Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 13.6 patch notes

hehe...

"The mausser is fast, but does low damage"?
    AHHAHHAHHHAHAHHHAHHAAHHAHAAAAAaaaAaaaahhh..... hrmpf.

/me giggles a last time before his face turns deep red on how IGNORANT some people are, and what they "believe" how things work..
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

Re: hehe...

Originally posted by Teknolord
    "The mausser is fast, but does low damage"?
    AHHAHHAHHHAHAHHHAHHAAHHAHAAAAAaaaAaaaahhh..... hrmpf.

/me giggles a last time before his face turns deep red on how IGNORANT some people are, and what they "believe" how things work..
    Hmm, what do you mean ? The Mausser has low damage, but has medium speed, not fast. I see nothing really wrong in that statement. Maussers suck, period.

Re: Re: hehe...

Originally posted by ImaGideon
    Hmm, what do you mean ? The Mausser has low damage, but has medium speed, not fast. I see nothing really wrong in that statement.
    Attack 1 sec
    Recharge 3 sec.
    Fast gun? Medium speed? No. SLOOOOW..
    Only thing slower would be grenade launchers.
    Hey, as you said, and all said, this is a SUBMACHINE GUN, and they are supposed to be amongst the fastest!

Maussers suck, period.
    Aye, agree on that.
    Last edited by Teknolord; Jan 17th, 2002 at 13:44:34.

Post The patch seems OK! - But no time for some soldier changes soon??

And it is good that the soldier crystal is fixed, among a lot of other crystals. Will the reload bug with guns be fixed? It is often a pain and a suddenly death u meet. when that happends all the time in solo-missions.

And will ther be a patch that brings the soldiers any luck? I can see that this as always is a patch for the most of the other profession, except for the general changes. I have not in my period of 1/2 year seeen any patch that does something new and better life for the soldiers. Is that a resonable reason fior that? I am not so eager to know the players meaning on that issue, but I would have loved to get some answer from the FA.

Aimabel
    Angry and forgotten!!

Originally posted by Tiran
    Nano Pool: ONLY points of nano pool bought with IP do anything. Points of Nano Pool gained from stat dependencies, or from implants, increase NP but do NOT increase Max Nano.
    Added to 13.6.

Originally posted by Spook
    Fix pistols so they are viable weapons.
    New weapons go in all the time. (No, no details. Sorry.)

Re: MPs Morphs

Originally posted by Metawood
    I know everyone thinks MPs are getting to buffed but i mean hey ... they were the worst class for almost 9 months. Now they need to be able to morph into a Demon since Engineers get a morph Slayer. And if other classes are left out for a few months who cares... MPs totally sucked until about 4 months ago.

Wow thats funny... If I recall correctly Metas were alot like engineers until recently. Now they have everything. Heal pets, Stun pets, summon items. And now you want to have the last thing engineers have that you don't? You want the world buddy. Try creating an engineer and playing it to at least level 50 and see how easy you have it now. All the buffs: worthless. No healing, no stun, Engineer pets do less damage than meta pets. No weapon skills. No summon. All you have is AC buffs and you won't have higher AC than an enforcer. I agree that Metas were rough until recently. But shove off. All the pet classes have problems not just metas. And leave Trasferance alone. Otherwise you will destroy the one thing Engies have that you don't.

Re: Re: Re: hehe...

Originally posted by Teknolord

Attack 1 sec
    Recharge 3 sec.
    Fast gun? Medium speed? No. SLOOOOW..
    Only thing slower would be grenade launchers.
    Hey, as you said, and all said, this is a SUBMACHINE GUN, and they are supposed to be amongst the fastest!

Aye, agree on that.
    Preach on brotha! Power to the fixers! (I feel your pain, mains an engie but yeah the streamer does just blow against any higher levels)

The top priority should've been to fix:
    -the team missions
    -the prof balance
    FC MUST balance the profs. But FC should NOT try to improve the balance by nerfing the very few satisfying profs (NT, MP...) or -far worse- by nerfing already unbalanced profs (like forbidding agents to use other profs pets).The only way to balance the game is by IMPROVING the actually nerfed profs (at least: fixers, agents, adventurers, soldiers, MA), certainly not by nerfing some more profs that works better!!!
    STOP NERFING AT ALL COST! A lot of people are really p***ed off about their chars. Please DO SOMETHING, but don't make more people upset, FC.
    Last edited by TahitiBob; Jan 17th, 2002 at 18:37:05.

Originally posted by TahitiBob
    The top priority should've been to fix:
    -the team missions
    -the prof balance
    FC MUST balance the profs. But FC should NOT try to improve the balance by nerfing the very few satisfying profs (NT, MP...) or -far worse- by nerfing already unbalanced profs (like forbidding agents to use other profs pets).The only way to balance the game is by IMPROVING the actually nerfed profs (at least: fixers, agents, adventurers, soldiers, MA), certainly not by nerfing some more profs that works better!!!
    STOP NERFING AT ALL COST! A lot of people are really p***ed off about their chars. Please DO SOMETHING, but don't make more people upset, FC.
    I completely agree with you TahitiBob, but think you, and everyone else posting, should reword what your asking for. FC must not understand what they need to do. WE DO NOT NEED ALLL PROFESSIONS TO BE BALANCED. I don't want a cookie cutter game here. I want all professions to be different. They should all have their distinct advantages and disadvantages. What we have now is disgusting, ie: Doctors being able to beat Soldiers in PvP. That should never happen. If you think what I think youre saying, you want all the professions to be FIXED. As it stands now they are not. Like you said, FC doesn't know how to fix anything, they got lucky with a few of the prof's and made them right. But, now that they don't know how to fix the broken ones, they are breaking the fixed ones so that everything appears to be fixed, but in reality, everything is on the same broken level.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

hmm

first of all, fixers got the grid armor, and any competent fixer has one now. mk2 gives them the ability to solo brigs, so I don't feel too sad about their situation any more.

agents have been screwed over every patch for as long as I dare to remember. Stigma getting better? Well, that means that they didn't write the nerfs in the patch notes. Let me guess, mp pets are gone for agents in the next patch? Not much else they can take away from agents, so I guess that's the nerf. Funcom releasing a patch that doesn't nerf agents, yeah..that will be the day.

I have 0 trust in FC. I haven't played my main activly in a few weeks, instead building other chars. I do so cuz I enjoy playing with the people I play with. I think that the main problem with this game is the company that makes it, and can't support their product. I love the answer I got to a petition..."Yes, that memory leak has been around since the beginning, it just got worse 4-5 patches ago."

Keep up the good work, Funcom. *sarcastic laughter*

I want all profs to have an equal amount of advantages and disavantages. Of course, the nature of these advantages and disavantages is supposed to vary from prof to prof. The pb is that actually lotsa profs are bugged/have unefficient skills (ie: concealment, etc) Some profs have much more good points than others. I just don't want these good points to be supressed, but I want other good points to be added for the other profs.

I don't consider there are "uber" profs. I think there are just some "unter" ones!

My first char is (was?) an agent. I've stopped playing this agent as it became a nerfed prof (I will play it again when -if- fixed). I feel OK with my second char (I won't leave him even if I play again with my first char).
    Actually, I'm not confident in FC because they'll just nerf a bit more agents with the next patch. I am patient anyway. I gave a second chance to FC by starting over with a new char. But If my second char becomes as nerfed one day, I WON'T create a third one. I'll leave, disheartened... and disgusted.
    Last edited by TahitiBob; Jan 17th, 2002 at 20:32:05.

Arrow ...

Originally posted by Merkaba715
    ..., but think you, and everyone else posting, should reword what your asking for. FC must not understand what they need to do. WE DO NOT NEED ALLL PROFESSIONS TO BE BALANCED. I don't want a cookie cutter game here. I want all professions to be different. They should all have their distinct advantages and disadvantages. What we have now is disgusting, ie: Doctors being able to beat Soldiers in PvP. That should never happen. If you think what I think youre saying, you want all the professions to be FIXED. As it stands now they are not. Like you said, FC doesn't know how to fix anything, they got lucky with a few of the prof's and made them right.
    You know, what you say here is kinda thoughtless and probably a bit arrogant.
    This game is entirely built around the fact that you have to level to become more skilled, and the only true way to get enough xp to do so, is killing. In fact, this is a combat game, a quake in the surroundings of a virtual world, boosted with some roleplaying and a storyline. But, nevertheless, it is a combatgame.
    So based upon these small yet important facts, any profession should be able to combat as long as there is no alternative to gain xp is same rate or degree as with killing.
    I welcome other options for some professions, where they, and they alone, could use a profession-specialty to get xp, and would thus use their combat/healing/other abilities to get xp as a supplement to their stuff (this mainly goes for docs, engis and traders)
    So yes, any profession should be able to PvP, and for sure, any profession should be somewhat balanced to be able to do missions.
    Let the only difference be how they kill or win a combat, with use of their specialties!
    Last edited by Teknolord; Jan 17th, 2002 at 20:36:48.

Unhappy Ok, enough is enough

Ok, i read through 4.5 pages, 6 was too much to bear. Forgive me if this was mentioned, but I have still heard NOTHING on the broken ac/dmg system in place (basically making armor irrelevant beyond the min dmg of the mob), and mob HP. So there was a minor fix to the regen in 13.4, o wait, im sorry, it was specifically the engineer and adventurer mobs. So, is the mob HP/regen gonna be fixed? Is the ac/dmg system gonna be looked at? Melee classes are gimped by the ac system. Mobs have such ridiculous ac, that it negates our melee dmg, come on, this is seriously wrong. Look at the dual rider peeps (myself being one of them, and hoping for ip reset to switch to a hammer/beam), cant solo diddly, while my soldier friends do 10k FA's, and 3k bursts. I hate to be negative, but 13.4 this was adressed slightly, and i have seen nothing in th interim, or in this patch mssg. PLEASE RESPOND.

ok lemme apologize again, i know you guys are working hard here, but i really think game mechanics should be first on the list, not minor annoyances, then class balancing. It would fix a lot of the PvM, PvP issues, just make ac relevant.
    Any progress is good, so keep it up guys =)

Re: hmm

Originally posted by Gold
    [B]first of all, fixers got the grid armor, and any competent fixer has one now. mk2 gives them the ability to solo brigs, so I don't feel too sad about their situation any more.
    LOL!
    Yeah, you got that right.. DOH..
    Just by judging your statement, it clearly shows you know little if nothing about fixers.

PS: This IS a flame

Can we get a fix on meele weapons? Specificlly, those tade skill items in stores that are supposed to be able to change the dmg type (to radiation, cold, poision, etc)...

Also, ALL of the 1h edged weapons reciepies don't work past step 3...I would really like to be able to diversify my weapon usage....

On that note, Khemo Tech Washiki's have a unreal multi meele requirement...it's so bad that you would have to be lv 90 with maxed multi meele, and full multi meele implants 20 ql above your level just to use a ql 75 Khemo Tech set of Washki's (They are also only available over ql 70...so you can't buy or make them below that.
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

Maybe I wasn't clear...

Ok ok ok, aybe i wasn't clear in a previous post....

I stated what weapon classes SHOULD BE, not the way they are.

Yes, the Mauser is a WAY slow SMG....here's a fix....hmmm....aaaaa.....DON'T USE IT if you don't like its speed vs damage ratio, you havea selection, albeit the smallest selection of ranged weapons, i think there are even wider selection of Gernade Launchers to choose from, but my point is that you have other weapons to choose from, with specials you must invest your precios IP into. We all have several, almost to many, skills to invest in, this requires forthought and specialization. This means pick your skills wisely, I have seveal skills I choose not to invest in, I don't really see the need in it, and when I need more in a certain skill, like Comp Lit will be my exsample, If i need major Comp Lit to use a new belt or NCU or what not, I might just invest 20k IP into it to bump it instead of putting 5 into rifle and 5 into sence and agi, keeping all my skills maxed, Unless i need it to get into the next weapon or piece of armor, or what ever, then i will invest just enough to get it on, the rest i use to increase that other skill. To me this is playing wise, rather then keeping 20 skills up and maxed every time, I can afford to skip a lvl to increase something a lot i have neglected a while. The way the IP system works is great and well thought for the most part in this game, but the ppl who play, I think are often confused, trying to hard, or not sure of what they are doing. This often leads to over generalizing, rather then specializing. Specializing is the way to go, being a generalist is only going to hurt you in the long run. Please play smart and if you do, then this is not directed at you and don't take offence to it.

second, 1 sec on a mauser, with 3 sec reload is nothig really, for a SMG, it is slow, but don't say that the only thing slower is a gernade launcher, its not-

Shotguns - 1 sec-3.5 sec attack
    1.2 sec-3.5 sec reload

naturally 1 sec is the fasted shotgun, and it does very pissy damage, crap for a shotgun, and no one would use less it is there only choice at the time, or just dumb, and the 1 sec attack time shotgun has 3.5 sec reload and your mausser does much better damage by comparison at same QL.

Rifle - 1sec - 2.6sec attack
    1sec - 2.5sec reload

the rifles, with exception of stigma and Gripo-com, do MUCH lower damage then and equivalent, and often faster Mausser, the Gripo-com rifle is only made up to lvl 50 (and anyone who thinks it's 49, your wrong, i have a lvl 50 Gripo rifle, VERY rare) and Stigma's are Increadibly expencive and hard to find by comparison to the Mausser, all other rifles are either considerable slower or do very poor damage.

Assult - 0.3 sec - 8 sec (8 Sec!!!!!) attack
    0.5 sec - 5sec reload

Assult rifles should be the second fastest ranged, but as you can see, they are not. The assult that does 0.3/0.7 (a/r) does 54 max damage with a 101 crit add at QL 200, your 1/3 sec mausser does 342(250) at QL 200, which would you rather use?

again I state, the mausser is not the only weapon to choose from in the SMG catergory, I have tested various SMG's with my fixer, i find the Gripo-com SMG to be VERY effective and I use it. Over the mauser it does insanely better damge over a period of time, so why are all you fixers so hung up on using a mausser you don't seem to like? Maybe I will understand better if I knew why you all like the Mausser so much, maybe then i can see your side, until then i will continue to feel my side of the story is right. And if you say it is because of IP's, then maybe you should look more into Buffs and specialization to increase IP allocation effecincy. That's why we have such a wide variety of Buffs. But it is your decision to agree or disagree, take from this what you will.

Finally, I seen some one post the stament to the Effect of....A doctor should never beat a Soldier in PvP...Wel I disagree...If the Doctor does nothing but PvP, he will have better skills and be more well prepared to fight even a reguar game only type of player, whether they are enforcer/soldier/agent/fixer/so on and so forth. To simply state that a Doc should never beat a Soldier in PvP is some un-needed/un-warranted Nerfing about to happen and next thing you know, classes with become even more'broken' and unuseable. If you understand that, then please in the future, state that you mean a PvP Doc Vs. PvP soldier. There is a differance between being PvP specific and Game specific.

one last thing...As A class I don't think agents are broken, played right, they are a very viable and strong Class, don't get hung up on the idea we are broke, but some things (my real only one thing to complain about) do need to be revised, like how aimed shot works, I feel it should not be dependant on whether or not the Mob knows you are there or not. my second gripe, but less woried about, DoT's, I would like my agent DoT's to do about 50-100 percent more damage. We should be the second best DoT'ers in the game, only behind Doc's in a small margine. NT's for anyone who thinks a NT should be, should not be, they are nukers, not DoTers, and that is my reaoning for thinking that the Agent should be second best at the DoT.

Hey Teknolord...

a friend of mine lvl111fixer got MK2 today...

He soloed a Lt. col. Borg in Mort...

just ask him

hints "mausser", "160ish", "borrowed"

Originally posted by Beatenblue
    Hey Teknolord...

a friend of mine lvl111fixer got MK2 today...

He soloed a Lt. col. Borg in Mort...

just ask him

hints "mausser", "160ish", "borrowed"
    Hehe the reflect sheild? thats funny I could have sworn that was a soldier........ Hints "Soldier" "NovaFlow" "Not a fixer"

Re: Maybe I wasn't clear...

Assult - 0.3 sec - 8 sec (8 Sec!!!!!) attack
    0.5 sec - 5sec reload

Assult rifles should be the second fastest ranged, but as you can see, they are not. The assult that does 0.3/0.7 (a/r) does 54 max damage with a 101 crit add at QL 200, your 1/3 sec mausser does 342(250) at QL 200, which would you rather use?
    Ummm the 8 second reload asaults do 300 at Q40. Thats why they take 8 seconds to reload. Assaults should not be the second fastest firing gun in the game. Why? Because they do the most damage. Theres a trade off to everything.

Over the mauser it does insanely better damge over a period of time, so why are all you fixers so hung up on using a mausser you don't seem to like? Maybe I will understand better if I knew why you all like the Mausser so much, maybe then i can see your side, until then i will continue to feel my side of the story is right.
    Heres the Jist: The Streamer does Imp/Proj damage. As you are forced into attacking higher and higher level mobs they do less and less damage. Anyone who uses Imp/Proj weapons and is over level 75 knows what I mean (agents not included due to massive crits, although overall damage suffers). There are NO SMGs (barring the one found in teh omni mines) that do anything else and only have two skills. Imp/Proj sucks, give a few more options thats all anyone wants

And if you say it is because of IP's, then maybe you should look more into Buffs and specialization to increase IP allocation effecincy. That's why we have such a wide variety of Buffs. But it is your decision to agree or disagree, take from this what you will.
    Hahahaha Funny! Everyone has IP trouble, Fixers have horrible IP trouble. On PAr with the Engineers. Fixers rely on thier weapons to get things done. And when you are sitting there plinking away for 14 damage you get a little scared. Buffs won't help when you do no damage.

one last thing...As A class I don't think agents are broken, played right, they are a very viable and strong Class, don't get hung up on the idea we are broke, but some things (my real only one thing to complain about) do need to be revised, like how aimed shot works, I feel it should not be dependant on whether or not the Mob knows you are there or not. my second gripe, but less woried about, DoT's, I would like my agent DoT's to do about 50-100 percent more damage. We should be the second best DoT'ers in the game, only behind Doc's in a small margine. NT's for anyone who thinks a NT should be, should not be, they are nukers, not DoTers, and that is my reaoning for thinking that the Agent should be second best at the DoT.
    Yer a funny feller! Agents aren't broken for being too weak, they are stronger than most. The ability to assume professions is insane. Meta pets for healing and tanking. Trader wrangles for higher level weapons. Why do you need a DOT of your own? Use someone elses. Or just quit complaining and try running another profession. I've run every profession to 75. Each one has weaknesses and strengths. What did I learn? Fixers get screwed, Engineers get screwed, and agents have more fun. In order of ease of use here we go:

1. Agent
    2. Meta (past level 25 before then it sucks)
    3. Soldier
    4. Enforcer
    5. Adventurer
    6. Beurocrat
    7. Engineer
    8. Fixer

Why is fixer at the bottom? Well after level 75 you feel worthless, not able to solo a mission. Engineer riding a cool second becuase of HP restraints, no buffs other than ac, and of course my favorite: Bad pet pathing. So if you do feel like filing a complaint saying so and so profession is broken or so and so profession has better weapons. Try being that profession.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast