Thread: Tower Network Construction...

Tower Network Construction...

I am planning out our guilds Tower Network and I have a few questions and other things I need cleared up.

1) Do I understand this correctly: I can only have up to "three" of the same type of towers touching eachothers radii?

2) If one is true, am I correct in thinking that I can have as many towers as it is possible to be inter-woven as long as they are of "different" type and the tower itself is not within overlapping radii range? I am thinking of Gautes diagram on news page.

3) On the mini map, will I be able to see the Towers and their ranges? How will this be rendered? Color coded?

4) Is it possible to place a tower out of attack range of another tower, yet still within range of placement?

5) Can the Controller Tower be within overlapping radii of surrounding towers so that I can defend that controller from all sides with multiple defenses?

6) When you mean that "all" towers can attack, is the weakest tower able to defend itself for a good period of time or will I need to put the weakest tower next to the strongest tower? I'm thinking high level towers here, 150-300.

7) Am I making any sense whatsoever?
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

I think there are too many assumptions at this point. It will be interesting to see how things pan out. I really hope this works, I've been looking forward to it since they announced it!

Well, there are people on beta for the booster, this is directed toward them and any FC dev that could shed some light.

That's why I am asking, I want to dispell any assumptions.

We all know when you "assume" you make a 'ass' of 'u' not 'me'.

- Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

So no one knows? Or is FC got a gun pointed to your head cause revealing this would be spoiler?

/ducks from flying bullets
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Yup, it's called NDA.

And so we stay relatively quiet.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Re: Tower Network Construction...

Originally posted by Special Agent Seven
    I am planning out our guilds Tower Network and I have a few questions and other things I need cleared up.

1) Do I understand this correctly: I can only have up to "three" of the same type of towers touching eachothers radii?

2) If one is true, am I correct in thinking that I can have as many towers as it is possible to be inter-woven as long as they are of "different" type and the tower itself is not within overlapping radii range? I am thinking of Gautes diagram on news page.

3) On the mini map, will I be able to see the Towers and their ranges? How will this be rendered? Color coded?

4) Is it possible to place a tower out of attack range of another tower, yet still within range of placement?

5) Can the Controller Tower be within overlapping radii of surrounding towers so that I can defend that controller from all sides with multiple defenses?

6) When you mean that "all" towers can attack, is the weakest tower able to defend itself for a good period of time or will I need to put the weakest tower next to the strongest tower? I'm thinking high level towers here, 150-300.

7) Am I making any sense whatsoever?
    This is going off memory of the articles I've read.

1) I think its 3 towers, period, regardless of type.

2) See 1.

3) Yes, though I know not how it will appear. In the article.

4) No clue, but I'd guess yes.

5) I'd guess that the controller counts as a tower as well, and its direct AoE counts as a radius which you have to account for too.

6) All towers, even buff towers, attack. Define defend itself; I doubt any of them can defend themselves for extended periods of time without PC help. I also suspect that you'll be putting attack towers next to important buff towers to make certain that the buffs don't disappear on you.

7) As much as you ever do.

And people are under NDA, which is why beta folks can't disclose. Devs could, though, but probably won't. :/
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.