Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary 13.6 patch notes

Preliminary 13.6 patch notes

Preliminary patch notes version 13.6
    Inventory Changes:
    Items in your inventory should now stay in the position you placed them, even if you zone or log out. (Third time's a charm!)

Mission Changes:
    On certain settings (Bad/Money) you would occasionally get only 2 missions to choose from instead of 5. This should now be fixed.

Item Changes:
    All Hacked Symbiografts should now work.

Trimmers: The feedback in the chat window when using trimmers on robot pets has been corrected.

All Omni-Med Uniforms should now give the bonus listed in the item description. Hellllooooo Nurse!

Attack of the Snake should now work properly, even when the item has a Quality Level over 100.

"Rubi-Ka World Collectables" now use their proper icons.

Reflect Bracelets should now work. The reason they didn't work was a missing stat.

Tank Armours will no longer turn black/brown/worn after zoning - They will keep their orginal colours.

Auto Targeting Computers (for Ranged Weapon Tradeskills) were in the incorrect booth. They've been moved from the Melee parts booth to the Ranged booth. Lazy shopkeepers!

The damage type of the Stigma Rifle has been changed from projectile to poison, to reflect the description it has had all along, "The Stigma Rifle is a well-known rifle, as it is outlawed in most areas of the galaxy. It fires a small stream of poisonous gas, flaring up on impact."

Ring of Luck - Defensive now adds to your defensive skill (it added to offensive instead).

There are more kinds of backpacks now! -w00t!-

The "Kalinkalov Mz-99" had "brawl" as a requirement. We don't have support for brawling with ranged weapons, so we've removed "brawl" from this Assault Rifle.

The description on damage increasing items has been fixed. Previously it stated that this was a % increased, which was wrong. It is a straight increase, not a %. ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT A NERF. The way the items operate has not changed in any manner, only the description of the items was fixed.

Chat Changes:
    JAPANESE CHAT- INFORMATION

From patch 13.6 there is support for Japanese characters and input methods in the in-game chat. First and foremost it supports Windows 2k and XP. Win95\98 will follow shortly.

This adds several new elements to the user interface for Japanese users.

There are two new hotkeys that are used to toggle between Japanese and English input.

To switch from English to Japanese, you hit CTRL-I. To toggle between Hiragana and Katakana conversion mode you hit CTRL-K.

There are some restrictions however:

In public channels (vicinity, shopping, seeking team, OOC clan, Omni, Neutral) you MUST tick the check-box to be able to both receive and send Japanese messages. If you do NOT tick this box, which can be found in the Misc options menu, you will neither receive nor be able to send Japanese text messages. The reason for this is to avoid "spamming" to English speaking players who can't understand the char-set.

The Japanese channel only works within the playfield you're in, for further distances you must still use /tell.

You can not use Japanese characters in names

The font which is used by the chat-window is now user-configurable. This allows Japanese players to select a font that supports Japanese characters (the default font does NOT). As an added feature for all languages, it allows all players to change both the font and the font-size in the chat-window. The font can be configured from the settings-panel in the launcher.

NOTE: I.e. /tell, /me, /macro etc. must still be written in English, the message afterwards can be written in Japanese. If you are not allowed to write Japanese, you will receive an error message.

Chat will no longer be spammed when leaving the Grid.

Grid Terminals will now let you know when you do not meet the skill requirements.

You will not get an appropriate message when trying to trade with a character already in trade.

Nano Changes:
    Adjusted how NPCs react to "Healing over Time" nano programs. This change should make the life of Doctors a little easier.

It is now possible to upload the nano program "Aggressive Captivation."

Several Nano Programs with stunning effects did not work properly, they now do:

Curse of Chronos

Neural Stunner (NT)

Tight Embrace (BC)

Living Embalmment (BC)

Flash Coma (BC)

Confining Bonds (BC)

Chains of Iron (BC)

Death's Gaze (AG)

The stun segments of the following direct-damage nanos were also fixed:

Thunderous Blow (NT)

Furious Assault (NT)

Electrifying Containment (NT)

The "Thought Juggler" nano is now possible to execute.

Bureaucrat Fix: The remainder of the bureaucrat's speech nanos have been added.

Projectile Magnet nano program has been fixed: The crystal and nano had different skills and requirements.

Team Terrain Knowledge and Team Free Movement had a problem and now affect all members in the team as intended.

Team Skill Wrangler (Superior) didn't process the buff aspect at all, now it does.

Engineer: Trap artifice will now stack with crowbar subtlety.

Personal Grid Beacon nano was missing the nano points cost stat.

The duration of Quivering Wreck was too short. It has now been set to 29 seconds.

Engineer's buff and debuff auras were in the same stacking line. This has been changed so that the engineer can have 1 buff and 1 debuff aura going at the same time.

The martial artist controlled destruction nanos (Crash of Thunder, etc) no longer debuff nano skills for 2 minutes. They now debuff for 15 or 20 seconds. The recharge delay on these nanos was also reduced accordingly.

Playfield Changes:
    New static dungeons: Smuggler's Den and Camelot Castle!

Fixed a Reclaim Terminal in Andromeda.

Some trees in Clon**** were floating in mid-air. They are now firmly placed on the ground, as trees usually are.

Carbon rich rocks can now be found in certain playfields.

General Changes:
    Fixed a number of spelling errors.

Slightly changed the way the stationary automated surgery clinic places the treatment buff on you. It now does this as a hostile nano (both so you cannot remove it manually and also so it does not take any NCU space). The effect still only lasts for 5 minutes, and is still removed when you zone. This was done to once and for all stop the ability to stack the treatment buff by cheating. The way it works has not changed in any other way.

Also fixed a bug where if you used the clinic with exactly 300 credits it wasn't working correctly.

Cosmik says: Thanks to Tomasin for posting this

"You will not get an appropriate message when trying to trade with a character already in trade. "

Will we be getting an inappropriate message, then? Sounds cool.

Oh ... and I wonder if those Agents will like that little blurb about the Stigma. How's everybody's Poison AC doing these days? Good for them! They can use it.

Lets give FC some applause...that is one hell of a patch
    Atrox Enforcer

Headcracker

Not if you are a Fixer. Still no love and now I can't even use my HoT as a taunt anymore. Just great.

Hey havn't they been working on those new Grid looks for like... forever. Not that I really care how I look for the total of 5 minutes every 2 hours I spend in the grid, but since it is the only thing listed that they say they are working on for us, I'd like to see a little progress.

As I recall, the patches alternate between bug-fix and content. If this is supposed to be the bug-fix cycle, it's a hell of a patch. A little bit of love for almost every profession that could use it AND two new dungeons on top of fixes for many of the annoying things that have been around forever and a major exploit fix to boot.

It'll make waiting for the next content patch a little more enjoyable.

Re: Preliminary patch notes (where are you Cos?) :)

Originally posted by Tomasin
    The damage type of the Stigma Rifle has been changed from projectile to poison, to reflect the description it has had all along, "The Stigma Rifle is a well-known rifle, as it is outlawed in most areas of the galaxy. It fires a small stream of poisonous gas, flaring up on impact."
    OMG ... [faints]
    Nano Changes:
    Adjusted how NPCs react to "Healing over Time" nano programs. This change should make the life of Doctors a little easier.
    [faint #2]

Wow, I can kick my doc out of her monster part makin' shack and send her back into combat!

(I assume this fixes the situation where you cast a team hp buff, somebody aggro multiple mobs, your team buff ticks and heals the puller, and everything turns on the doc)

W00t

W00T

W00TW00TW00000T!

These changes come onto test when? Inside source said today but that doesn't seam likely as the day almost over...

Tomorrow?

(2 new dungeons W00T!)
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Argh!

Even if the dungeons are nice I'm starting to have a problem here. I still haven't been very much to the OT mine dungeon or SoM wich are the best dungeons and now I get 2 more dungeons to explore.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

i know this not the right place but i cantgethelp elsewhere can anyone tell me static duengon cords and levs they are i dontknow where any are

great

agents who outdamage me by about 2:1 are getting a buff to one of their favorite weapons, i get jack, as usual.

great, what a fantastic patch.

sarcasm aside, it is a good patch, two new dungeons, cool... bug fixes, an easier life for docs, reflection braclets being fixed, all good stuff. well done fc.

/me gathers in the corner with the fixers and starts to wait for the next patch...
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Question is that all?

What about adventurer morps? did ya fix the sit/stand bug? what about the size issue when in missions. What about the morph graphic bugs...reets w/helmets? anything for us?

...why are we always left out of all patchs? wonder what else will be f%&$ed up?

w00t?? how is this patch that good? they changed bugs that dont seem like they would take that long to fix. they have not had a patch for like what 1 month+ and this is the best patch? its not even on test server! that means we will get it end of this month! then another month+ till next patch? Seems like a long time for a patch that should of been out long ago. Im not saying this patch isnt bad, im just saying its not as good as i thought it was gonna be after 1 month of waiting.

As u might guess, im a fixer

-Stimmed Out

23rd, Stimmed. Hardly at the end of the month.

But yes, I was a bit puzzled that they put down so much energy on the japaneze font system.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Great !

Very happy to read that post about the new patch !
    Looks very cool. Keep on that way.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

I think its good. Especially the stigma thing. And I have 550 Poison AC.

Yes, I'm gonna have to find some new armor :P But all in all, it's a good looking patch. It's not the ultimate patch, but its all positives.

Well, they don't mention that the new font system is probably part of the 'make color codes not work, as far as anyone but YOU seeing them.' fix. <grin>

Anyone expecting a lot of whimpering guilds who just had to use 'cute' colored names, and might find them badly broken once this (or whatever) patch hits?

Originally posted by Tiran
    You will not get an appropriate message when trying to trade with a character already in trade.
    Oups! That's supposed to be a now, not a not, I believe. I'll notify the web guys.

So, "You will now get an appropriate message when trying to trade with a character already in trade."

Cz

w00t

Cz , what about the kami pet please ..

i havent seen a engi waste ips on trapartifice yet ..

Level for the new static dungeons?

Excellent patch FC!

I would like some hint to what level range the new static dungeon is for.

As a doc over lvl 100 I find that there isn't that much to do besides missions and I hope these new dungeons will be for higher levels - are they?

I'm sure you know about the poor highlevel content in AO right now and I'm sure you will take care of this eventually but a bit more information of your ideas for the future would be nice.

Thanks!

yet another stupid patch.

ok all the bug fixes are in a way good of course, on the other side they should never been there in the first place. They have worked 1 month or so on this patch(?) and this is all they managed to do, lame.

Why the hell do they put down so much work on jap chat. Sure might be nice for the japs, but hey... there are a lot more important things to fix first. Like for how long do we have to wait for FC to fix the Take It easy/please wait bug. (or the bug the keeps u from using kits.) I hate to see when my team(or my self ) is nearly dying and all I can do is watch. (If it's so hard for FC-programmers to keep track of a couple of variables then just change the code as is was back in 12.5 and change the weapons so they only have attack time (attack + old recharge) and 0 recharge, might not be so realistic, but working at least.)

And not even an attemp to balance the prof?

Whatever u did in last patch to create all those annoying graphical bugs, have it been fixed(besides tank armor)? Do u still get stuck in planes?

But I guess I shouldn't complain when we get colored backpaks

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast