Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 13.6 patch notes

Heh, its not that docs dont have their problems too, its just there are class issues for other classes also. My guess is went something like this:

Funcom put all the broken classes in a hat (which would be all of them but enforcers) and pulled them out, and thats the order they are fixing them. Metas were obviously first, then crats, then.... You get the idea.

My MA is still waiting for bugs to be corrected that have existed since release. These are bugs that put the MA at a pretty distinct disadvantage. Have they fixed them? Well they knocked one off the very large list this patch with the AoS fix (whether it works and is worth using now, remains to be seen).

The rest sit on someone's todo list with every other classes problems.

Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I put my MA on hold and started an agent... add another class to the list that needs some looking into....

At least my enforcer is fun and viable

I'm happy they put in the japanese stuff. That way they can sell more subscriptions in Japan. Then they can:
    1. Earn more money
    2. Hire more ppl
    3. Fix stuff faster

... or maybe they skip 2 and 3 so the Funcom CEO can buy himself a shiny new car :-)

Unbelievable. We get yet another patch to fix things moving around in our packs. How nice. And as if agents couldn't do enough damage with their overequiped stigmas' you give em poison damage. Whats with the effort put forth for a Japanese font? I don't recall this being a major issue on any of the posting boards. We get all of this after a month or so effort after the last patch. Based on this time line Funcom will get around to the substantial issues about 2004.

Angry Agents

I hope you guys at FC read this. Thank you for finnally changing my stig's damage type... be real nice to get a new rifle that does radiation damage as it is the hardest to get AC's for, i'm not worried about PvP, as i here for the game, not the PvP, although i may branch out later. But the big reason behind this is with tekkor gone and AgentSector.com no longer a runnign site, I must take it upon my self, as every other Agent must and begin fighting for what we want. First thing on my laundry list is AS, or aimed shot if you don't know. In PvP (I been PK'd time and Time again in 25% zones) we can use AS when ever the skill regens and is available, where as against Mob's, I can only use it when I am at the full distance my rifle can shoot from, there for needing range extenders for some rifles, because not all of them reach the 40meter cap, which is where I have to be, even when i am fully buffed and i am firing on a grey mob (been doing tests) My conseal is over 800 buffed, i am also a lvl 80, why the hell can a grey mob see me from 40 meter's? I am asking for AS in fight situations with Mob's and a littel better damage on it, this is mean damage, not a cap increase i want. I am starting to think that you think fixing a problem means increasing capsor doing something that will over all have littel to no effect. I am a fairly well know agent on rubi-1 and well acomplished. I feel that we deserve to get some breaks, and if anyone needs nerfed its the trader, but I don't want to see more overly-extreme nerfing, I want to see balanceing, I don't want more generalizing, I want diversity. When I am on a team, it is usually cause i am well known, and people have come to learn that I am very good at beign an agent, even with everything that has been thrown at me. And the more you nerf me, the more I will bounce back to find a new method of being strong and powerful. When I am on a team, i want to have a porpose, not just a lower class of soldier, which is really my current position on a team. I want my rifle to more powerful, I want weapons classes to be more realistic, how many assult rifles in r/l have a fire time of 12 sec? try none. I know ranged weaponry well in R/l, and can tell you how to fix stats to be realistic, you guys have caused a mass flux to certain weapons in certain classes because of damage or speed or what not, rather then haveing fewer weapons with unique charitoristic for each one, you have created one that everyone wants to use in there proffesion, and the rest clutter up the shelves in the store. So maybe if you guys aren't to stuck on pride you can ask a proffessional how to fix this in way that will be somewhat realistic. Next, i see you have the ability to modify weapons using trade skills slated as a change in future patches, and i am sure it won't be all that usefull at first and you will go through several periods of modification to it, and it will be weak, well, I have thought about that issue to, and have a solution you may like to hear, or not. Now, onto the agent subject again, really, i think that Rifel and Aimed should be green skills, or least Rifle. take sneak and sharp obj away, i don't want either, instead, i think that agents should have better (light green/green) weapon type skills, weapon smithing, mech eng, nano prog (simply cause it is used in making higher lvl rifles) and take chemistry and psychology away, I wasted two much ip in it when i was low thinking I might find out some day what it's for, I did find out what they are good for-eatign up IP when your low lvl and think your going to find out what to use them for when you get higher in lvl. Instead of working on giving us somethign we can do with those skills, how bout you give us something that makes more sense? one last thing, in r/l, who knows his rifel best? cuold it be a sniper? hmmmm..... interesting, don't you think, i guess thats why wpn smith is DARK blue to us....

Don't get me wrong, I am not bitter, frankly I love your game, and i realize, you don't care if I leave or not, which is why I'm not, I am going to stick it out, and fight it out till I see some reaction. As for Tekkor, I respect his valiant attemps to try to make things change for the better, but now that our tank in this battle has gone into stand-by at the insurance terminal, suffering from rez effects, I call upon every agent in the battle field to come to our aid and support us, and every one else for that matter. We must all stand up and fight the MOB that is FC, I, along with countless other agents and any one else who has a friend in-game who is an agent, stand up now and show me you want to see a differance. Tell FC, tell them now before it's to late, tell them we are one, we have a conscienceness and we are not just fools who sit by and re-roll at the first sign of adversity. Join me.

hey rock pit

hey rockpit, I dunno what agent you played, but don't whine cause you got your azz waxed by him, i do crap damage by comparason to anyone else out there. and I don't have any special attack worth a damn. Don't get me nerfed again because you don't know how to play PvP. PvP is about money, over equiping, and knowledge, If you don't know the best way to make your char PvP then don't PvP. Because you wax weaker classes that don't PvP often and then u get waxed by a guy who thrives on PvP, DON'T CRY. and if u do melee damage... don't even think about crying cause you got rooted. The simple fact of the matter is first you took on someone who was more skilled at PvP, just because the was an agent don't fall into the "there so over powered" B-S, we are not, plain and simple, you make one and play hime post lvl 20 and then you will start to see the higher lvl you got, the more weak and less important to a group you are. that why so many agents turn to PvP after lvl 50 or so, and if he's under lvl 50, he was prolly a proffesional PvPer, and any proffessional PvPer will beat the livving **** out of a non-PvP specific char. Its a numbers game, that all PvP is, maxing out your weapon, armour, and imps to take and deal the most damage. And obviously, your not in the catagory to win, so suck it up, choose a side, PvP or Game Play, you can't effectively do both.

Re: MPs Morphs

Originally posted by Metawood
    I know everyone thinks MPs are getting to buffed but i mean hey ... they were the worst class for almost 9 months. Now they need to be able to morph into a Demon since Engineers get a morph Slayer. And if other classes are left out for a few months who cares... MPs totally sucked until about 4 months ago.

Sure, why not, just don't complain about it having stats like this though:

+300 Grenade skill

+150 chemical/radiation AC

to tomasin

I hope I got your name right. I am glad to see your port about the agent, you have joined what I have been for so long. An Agent. Now you too can feel my pain. And for all the other classes, I have played many other classes and feel some pain for them, but none of them seem to be as broken as the agent, the MA's minimum damage deal vs. ppl mob's sux (I have an MA too) and that shoudl be on the top of there list, as that is a real problem, second should be straigtening agents out, not just because I am one, i may be a bit biased, but I also have played enough other char. to know that agents need a lot of work that has been avoided for quite some time. It would not be so bad if they told us that we will get to it, this is some fixes we have in mind expect to see them in next 2-3 patches, instead we get ummmmm.....we think that one day we might look into it, but in the mean time, here is our nerfs, you'll see them in the next 4-5 patches, while we make everyone else stronger. They seem to take a poll of what we want the most and want the least fixed and fix the one that need fixed least first while nerfing what we want fixed more. I think that in each patch they should fix one thing for everyone, and not the things we don't care about. Also, i would like something to help de-aggro my azz sometimes, it sux when i get hit for massive damage, and no one likes that, reguardless of profession.

One thing that strikes me about most of the people who moan about their class being "broken" is that (imho) they just are not getting the most out of that class.

There are fixers moaning that their maussers dont do enough damage (Noone said you had to use a pure SMG/Burst just because those are your cheapest skills)

Tank classes moaning that their ql6 aggression enhancer doesnt have any affect on the level 100+ mobs they are fighting (and therefore why should they raise psychology and equip one properly)

Docs complaining that they get aggroed all the time (thats the fault of the tanks in the team, docs stop blaming funcom and blame that enforcer/soldier for not raising psychology)

NTs saying they cant solo greys (Whos idea of tactics is cast their nuke and let the mob hit them until they (the NT) die)

Agents complaining they dont have nanos of their own (No, you only have almost all the other nanos in existence) and also that Rifle/AS weapons arnt good enough (Who said you could only use pure Rifle/AS?)

I could go on, basically summarising the complaints from every profession board, but I wont. I am not saying there are no bugs, or that the classes are perfectly balanced (perfect balance is impossible anyway) and some classes have valid complaints (MAs in particular are very buggy)

I guess what I am saying is when you make a character in AO, use a little originality rather than follow the crowd down the most obvious path (and then moan that it doesnt work)

You choose your own path.

I have played most professions and have a pretty good idea how things work before anyone accuses me of not having played X.

And now im going to go and hide in my flame proof bunker.
    C.M.O.T. Raymote - Loyal (They pay better) OmniTek Trader
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

Good fixes, although Soldiers still need more loving please.

Hell some more guns that don't look like 2 pipes stuck together with glue and that are actually used by players would be nice!

*tap* *tap* *feedback whine* err is this thing on??
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

Apethetik, people like you are so annoying. You know nothing about my character, how I play, how long I've played or how experienced I am a PvP. But you can go into an entire disertation about what a rube I am because I complain about an agents damage. Where in my post did I say that I'm getting waxed in PvP by agents? All anyone has to do is group with an agent to see the damage. Watch them fire off that aimed shot on a pulled mob and see that hit point bar drop to half. Compared to my fixer ... well no comparison. Any fixers out there who think they can keep up with an agent's damage, let me know. Compared to my solder .. yeah I can drop the mob down pretty good too with an alpha strike from a Flashpoint. But the recycle time is agonizingly slow compared to aimed shot. And just so you'll know for next time, I know all about implants, buffs, overequiping and how much money it takes. So now we have agents who can do as much damage as soldier's alpha strike AND a much faster recycle time AND NOW poison damage. While we're at it, lets make every ability and skill green for agents. My personal belief is that the overwhelming volume of agent whinning is the single greatest cause for the nerfing and underdeveloping of other classes.

Hi,

I'm a doc and I agree that we seriously need loving.

If with this patch the extreme aggro is fixed, I'm more then happy

The med suit (at least mine) was working fine (mibby it was prepatch 13.4, I don't know) so I'm kinda puzzled on that one, on the whole I think FunCom have done their best to make this patch as complete as they could in a month time. Thanks FC.

There is only 1 major flaw in this patch. Where is my doctor's hat??

GreetingZz
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

PS: Regarding the agents damage increase and poison (disease I take it, there is no poison AC) damage. This might make their damage too Uber. Agents in my guild already crit way over 2000 easy (lots more on higher levels) imagine with a weapon that does more damage AND deals the least protected AC in the game. Agents might have to look very good if they want people to still follow them into the arena.

From a non-pvp perspective: I luv it ) Agents on occasion help me with my tough missions and this will make it a lot easier, especially against those healthy mobs

Soldiers will get there fix, don't worry, be patient. I still am just be ahppy with every miprovement you get instead of pointing out the ones you didn't get. Writing code is more difficult then just reading the read-out from 2 patches back and changing it back. These things have consequences.

GreetingZz
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Lots of great stuff in this patch! I can't wait.

A special thanks and applause for adding more backpacks to the game, it is too hard to organize and sort inventory with only the 5 types we have now. This is really a boon for the trade skills people, but also badly needed by just about any player that wants to collect a lot of goodies and hopes to be able to find a particular thing in a reasonable amount of time.

I do hope that soon someone up there will have time to work on making the weaponcraft trade skill work properly soon since many if not most of the weapons we have instruction books for cannot actually be built.

I'm very happy with the progress being made in implementing more trade skills. They aren't as useful as I'd like but someday I do think they will all be solid and useful.

Rockpitt...
    That thing you say about the agents dropping half the mobs healthbar happens once in every 10-20 shots... most of the other times you get a 1K-2K AS dmg... and yes I use a Ranee rifle/shotty hybrid, resently moved to pure shotgun (home defender) oki the damage is a bit less but it holds 20+ rounds. and the crits are just amazing!!

Just because you witnessed it once doesn't mean it happens every single time we put out an AS.

One reason you get so worked up about those high AS shots is because the only time you'd notice a AS is when it "moves half the healthbar" those other ten times it doesn't even make a dent in the healthbar.

But guys stop playing those gimped classes start a MP, Trader or Enforcer.
    Look at the enforcer board...
    My little enforcer just got a ql33 Warblade equipped at lvl 22 and I'm still waltzing through greens and oranges (because low level mobs are actually playable [think FC could fix this soon])

Madhi: Have you seen a Waltzing Queen shotgun crit yet... bet you haven't... 2K crits are just peanuts compared to that shotgun

I don't know where you got the impression, Beatenblue, I that I've only seen it once. Why would I bother to post about agent damage if I'd only seen one lucky shot? I think the general impression ...... sigh, nevermind.

Hi Everybody! I just want to post my humble opinion.

I wont go into discussions like "this and that is bugged, we are nerfed, love this hate that..." etc. But what I want to say is:

Why do everybody compare 'balancing' and 'fixing' of professions with those professions' ability to solo deep reds? I.E.:
    After the Metas were balanced and fixed, I have read a lot of posts about the fix and how people react to the patch etc. Now the 'standard' comment about metas is "one of the few professions you can solo your way up to lvl 100++"..

And sure - it is true imho that metas CAN solo deep reds all the way to lvl 100. I have played a meta up to lvl 52, but then I found it boooooring! I would get more xp by soloing than grouping.. So levelling would actually go faster by soloing.. On a whole that is.

When I read posts like " I still wander around killing greens and oranges because those are the only things that wont kill me " then I would suggest that you group! It is A LOT of fun grouping, and I cant see WHY anyone would prefer to solo at all. Sure getting a level or two on your own once in a while is fun too, but not going 50 levels on your own! Trust me - I did it. I went from level 1 to 10 in one day with my mp, from 10-20 the next day - and from 20-34 the day after that. Then I found out that I have no life...
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

So I guess i read betwen the lines to much

Well I guess I did read between the lines to much, sorry, but all I ever here is that agents are too powerfull in PvP because they die to them when they really aren't PvP players, I do apologize, and I would like an apology for calling me annoying, I really don't feel that I am, but none the less you are entitled to your opinion. I am an agetn and I know the trick of the trade and most Agent I know who do serious damage use lovemakers, which are half shotgun. My best AS ever was 2780, which was 1/4 of the total of the Mob, My averageAS is 900 or so, which don't even scratch the surface of the Mob's HP. My average shot with a 133 tsak is 200-230ish with anything form 20-340 hits. while the other members in my group are doing average damage of 300-400, 1k fling, 1k-1.2k brawl, 900-1k burst, my AS does prety good damage, yes, but can only use once per fight, where as everone else gets 2-3 of there specials off, and when i hit my 2780 AS, i got insta-aggroed and died, but i don't complain about that, i hit that mob nice and hard, and should have gotten aggro'ed.

Now too anyone out there that complains about ther mauser not dealing enough damage, don't. I guess you don't realise this, but you are using SMG-sub MACHINE GUN, they are about speed, not massive damage, if you want massive damage, use a shotgun. Who ever said that i don't need to use a rifle....well let me put it this way, If i wanted to use a differant weapon, I would be a differant proffession, but see, I like rifles, and i like agents, My biggest grip about the rifle is the way that AS works, I should be able to use in fights not just at the begining....If I can get it off, at lvl 80 it is a major pain to try and get it off then at trying to use at lvl 15-30, It was fairly easy in those days.

Now my fixer I use the gripo, never tried a mausser, but my gripo has burst an FA, and i think FLing, but not sure, at any rate, its fast, does good damage and has plenty of special attack that make it very effective weapon, yet not a single fixer i have met yet has ever tried one.

Well, thats all i got to say right now, I ain't trying to be bitshy, but I have been up for 27 hrs, I was up 12 hrs before i wrote my other posts, and I am angery cause half my guild mates are leaving or taking an extended hiatus from playing. I understand we are mostly all broke, I have learned to overcome, but just want a few simple changes. And tired of hearing others complain about agents, If we all ganged up on your class and you got nerfed to hell, then FC was making you feel entirely like they don't care, you would understand how I feel, but on the same token, you may know exactly how I feel, and if you do, please don't attack me, we are on the same side, just looking out for our own proffesions best interests.

To beatenblue

I am an agent and have teamed with many agents before hwo use Lovemakers, and LM's do deal SERIOUS damage as described within rock pits post because regaurdless of the lvl agent i have run into the LM they have on is usually a 174 or 176 and it does a 4k AS most every time, and AS crit which isn't as often, but happens regular with any shot/other type weapon crits more often just do to the shotgun effect, so they do have the capability described by rockpitt. Me, i don't wish to place IP into the old shotgun catergory. I use strictly rifle AS combo weapons, therefore I am at a disadvantage to the shot/rifle/as guys. I think it boils down to personal preferance and thinking realisticly about what kind of weapon you use, and the advantage you get from that type of weapon. If you use:

Rifle- slow/good dam

SMG-fastest/low damage

Assult-Med speed/med damge

Gernade-ultra slow/ultra high damage

shot-low damage/insane crit/slow

pistols-vary entirely, should have full variety

Now, the real complaint should not be placed on another clas, but on whether or not your weapon does what is should do realisticly, If you are not satisfied with the current weapon you have, research and experament with other weapons in that type, if you are still not satisfied, tell FC to change the weapon, not a differant class then you to make you more effective. Rather then pointing blame, try to fix, or atleast identify the problem with what your doing wrong, if it is out of your hands and you can overcome it via implants, buffes, differant weapons or ect. then complaint to FC about that problem. I do not tell FC that someone else who has it better then me to my him as fukked up as me, i want to offer suggestion to fix my situation, I have yet to really se anyone address ther personal char's situation, mearly you all seem to attack FC and other proffessions. This is naturally my opinion, and please, leave the name calling and personal opinion of ME out of the forum, i think its unprofessional, and not quite adult-like, but admit at times i can complain and not be adult-like myself, i am not saying i am perfect by any means here, just leave the name calling out of it, but if you must, your not gonna hurt my feeling, mearly look less and less intellegent to me. but as I said, its all my opinion. And again, I apologize, i read to much into what you wrote rockpitt

Exclamation MA Weapons

I know Cozmic has given promise of a little love for the MA class, but not for this patch, and he didn't know in which patch they would be (see http://www.thepunchingbag.net).

I've read most of this thread and the many posts about this class i worse than that one, and so on and so forth, and I've also read messages stating that what makes a class bad is usually bad weapons. By heavily overequip the right kind of weapon you can be über in almost any class (I said 'almost'!).

As a MA I'm not supposed to equip any weapons as my fists and legs are deadly weapons themself. Yeah right! Today most successful MA's run around with hammers. Imaginge Bruce Lee with a big fu***ng hammer ...errr, wrong, ...powering down ....

The MA weapons are a nightmare - most doing less damage than fists and many making Brawl (which is our attack No. 1) unusable. We need some love, and we need it now.

=> FC
    You should look into a methodology called eXtreme Programming! It makes use of short release cycles, automated testing, and test first programming! It's great and makes bugs easily and rapidly fixable, and it focuses on customer demands

Re: MA Weapons

[i]

=> FC
    You should look into a methodology called eXtreme Programming! It makes use of short release cycles, automated testing, and test first programming! It's great and makes bugs easily and rapidly fixable, and it focuses on customer demands [/B]
    Ur talking about FC here, they probably have 10 Chinese dudes in a warehouse, paying them $2 bux per hour working 16 hour days to get this budget game running. No wonder nothing works!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast