scientific notation. So technically, Tolbat's hate thread is number 1.073741824e+39, or so my calculator says

I realize that, but it appears that he was attemping to do scientific notation, as that is what is generally used to express large numbers.

(scientific notation
    (thing) by /dev/joe (2 d) (print) ? Mon May 15 2000 at 17:53:08

A method of writing approximate forms of large numbers in which the magnitude is separated out of the number and expressed as a power of ten. For instance, 6.02 x 1023 is a short way of writing 602000000000000000000000.
    Computers and some calculators often use a shorthand "e notation" for writing numbers in exponential notation in which the times sign and the 10 are replaced by a letter e (sometimes capitalized), so 6.02E23 for the number above. This is used in contexts where the superscript for the exponent cannot be produced. )

Now you already knew this, but what I'm trying to tell you is that he should have put it into scientific notation.
    ~Chris

Hehe

We have no lives

Damn straight.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    I realize that, but it appears that he was attemping to do scientific notation, as that is what is generally used to express large numbers.

(scientific notation
    (thing) by /dev/joe (2 d) (print) ? Mon May 15 2000 at 17:53:08

A method of writing approximate forms of large numbers in which the magnitude is separated out of the number and expressed as a power of ten. For instance, 6.02 x 1023 is a short way of writing 602000000000000000000000.
    Computers and some calculators often use a shorthand "e notation" for writing numbers in exponential notation in which the times sign and the 10 are replaced by a letter e (sometimes capitalized), so 6.02E23 for the number above. This is used in contexts where the superscript for the exponent cannot be produced. )

Now you already knew this, but what I'm trying to tell you is that he should have put it into scientific notation.
    ~Chris
    I so totally agree
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

...Food is good
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

Engie arguments
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Oi.. this thread is about me, dont talk about engis

2^2 = 4 thats the way i meen 20^30 (but i dont know what 20^30 is)
    w00p w00p!!

yes ... scientific notation is always A x 10^B

where A and B are numbers of your choosing

so 20^30 looks nothing to me like scientific notation due to the apparent lack of "X 10^" in it.

I am not an engineer in game, just in real life
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Crepuscular
    GEEKS!
    you can thank geeks for the computer you use, the care you drive, the music that you hear, the close you wear, the light you see with, oh I could go on and on... pretty much everything in your life that is not emotional attachment you can atribute to geeks

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I agree with you....However those geeks aren't sitting here analyzing and discussing the "proper" mathmatical expressions for scientific notation.

BTW, yes, I am a self declared geek.

just to point out, it IS proper scientific notation, just it is in a non standard form.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Yazule

Can you teach how to drive a care. I really want to learn how. I just hope i can afford one.

LOL

Sorry i just couldn't resist.

Originally posted by Crepuscular
    I agree with you....However those geeks aren't sitting here analyzing and discussing the "proper" mathmatical expressions for scientific notation.

BTW, yes, I am a self declared geek.
    Lemme at your sexy toes woman
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Re: Yazule

Originally posted by Bullbarrell
    Can you teach how to drive a care. I really want to learn how. I just hope i can afford one.

LOL

Sorry i just couldn't resist.

roflol

yeah yeah, I am an engifriggineer, not an enlish magor

ROFLOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast