Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closing 14.6 forum? Laggerrriiffiicc

Originally posted by Wiped
    8th - Comment about CZ's mother

I imagine step 8 will be the last time I am allowed to post to the forum, so I'm saving it up for something special
    Not just that, but I would let my mother read it. You really don't want to piss off my mom.

(No, ma, I was kidding! No! Let me finish the post at least, ok? Thanks.)

We're keeping a close eye on the servers, and track the performance hour by hour. The coders are aware of the most critical area, and we're working on improving these.

Problems with client performance are also being looked into, especially the x seconds lockup and zoning disconnections (new zones take too long to load, hence the client never tells the server it's ready, and gets disconnected). Anything helping load times from the harddrive, or the gfx rendering, should help on this.

That's what I have for now.

*thump* Ouch! Ma, put the pan down! *thump* Not on my head! *thump*

Thanks Cz! I'm glad you guys are looking into it. Thanks for the response!

Lestrac

/me puts step 8 back into pocket for later

Thanks CZ for the response on something alot of us are worried about. Keep us updated, please.

/me buys apology card for CZ's mom
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

System Specs:
    p4 2.26 ghz, 1 gig ram
    geforce 3 ti500
    2 ata133 drives, RAID 0
    Cable connection

I'm not trying to be a hindrance to this post, but just adding my experince with the new patch. So far i haven't noticed anything, no longer loading times, no heavy lag (unless of course its right around tir grid where alot of people like to congregate). I even run around Broken Shores without having to turn down my viewdistance. Tir on the other hand has gone down way more then usual, or i have lost connection while in tir more frequently then normal. Besides this though, the patch (regarding loadtimes and lag) has been great, imo.

/bow
    Frank " Hollowd " Craddock
    211 Nano-Technician
    Redemption

intel 700 MhZ machine, 384 ram G-force2 mx 400 (64 meg) graphics

lag is BETTER for me now... I only lag when there is a lot peeps around, and it is normally server lag it seems (not zoning for extended periods etc)

oh and DSL
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Thanks for the response CZ

Thanks for the response I know this has been a huge issue for me and my peeps glad to see you guys are working on it.

Xzule

Almost forgot
    2200 XP 512 2700 DDR G3 64meg not too much lag but enough to notice it.
    Splittail
    220/23/70 Trader (Main) Proud President of Forsaken RK1
    ALTS
    ================================================== =
    220 Ma Slamdambam
    220 Doc Healthstar
    220 Engi Retrocraft
    220 Enf JimiHoffa
    219 Sold Unicrash
    212 Crat Mitzilu
    200 NT Xzule

LD every single time I run from NW terminals to Tir grid. Never happend to me before 14.6.

Also other times that I go LD. Before 14.6 I had perhaps 3 LD's in 4 months. (counting out the times when atlantic link where fubar).

1.lots AMD GF4 1GB ram, WD hd... Stable system, not one lockup in a year using XP. Something is broken, fix it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12