Thread: SUPER annoying PVP bug!

SUPER annoying PVP bug!

Ok, Im sick of this one. It's driving me nuts:

You're pvping. Lots of people around. You get attacked, beaten up, so you run. Yay! I got away!

Now I can't heal. I can sit on the ground and click my med kit till im blue in the face, I cannot heal. Why? Because someone engaged me 10 mins ago and was unable to kill me.

This is INCREDIBLY irritating. Please fix it. Having to constantly zone in pvp in order to heal is driving me to the brink of insanity.

Snarf!
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

This is not only a problem in pvp, but in pvm as well.

Most of the time, if you run far enough away, the monster will fall back. But sometimes, even though not on your radar, and not within view, you are still unable to equip a yalm or heal.

I assume that in PvP, the problem stems from the fact that the game has no way of knowing if you are still being engaged. In PvM, it knows that after a certain point, the mob "gives up".

In PvP, it probably assumes that the person's not going to "give up" or something like that. It has no idea what you ae thinking, so it assumes that you are still attacking Snarf
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

wana know my biggest pvp bug.

I fight a doc, takes us 5 min for her to kill me. Another guy comes along and with crits kills her in 2 min doing 1/3 the total damage I did. I get the kill.

That is nutz

I have gotten about 3 kills lately just standing around.

*target did not lose enough experience..... blah blah*

Im like WTF.

Now It is all good when it happens to you but ever get into a fight, win and get no message. Hmmm now that sucks.

if that person does not hit escape, or fight someone else snarf, your technically still fighting btw, that is how it happens.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yazule, that sounds like a good feature. You take most of the HP, you get reward. In this situation a bit lame perhaps (not quite sure...) but in big pvp wars, this is the fair way to reward PK's. Imagine a war in 2ho, where one NT stands area nuking just to get the lucky last hits, without actually doing big damage to any enemies. That's more unfair (but I would still love it)

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

no no, I dont think you understand

I get into a fight, I die, fight is over with no more attacking.

15minutes later I am there watching this same person fight someone else, I am not even fighting. The other person wins and I get the reward.

I do think whoever does the most damage in a fight should win the title, but what if I sat there with someone and just fought for 15 min (not killing) before we go out pvping? If I die my friend gets the reward if my friend dies I get it. Now THAT does NOT make sense.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I understand and mostly agree, but I believe this is a side-effect from what I stated, that would be very handy when it comes to group PvP.

I suppose it's not possible to make the game differ between group pvping / wars and 1on1, just as heals are the same in PvP and PvM (which they obviously shouldnt be). You can't have both, so Funcom picks whatever they feel is the best idea.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Re: SUPER annoying PVP bug!

Originally posted by Snarf
    Ok, Im sick of this one. It's driving me nuts:

You're pvping. Lots of people around. You get attacked, beaten up, so you run. Yay! I got away!

Now I can't heal. I can sit on the ground and click my med kit till im blue in the face, I cannot heal. Why? Because someone engaged me 10 mins ago and was unable to kill me.

This is INCREDIBLY irritating. Please fix it. Having to constantly zone in pvp in order to heal is driving me to the brink of insanity.

Snarf!
    I don't understand the point of this.... It works fine... MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY NOT RUNNING FROM A FIGHT!!

I mean you hunt omni's that are trying to level a lot... you've taken more than your fair share of xp from them... and I've noticed lately you've been targetting a particular camp where you and your Level160+ friends can kill a bunch of Lvl90-110 players.... It's sad that you only fight in fights you feel you are guaranteed to win....

How about we just give you a cloak of invincibility and then you can just never lose a fight.... I noticed you fled from the aforementioned camp recently after some level 150 omni's showed up....

Simply if you can't finish a fight... don't start one....

from the tactics I have seen and from what you said is running from the battle... that pure and simple makes you a griefer... because you hunt players many levels below you and then run if you think you might lose.... What's the point of fighting if you can't lose...

Plus... next time you exploit a zone I am going to take screenshots and report you for exploiting..... I hadn't zoned in when YOU ROOTED ME... FUNCOM has directly said this was an exploit... you rooted me which broke the 15 seconds and then Bruise and I think the other guys name was Dragoneye killed me.... It happened in 4 quick hits and there was nothing I could do.... now I should've been able to zone check to see if things were safe... and if not re-enter the safehous (this is how funcom intended it with there 15 second rule)... instead I got your griefing, exploiting sorry self attacking me before I could even completely zone.

You certainly don't have much guts if it takes 3 level 160+ players using exploits to kill me... a level 108 player...

Grow up and quit whining about PvP rules since you abuse them and use griefer tactics.

Snarf camps mission exits?

Sounds like griefing to me

The other day I was killing a MP and he targeted the OT Bartender and I didn't get credit. sux.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

i have some screenshots too u whiney baby trying to hunt aces at level 110.

root
    target in pvp grace cant attack
    root target in pvp grace cant attack
    root target in pvp grace cant attack
    etc etc etc
    root
    attacked by (insert ur name here)

once again the only known exploit to the 15 second rule is performed by soldiers and enforcers. the rest is a server/client issue.

and now that i know there are lowbie groups at the ace camp again snarf will not be the only nt u see killing u lowbies.

ive seen snarf 3 times in RK.... always campin an entrance somewhere

silly muffin