Thread: Client/Server sync or lag..

Client/Server sync or lag..

Cz.. Can we get an update on this please.

When I do solo missions and get into combat most of the time I have to wait for combat to end becasue I or the mob continues to fight way after the fight has ended. My pet has even walked back to me as I stand there shooting at a mob or the mob is shooting at me only to watch my pet hit for one last time after he has walked back and stood next to me for like 3 secs. Its really bad and somewhat annoying. Some fights are quick but it seems that the more mobs I fight the worse it gets. I thought there was a connection with just using my pistol in the combat versus just standing there using my offensive nanos. Nope.

Thisis the one thing right now that is plauging me the most. Cz please give us some status on this.

Junk

/edit
    This is not the hit after death thing btw. That has seemed to have gone as far as I know.
    /edit
    Last edited by Junkmerchant; Nov 13th, 2002 at 20:53:37.

Angry me too

As far as I can see it has been worse since today's server patch. Good one FC for closing the 14.6 patch thread before you'd fixed all the stuff you knackered. Want a job in politics?

Played tonight and was frequently hitting/being hit, after mob had died and I had received XP. Also, around 1 in 4 mobs in missions refused to lie down and die until I sat down and waited!

Either explain or deny guys, just don't ignore >

Cz..Please post a reply..

Please post a reply. Anything to tell me you have read the post atleast please. A reply on if its fixed in 14.7 or slated for 14.7 would be much better. =)

Junk

Cool o my.........

A new development in the Synch Wars...I was fighting a mob earlier, killed, mob went down. I reached past the body to open a chest.......

THE MOB GOT UP AGAIN

/me almost has heart attack

Nice for a Halloween feature, but that was 2 weeks ago lol

Arrow

I've see them sort of half fall over (45 degree angle), waver about at that for a bit then get back up to vertical, stand there looking stupid, then fall down.

Sync has improved a bit in the last few days but is still worse than 14.5 was...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Exact same thing happens to my Engi, my I get XP and hear the mob 'die', pet returns to me, but the mob keeps on doing attack animations, and pet has to go back to it for one last hit before the mob finally falls over in death throes.

Nothing serious, just irritating.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    Exact same thing happens to my Engi, my I get XP and hear the mob 'die', pet returns to me, but the mob keeps on doing attack animations, and pet has to go back to it for one last hit before the mob finally falls over in death throes.

Nothing serious, just irritating.
    I think you're just imaging things, Smac... you really need to lay off the 'shrooms, ya know? Gonna get a teammate killed one of these days with your "playing in a seriously altered state" shenanigans.

Lol Bhaaz, whats up mate? Log into the game an' I'll show you some altered states ;p

Smaccie
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    Lol Bhaaz, whats up mate? Log into the game an' I'll show you some altered states ;p

Smaccie
    No thanks... I'm still sore from the last time. I couldn't sit comfortably for a week.

Hmm, wonder who haxxored my account
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Same thing happens to me all the time, happend after they patched it to 14.6. This really needs to be adressed, either with a patch or at least with some info on when you intend to do something about it. Ruins the whole roleplaying when the mob keep hitting you after you are dead.
    Formrider - Lvl 73 Crat

Nahadra - Lvl 55 doc

Unfitrider - Lvl 101 Shade

Achiever 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Killer 40%
    Socializer 26%

It´s not entirely "graphical" and "synch" related it seems to me. I´ve got a very slow weapon and it makes a huge diffrence for me.

I start an attack on a mob hit it several times until the life is on zero (at least from the looks of it´s healt bar) and than I need exactly one more hit to bring it down.

First I thought it´s just synch error (and sometimes it is) but when I tried to just break attack and go on attacking the next mob the other one wouldn´t die and instead slowly heal back and continue it´s attack on me.

As stated above this makes a big diffrence because one attack takes several seconds with my weapon. I usually only need ~3-4 hits to kill a mob so one additional hit everytime makes it quite a big percentage of "wasted" attacks. It propably isn´t as obvious on faster attacks.

Also some attacks in the middle of the fight just seem to not happen. In most of those cases I score a "double" hit on one of the next attacks though. This was a bit odd but I thought it was synch related too. I changed my mind when my damage from one mob carried over to the next one for the first time though: I hit mob A and there´s no damage message and his life stays as it is. After another hit mob A dies and I go on attacking mob B and on my first hit I do double damage which is supported by it´s health bar and by the fact that it dies when I get it at zero life (except for the above mentioned "last-additional-hit").
    The optimism of the action is better than the pesimism of thought
    - Greenpeace UK

Midnight - Edged Weapons wielding RK3 Opifex Enforcer
    Leloona - Ambitious RK2 Doc of the Omni-Pol Elite-Gimps

Umm Midnight this particular issue is of AFTER getting the XP for killing the mob it is still in attack animations. I have seen this also. Sometimes its a relatively long time, several seconds. My pet kills a mob, i get the XP but mob is still in attack animations until my pet seems to hit it one more time.

I said i stopped attacking the mob after it supposedly was dead and attacked another one. The first one didn´t die, instead it regenerated.
    I also said that sometimes it´s really just lag/synch/whatever and if I try to brawl it to death it says "target already dead" but most times it doesn´t.

Oh btw, the "last-additional-hit" bug only occurs when using my weapon. If I´m using brawl to finish the mob this doesn´t happen.

edit: just tried it again to make sure I didn´t say crap and I could reproduce this twice on first 4 mobs.

edit2: I tested a bit around and realized the mob seemingly "gained" back life when I cast mongo. This lead me to believe the hp just isn´t shown correct and mongo refreshs it and makes the real life visible. Kind of what weapons for MAs did just the other way round.
    Last edited by Midnight; Nov 20th, 2002 at 13:40:48.
    The optimism of the action is better than the pesimism of thought
    - Greenpeace UK

Midnight - Edged Weapons wielding RK3 Opifex Enforcer
    Leloona - Ambitious RK2 Doc of the Omni-Pol Elite-Gimps

Yep all the mobs are like the Energizer bunny now, they just keep going and going and going.... they don't want to die !
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat