Thread: GREAT idea about how to make Anarchy Online the best it can be.

GREAT idea about how to make Anarchy Online the best it can be.

I think I have a great idea about how everybody can be involved in the making of AO... Let the players decide what is going to be new in AO!

This is how it would work.
    The programmers would make a list of suggestions made by the AO community and themselves, and give an estimate of how much work it would take to complete the project. Lets say that one suggestion is to make templates where people can write information, and pass the words to other players. And another suggestion is to make an insurance form for certain NODROP items, so that if they're lost to a buy, they can be retrieved.

Tradeable Template - 4 days of work
    Insurance forms - 8 days of work
    Capturable territory part 1 - 12 days

Then, the people or Rubi-Ka can vote to which order they would like things to be handled, instead of just voting for 1.

Insurance forms 1st place
    Capturable territory part 1 2nd place
    Tradeable template 3rd place

There would be a page showing what the programmers are working on and when they start certain projects.

Current projects:

Insurance forms - ETA (date)
    Capturable territory part 1 - ETA (date)
    Tradeable template - Estimated Time of Start (date)

Their could be forums attached to each project so that people can give their opinions.

And each month or so, the patch would come out and we would get what we want . Sounds good to me.

BTW, Their would have to be some dedication to fixing bugs of course.

I think they just want us to be invloved in the story...not tell them how to make it.
    Atrox Enforcer

Headcracker

They want us to give them money and I'm leaving; 2 months I'm playing adv, sick of the bugs despite the really nice ambiance between the players and adv life sux "then don't play adv" I WANT to play ADV, not the most uber class or something. My vision of the adv was a ranger, an exotic branch of the fighter class and I'm very far from being the only one with this vision. I know EVERYTHING can't be done at once, but if everybody could get a bit of his share in every patch among the bug fixes and "game improvements" for balance etc -COUGH- I wouldn't bother... But I'm also sick of class LOVE. I know not only the adv's suffer out there, like the fixers and likely the crats; not to count the soldiers. I could give my whole fed up list, but I'm not wasting anytime in here anymore. Time I play another RPG. I'll give FC money again only when things will be fixed; like... in 1 or 2 years... Oh wait, that will let me 1 or 2 years left to play AO... Hahahahaha 4 years then bye bye... Like pay us for 4 years then cya in another game of ours... Nuff said. I'm out of here.

I think the game developers have more experience then us.

Programming isn't easy, ye know.
    And certainly not for an MMORPG.

We play the game,
    they make it.

Why would we bother with making it when we are the PLAYERS?

Originally posted by Johan
    I think the game developers have more experience then us.

Programming isn't easy, ye know.
    And certainly not for an MMORPG.

We play the game,
    they make it.

Why would we bother with making it when we are the PLAYERS?
    The game designers may or may not have more experience than us. But in many cases, they are completely out of touch with what the players want.

Tim

OMG. We PAY for their living. it is a symbiotic relationship, but it doesn't feel like it. I do aggree that they should do what they think is best, but I do also think that the people that play it know the most about what they like/want in the game. Many of us play the game as much as a job. I do selfstudy, which means I can play 7 hours a day every day of the week in the game. In no way do I feel a part of the game. and I don't think any player feels like they are a part of the game. BTW, nothing has happened in the game. some story dungeons and mobs appearing outa nowhere.

Not only would involving the players in development choices make the game better in gameplay, but would make the community more involved, which would make the most hardcore players MUCH MUCH happier. Please tell me what u think ppl. I just want to know what they are doing/thinking.
    Last edited by ODieLag; Jan 13th, 2002 at 01:35:02.

The ONLY great idea Fucom could come up with to save this game:

FIX THE BUGS!!!!!!