Thread: Suggestion : Organisation Rooms / Guild Bank / Item Bank / Statistical Data

Lightbulb Suggestion : Organisation Rooms / Guild Bank / Item Bank / Statistical Data

Suggestion : Organisation Rooms / Guild Bank / Item Bank / Statistical Data

The Social Aspect :

A Guild today is techically just a chat channel on your panel. Ofcourse you can achieve alot by using the guldchat, but what I miss today is a place where guildies can meet in private rooms. I know some organisations today use backyards as a "Guild-base", but a private zone/base for a Guild would be even better?

Communication is a keyword here. I believe that people will be even closer if they have more "visual contact". To have a home where you can meet friends may also give a feeling that you belong somewhere.

Notum Wars is soon here, and beeing guilded will be even more profitable. Organisations may have to be even more organized to achieve what they want.

Knowing that you have a place to go AND friends to chat with cant hurt?

The Practical Aspect :

Lets say you have just done some missions, traded some items and helped a friend with implants... now... you have 30 mins left before you have to log. Now what? You run/walk/fly around to find a quiet place to sit? As a 197 trader, I usually do that (do I need to explain why?) You chat around... maybe some guild issues to solve? Oh.. and you got at least 20 new items that may be interresting for guild mates. Problem is... the effort of distributing these items are just too big.

My bank today is almost filled up to the limit with empty implants, tradeskill parts, unfinished weapons. rocks, Instruction Discs/Photon Particles, Nanos for most professions, weapons and other neat stuff sorted in bags in a structured way. I use ALOT of time finding/moving/sorting items. Peope ask for a nano.. I look for it. But im not always online, and I'm not always available. "Damn. He's on vacation this week".

.. the words "Guild Bank"/"Item Bank" appears.

As an extension to the "Guild House" I see another room with terminals for storing items. This may look like the tradskill department in the shops today. Maybe not that many shops, but at least one booth for each profession where nannos and professions specific stuff can be stored. Nanos/weapons/items. An exact copy of the real shop booths is ofcorse the ideal thing here, but it might be too much data to store and performance issues when several people use the booths?

Rules for the item booths :

- Everyone can add items to/view all booth
    - You cannot take items that dont belong to your profession.
    - People with higher ranks may have full access.
    - Tradeskill booths only for some professions? or maybe only persons specificly given acceess? .. or based on you skills?
    - A booth can be "flushed" from items and sold directly to the real store by persons with a specific rank?

An Organisation need to see results?

Organsiations have different aims and interrests. To measure this and create some statistical data might help the organisation to see where they are going. This might aslo be a part of the "Guild House" or just an extension to the guildchat commands.

What can me measured in an org :

- Total amount of credits
    - Total income this week/day/month
    - Archive of vote results and how they change over time.
    - Professions/Members
    - Notum Wars related stuff
    - Number of items currently in each booth + total value

I want to see how these numbers change over time. A graph or just a table.

Quick Summary :

I Guild house _may_ have :

- A regular bank
    - Scan point
    - Booth with statistical data (Or in chat system)
    - Booths for storing different items as described.
    - Meeting room or something like an auditorium
    - Sofas and other nice furnitures.
    - Bar?
    - Other stuff (?)

Ofcourse there are alot of issues around this hole idea, but I'm not planning to list them here. I think at least a mini-version of this concept is needed.

What do you think?
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

*bump* :P
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Nice nice nice. I hope FC dose something like this. Maybe even with our tower. Have the tower be a zone. Yummy!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Super idea. There's even an alley in Entertainment call Guild Houses, why not make use of them?

One issue though, is that something like a Guild House is very close to an apartment in concept, and I bet, in implementation. If they could give us Guild Houses then apartments would be a snap. As they can't even give us working apartments, the chances of something more complex arriving are, sadly, remote.

What's not working about apartments?

They're not very *good*, but they do work.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

This is important

I would like to see these things implemented. I can't believe that FC (Or other MMORPG companies) doesn't value the social aspect alot higher. If people sit around and talk with eachother, they won't be out hunting, getting levels and collecting items all the time.

This leads to people staying in the game for longer, because they won't have achieved level 200, grabbed all the unique stuff etc. as fast as they have today. FC will then have happier players who will stay just for the social aspect.

Another aspect would be the friendship between players. Tradeskills would actually become better because alot more players will be out there collecting items for the special items (Soulfragments, Notum chips etc.).

I don't know if FC have thought about these issues, but it would lead to a happier customer base, which again would lead to more money for funcom.

- Kairalaa

Lightbulb Yee Haw!!

*Bumping*
    Great Idea!!! I seriously hope FC impliments this one.

~*~
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Great post
    A MMORPG need housing, for guilds or just your own place to hang out, decorate etc. Couldnt agree more!

"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."
    Member of the Dragon's Claw - Mercury Dragons

Beach - ".... this is a hospital.... observe silence.... "

That would be great if we could contribute old equipment to a searchable guild bank terminal.

I also like to see a PvP training zone just for guildies. This is a 0% zone where no one loose or win PvP points. Notum Wars is alot about PvP... and Guilds need to test strategies?

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    What's not working about apartments?

They're not very *good*, but they do work.
    For starters, there are two fundamental problems with apartments that would render Guild Houses, as described, impossible.

First, they are restricted to one person only. People have requested this restriction be removed since day one; not a chance. There is no way that a Guild House can be restricted to one person. What has to happen, at a minimum, is that access to the Guild House has to be based on Guild Membership. However, it would also be useful to have non-guild members have access for a number of reasons: to invite your friends over, to have a known place for recruitment to take place, etc. In short, access to the Guild House has to be under the control of the leader of the Guild who decides what sort of access is allowed. This is exactly how apartments should work, but they don't.

Second, apartments are restricted to 10 items. If the guild house is going to have an item bank for members, the 10 item restriction obviously has to go. Some thing if people want to decorate the Guild House. If your guild has more than 10 members, not everyone could even have a chair. Its ridiculous.

Given these basic failures, I don't consider apartments to be working; they're not even alpha test quality.