Thread: Is it me or do some people take MMOGs too seriously? Specifically PvP...

Question Is it me or do some people take MMOGs too seriously? Specifically PvP...

I really think some people take gaming too seriously. Especially those who pvp heavily. I was heavy into pvp myself back in UO, but except for a few occassions I didn't let things get to me. I did, however, notice that there are a lot who really freak out about little things. This seems especially true of those who really like to stroke their egos.

Ahh well, lighten up people! Understandable to get mad sometimes, but don't let it get to you.

This applies to both real life and gaming... just "chill".

Thank You!!!

Thank you Dr. Beer for that wonderful point. IT'S JUST A GAME FFS!!!! Lighten up shesh.
    Yagyu Keyboard

Shiftyr
    Keep your friends close...and your enemies rooted.

Yes, I have GA4. No, I do not use it.

kthxdie

Unfortunately you are right, there are many people who take this too seriously and sometimes forget that it's just a game. Usually I just ignore them or leave a nasty flame pass to the next thing.

What do you mean this is a game?!

1 point goes to Dr. Obvious.

You are winning.

mmog's are hobbies, I hear people arguing over their preference in cars, computers, wine, etc... all the time. Nature of the beast.

Some people take their cars too seriously.. ffs it is just a car..

<apply same logic to anything>

Some people take their work too seriously .. ffs it is just a job!

*shrug*

you take peoples interest in games too seriously .. ffs it is just other peoples opinions

*shrug*

hehe

I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

No need to be a smartass Novalia... there are really people out there that I don't think realize it is a game.

Maybe you felt the need to be a smartass because you saw some of yourself in the post? Hell maybe you are just like that naturally. Who knows? I don't really care. :P

hehe lighten up it was a joke for joke's sake.
    Its easy to make people that say "its just a game" mad...
    see?

Oh my god. Someone save me. Help me! Help me! I must be on drugs. I agree with Yazule. /me cries
    ~Chris

Yazule, I agree with your post.. somewhat. But for your car/work analogies, in comparison to playin AO.. this difference is huge.
    This is just a game, my car IS just a material possesion, but without my car, I can't drive to my JOB. I refuse to take the city limo. Very little will change in my life, should I (god forbid) have to go without AO.

But, in the spirit of this thread, too many people take a lot of things in this game too seriously. Not to brand all of you, but it's those people who have no bills, no rent, no wallet-draining girlfriends that take their character creation too far. This is as much as they have to worry about, and they put a lot of effort into it. I guess I'd be upset, but then again, it is just a damn game. Save your worries for something else.

Actually, car fanatics spend less time with their cars than ao addicts spend in AO... so...
    ~Chris

oh ok Novalia. I get used to getting flamed on these boards for the slightest thing. Sorry!

I agree Yazule... very few things in life are worth taking that seriously.

Originally posted by Megabio
    Oh my god. Someone save me. Help me! Help me! I must be on drugs. I agree with Yazule. /me cries
    ~Chris

roflol, do you actually disagree with what I say that often? Or dont you have your Q200 flameproof suit of doom yet and dont want to stand next to me hehehe.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

My Brother in Law.
    He is a Denver Broncos fan.
    He wears Broncos socks.. a Broncos jacket.. jersey.. hat..
    When we go to the sports bar to watch the games Sundays he brings Broncos stuffed animals and Broncos toys. If I don't go with him to watch the games when the Broncos score he calls me on the phone and screams... when the Broncos lose he is devastated... he is upset.. grumpy.. generally unhappy and someone you don't want to be around. I watch him argue with his best freind (49ers fan) every time.

Sports fanatics are worse than AO addicts.. they argue over who has the better stats.. who should be mvp.. who is the best pound for pound fighter.. there are radio people that get paid to argue about sports with their listeners.

Why all this? Because it is fun. We are a race of people that for thousands of years have thrived on conflict.. and disagreement.. and competition.

Arguing is natural.
    Enjoy that we can. =)

Arrow

AO ranks among the cheaper hobbies, both in money and time spent.

Guess some of you never meet people like the guy building a kit plane in his garage, etc.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

"/ignore brotherinlaw"... have you tried this?

lol no way man.. I need more whacky people in my life and this guy is hysterical. He is a normal guy except for the Bronco thing.

I wouldn't trade him in for anything =)

WTF MAN> why the hell did you "gank" me while I was fooling around in a 0 % zone? I mean like I am the "ganking" king here. You are not allowed to touch me because you didn't get my "ganking" permission.

Who died and made you a "ganking god?" Who told you to "gank" me? What's next? Will you be "ganking" my style too? You wanna be a cool "ganking" dude like me? You wanna be a sexy "ganky" player like myself?

I can't "ganking" believe that you "ganked" me dude. I hate this "ganking" world. I hate this "ganking" arena. All I want to do is have a "non-ganking" conversation with my "non-ganking" friend in this "ganking" arena. But nooooooo. You have to run in and "gank" my freaking "ganking" day. Why does everyone use "gank" in every damn "ganking" sentence? Is this a "ganking" trend here? Damn that "ganking" word is so damn "ganking" annoying.

Is that too ganking serious?
    Last edited by Billy Talent; Nov 15th, 2002 at 17:54:50.

Re: Is it me or do some people take MMOGs too seriously? Specifically PvP...

Originally posted by Dr. Beer
    I really think some people take gaming too seriously. Especially those who pvp heavily. I was heavy into pvp myself back in UO, but except for a few occassions I didn't let things get to me. I did, however, notice that there are a lot who really freak out about little things. This seems especially true of those who really like to stroke their egos.

Ahh well, lighten up people! Understandable to get mad sometimes, but don't let it get to you.

This applies to both real life and gaming... just "chill".
    i'm going to pk you in rl if you pk me!