Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clan / Omni

Re: PvP Conflict

Originally posted by Vertigo1
    I think part of the problem is the 2 styles of pvp, clanners are much more out for blood as far as I can see, Omni are looking more for the 1v1 test of skills. I have been in many battles in 2ho and MMD, when the omni start to win the clanners start showing up by the dozens and lvl 125+ start teaming with lvl 50's and 60's throwing the fight way off balance. I was in 2ho just the other day trying to kill a freshman clan agent, who just happend to be teamed with a 130 clan doc, the agent was yellow to me at lvl 67 as I am 68 now, I couldent kill him fast enough before the doc had him to full again, taking the fun out of the whole fight. Fact of the matter is if you keep some honor and integrity in pvp I think more people will want to try it and maybe even like it. Keeping a war going constantly in 2ho or MMD I think would be great fun, not to worry about titles just to go and have some good ole fashion pvp fun!

-Vertigo1

lemme guess, your OT right?

from what I see clanners call OT grid campers and gankers and OT call clanners the same.

Seems to me that both sides have their fair share of ganking and whatnot, your just biased because you get ganked by clanners.

just my take on it, i hear both sides complaining about the same thing

and I see both sides standing around the grid at different times doing exactly what they complain about.

You are right there ARE two styles of pvp, but has nothing do do with what side your on, has to do with the individuals.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I agree that it would be more fun if it was a bit more even (talking about RK2). PvP is totally clan dominated at high level, 2HO is more like a clan patrol zone than an Omni outpost.

The very few times there are a couple of high level clanners fighting a couple of high level omnis in 2HO it doesn't take more than a few minutes before the entire place is flooded by medium-to-high level clanners, the omnis make a suicide attack, and the fun is over. RK2 is really in need of more high level Omnis.

Smile pvp fun

pvp has been a constant learning process since lvl 100 for me, but probably more fun than a purely game challenge is the socializing with the people I meet in pvp. While OOC most high lvl ppl I meet are really nice

*still is nice enough to say Hi to snarf and co. when they come visiting the Ace Camp*

- Pattipat, Omni 118 enf, RK1

PvP

Yer right I an Omni, and I would be lying if I said I wasent bias, I only call it the way I see it. There is no such thing is grid camping, you have 15 seconds to get yer butt back in the grid if you dont then well you deserve what you get. I havent been "ganked" by a clanner either so dont think I am writing this cause I am bitter about being killed in pvp. I pvp enough to take my losses respectably, others I cant say the same for. I would like to see it that teams cannot pvp, or atleast cannot pvp while people more then double yer own lvl can group with you, this defeats the fun of it.

-Vertigo1

1) there are exploits to get around the 15 seconds

but even with the 15 seconds

2) camping is sitting around an area waiting for something you want to fight to "spawn". Just because you get 15 seconds does not mean that 5-20 people standing around a grid waiting for an oppoent to "spawn" is not camping. There is no more grid ganking, that is a fact.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

im still amused when im lvl 77 and some lvl 166 soldier comes and blasts me and starts wit the 1 0wn j00 routine..

is it just me or is after lvl 75 being able to get raped by lvl 200's kinda.. obscene

1 on 1 pvp is way more fun... but this is a war after all

Thumbs down

in my clan i am the oldest and i am 17. most range from 27 and up i belive. i think its not a matter of age, but a matter of what u want to do. the reason i joined the clans is because i like being the "underdog" in most situations. and i dont brag about playing mmorpgs and "owning joo" because i dont have any rl friends who play mmorpgs.
    Riotox Solitus Martial Artist
    Riotx Solitus Soldier
    Proud member of Lifeless Immortallity

Killin is my buisness ladies, and buisness is good -- Major Payne

Question?

With the new dungen being somewhat a pvp zone . How would avalon be as a pvp zone. THis might draw higher level players away from 2h0. It seems to have the same general items as 2h0. A wompa for oneside and a grid for the other. Just a thought .

With the new dungen being somewhat a pvp zone . How would avalon be as a pvp zone. THis might draw higher level players away from 2h0. It seems to have the same general items as 2h0. A wompa for oneside and a grid for the other. Just a thought .
    Kind of like broken shores is now?

Just a thought
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

well ..

I have never really seen anyone there that i could attack .
    Maybe the dungen would attract people.

Originally posted by Riot
    in my clan i am the oldest and i am 17. most range from 27 and up i belive. i think its not a matter of age, but a matter of what u want to do. the reason i joined the clans is because i like being the "underdog" in most situations. and i dont brag about playing mmorpgs and "owning joo" because i dont have any rl friends who play mmorpgs.
    Hmz, clans isn't really underdogs on either of the dimensions, they are actually quite alot the strongest side.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

Re: Here's my opinion why

Originally posted by whiteaw
    I posted this in another thread on the agent board about someone asking the same questions. Just my (and many others) general outlook on the imbalance.

Any given day you can go to 2ho and see tons of lvl 150+ Apprentice clanners, while High lvl omni pvp'ers are more rare. I have a theory shared by many on this issue:

- Omni players in my experience and from talking to others (on average) are older, almost everyone I know on AO, all my omni hunting friends, have families, kids, wives, etc. Also Omni is a structured corporation with strict rules, which is something Older people can relate to, stability in sacfirice for some personal liberties. This is something that younger players don't like, they want to be bad-ass rebel players who hate structure (generally). Most of the older omni players have to work 8 hours a day and usually have lots to deal with, so they don't like wasting their free time overtwinking constantly and shouting "i 0wnz j00" over the corpse of another player, they play to enjoy the social atmosphere and hunt with friends.

- Clanners from what I can tell (on average) are younger players maybe 12-18 or so, who are looking to do what most teenage players on MMORPGs do - PVP. Running around spending 8 hours a day online twinking out their characters just to kill everyone they see and spout childish insults at them or brag to fellow teenage friends about how many "n00b suckers" they "r0xx0red" tonight.

This is speculation backed up by a fair bit of reasearch and polling on player's ages and by viewing their maturity level in-game. No offense to either side, Im sure there are tons of middle-aged clanners with stedy jobs, wo just play for fun, and tons of omni kiddie grifers, but the majority i think, are as I outlined for both sides. This is why you see more clanner pvpers and more rich omni (older people with jobs can affoard to spend money on ebay creds a lot, trust me).
    I think you are very wrong here, OT also have alot of high lvls, and one of the reason you don't see them often in 2ho can be cuz many grid in, alpha strike and grid out, but most clanners get together and grid in and stay around grid and wait for omnis,we are close to grid for 3 reasons, 1) no guards that attack us, 2) omnis have a chance to whompa in and can come to grid, 3) No zone very close so you have to fight til you die or run(clanners are also pretty good at zoning, so it's not only omnis that do that)

About the age I also think you are very wrong, When I was leader of Revolution we had over 100 diffrent members, all lvl 100+ and our age req were 17+ years, maybe some were lower but everyone were mature (else they didn't stay in guild very long)

I'm 23 myself, working as a computer consultant
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12