Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP in the month of November

PvP in the month of November

I am totally beside myself how dead PvP has been these last couple weeks, and I expect it will stay this way until Notum Wars comes out.

Is the reason because so many people are Beta testing Notum Wars? I certainly hope so, because this lack of activity is making myself and many other guild members a little loopy.

Come on guys. 2ho is a ghost town and has been for a few weeks. Camelot is a joke, I haven't seen more than 3 or 4 Omni at once in any playfield recently. I've seen maybe a total of 10 Omni at the arenas in the last week or two. Get out here and play!

It sounds silly, but it's becoming almost tiresome sitting around with nobody to fight. A lot of my guildies are feeling the same way and its becoming a chore to find things to do to kill time. We're very PvP oriented and we're going to cry if this keeps up Log out of Beta and log into the live servers already. Lets go, you can do it </whine>

Had something going the other night, but the clans couldnt get 5:1 odds, so they went to camp lowbies at MMD grid
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

All they need to do is implement a profession change tool. Then, after we all can switch to Traders, we can PvP again!

Originally posted by Hermy
    Had something going the other night, but the clans couldnt get 5:1 odds, so they went to camp lowbies at MMD grid

Interesting. I see individual clanners and maybe pairs of them in 2h0 all the time. Only time I see any kid who plays omni in 2h0 is when 20 of them zone in at once. How odd.

Originally posted by Hermy
    Yeah, and you were there because you did have the 5:1
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Highjack
    Interesting. I see individual clanners and maybe pairs of them in 2h0 all the time. Only time I see any kid who plays omni in 2h0 is when 20 of them zone in at once. How odd.
    Interesting. I was only Omni there today for an hour and a half. Killed two of you outnumbered 8 to 1. Granted, you clanners were getting fat and lazy in the sun and didn't seem to be able to recover from the shock of one omni actually having the nerve to walk up and nuke one of you dead (twice)...but figured if you wanted to trash talk, so can I.

Edit: Almost forgot: How odd.
    Second Edit: While Clan does generally have more people at 2ho...I wouldn't say its because they're chicken. For the most part, I've found Clan to be much more active in pvp...and a lot less spineless and apathetic then certain un-named Omni title huggers.
    Last edited by Zylina; Nov 16th, 2002 at 11:07:36.

mmm

Maybe its because each time someone is gettin alphaed hes zonin (including myself).
    Or maybe its because people wont fight away from a bunker/whompa.
    or even maybe its just because pvp is so boring atm id rather do missions
    Infamine 200 soljah

Can we stop making this a clan - omni own eachother thread? Enough of em out there.

I feel the less activity too; most of my guild are in NW beta, sometimes im alone or 2 or 3 my lvl are online. We were on of the biggest Camelot attendees but now we dont have those numbers anymore.

I even started to socialize with clanners now, not attacking them in 25% etc. newarrival, snardz, stromm, anik; at least I got something to talk then

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

In all seriousness, the reason behind the decline of PvP is simple.

The majority of people who wanted to PvP in AO chose to be professions that were at the "top of the heap" and generally out of balance with the others. As such, they played Traders, MAs, Soldiers and Enforcers at the beginning.

Soldiers got turned into running targets with the first round of damage changes in PvP.

MAs got turned into rooted targets with this last change.

Enforcers are perhaps the best balanced class around, but since they don't seem to have an overwhelming advantage against other classes, many of those players only seem to PvP when they've got people with them.

And, of course, no one wants to fight Traders since they're RIDICULOUSLY overpowered in PvP

So, now you have the 4 classes that historically made up the largest body of the PvP population and because they're either gimped, or overpowered, they don't PvP anymore. Hence, the death of PvP.

Funcom has to get a clue and BALANCE THE PROFESSIONS. ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS PROFESSION DESIGN DOES NOT WORK.

In all seriousness, the reason behind the decline of PvP is simple.

The majority of people who wanted to PvP in AO chose to be professions that were at the "top of the heap" and generally out of balance with the others. As such, they played Traders, MAs, Soldiers and Enforcers at the beginning.

Soldiers got turned into running targets with the first round of damage changes in PvP.

MAs got turned into rooted targets with this last change.

Enforcers are perhaps the best balanced class around, but since they don't seem to have an overwhelming advantage against other classes, many of those players only seem to PvP when they've got people with them.

And, of course, no one wants to fight Traders since they're RIDICULOUSLY overpowered in PvP

So, now you have the 4 classes that historically made up the largest body of the PvP population and because they're either gimped, or overpowered, they don't PvP anymore. Hence, the death of PvP.

Funcom has to get a clue and BALANCE THE PROFESSIONS. ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS PROFESSION DESIGN DOES NOT WORK.
    this is 100% pure truth, anyone who disagree's is a trader on an anti nerf campign or a lower lvl twink who can breach the barriers : P

I have been looking to pvp more and i have been having more fun because im strong enough to survice now.. but lately I will run into Docs or traders... and what is the point really? there isnt one :/

I saw sheffy and some others in ent arena and if it wasnt a doc then i would have stayed. fighting a dov is 100% totally pointless, its not fun its a waste of ammo.

fighting a trader is an excersise in frusteration, not only for me... but for anyclass ezcept per haps enforcer or super amzing NR NT.

thats part of it.. mostly tho it's that there isn't much reason to pvp anymore.. everyone knows the outcome before hand, really they do, theres no mystery. Sometimes its a toss up and thats fun but mostly you know your gonna win or you know your gonna lose.. mass pvp is too hard to organize lately.

tis a shame.
    Last edited by Nothinman; Nov 16th, 2002 at 21:07:19.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: PvP in the month of November

Originally posted by Sheffy
    I am totally beside myself how dead PvP has been these last couple weeks, and I expect it will stay this way until Notum Wars comes out.

Is the reason because so many people are Beta testing Notum Wars? I certainly hope so, because this lack of activity is making myself and many other guild members a little loopy.

Come on guys. 2ho is a ghost town and has been for a few weeks. Camelot is a joke, I haven't seen more than 3 or 4 Omni at once in any playfield recently. I've seen maybe a total of 10 Omni at the arenas in the last week or two. Get out here and play!

It sounds silly, but it's becoming almost tiresome sitting around with nobody to fight. A lot of my guildies are feeling the same way and its becoming a chore to find things to do to kill time. We're very PvP oriented and we're going to cry if this keeps up Log out of Beta and log into the live servers already. Lets go, you can do it </whine>

welcome to the bizzaro world of RK2

I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yes lately i've been disappointed with the decline of people and battles at 2ho, people tell me NW beta is the reason, i really hope so. i'd like to see more 2ho battles it seems that right when 14.6 went live NO one pvp'ed anymore. I like 2ho because it makes less of a difference what profession you are, even though a doc can CH he will be outdamaged if teamwork is a factor and people make him the target, same with fixer who evades alot gets mauled with specials (can grid out though if i dont have rapid palsy hehe), trader, etc...

I think another account to it is that the crit nerf was a HUGE change and people are testing stuff more at the arena to adapt and prepare.

Since 14.6 i only saw 1 omni at 2ho, some agent named milajojovich...i guess lack of people in 2ho gave me some motivation to level so i wouldnt think that i was missing out on a good fight somewhere.

Things are going to change in pvp a ton really soon with notrum wars coming out i think we should have a good oldstyle shootout/drainout
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Nothinman
    I saw sheffy and some others in ent arena and if it wasnt a doc then i would have stayed. fighting a dov is 100% totally pointless, its not fun its a waste of ammo.
    tis a shame.
    *nod* I saw you and was about to /prostrate a few times begging for a fight, but you're right, it wouldn't have been fun for you (or even me). Perhaps we can duel a bit after Notum Wars goes live. With the new Soldier anti-doc changes, it may change soldier/doc duels entirely.

It is a shame tho. Apparently I'm not the only one feeling this way too. But I'm crossing my fingers that PvP will pick up stronger than ever at the end of this month.

Originally posted by Letah
    Can we stop making this a clan - omni own eachother thread? Enough of em out there.
    O'douls Rule!!!!!!!!! =D

--billy madison reference (for the ill-informed)

Well in NWs i hope enf are da trader killers. Yes kill the 5000 traders that think they own. I bet enforcers end up being agent killers note that would suck bad

Originally posted by ----Tantrum----

O'douls Rule!!!!!!!!! =D

--billy madison reference (for the ill-informed)

"Well, if peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!"

that is 1 sweet movie tantrum
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Amen. I try to pvp but I'm finding it insane that most professions can alpha me with 4K dmg and my 2K-4K nuke still hits for 600.

The other ones can just take me out of the fight with one debuff.

And the only engy i see is that roastbeef guy, and he just ganks.

Hey sheffy

You and me can go at it again

I thought it was fun, (16 agent) dueling a 200 doc was nice running decrepetude, Wrack and ruin, and Sentinante nano gorger too

You have to admit, that brightened your day somewhat

Or like my selfbuffed duel with Pomy, lasted 59mins10secs after I won

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast