Thread: The uber fast hitting mobs bug

The uber fast hitting mobs bug

It has been reported a while ago on the board, with human NPCs. I have experienced it a few times since, and again yesterday, with monsters this time.

Level 57 mission at clon****, filled with boulder blubbags and moniliths blubbags.

I was with a friend, and we started to do the mission. The monolith blubbags are light greens and the boulders are deep green for me, so no problem.... Until my teammate accidentally got aggroed by a monolith blubbag through a door while I was looting a chest. He's only level 46, so I went on to help him. I attacked it, but since I wasn't fully healed from the previous fight, we had to run away and zone. My friend got lost and then killed, and logged off.

I proceeded to complete the mission. I was killing every blubaggs easily, until I stumbled again on the particular blubbag that killed my friend. I go with full health, full nanos, and attack it.

It was hitting me so fast that I could barely take off one 10th of his lifebar before I had to chainheal and then start to run for the exit...

While I was hitting other blubbags about four times for each of their hits, this one was hitting me about two times for every time I hit.

I completed the mission, tried to attack this blubbag again, same thing.

I had the same problem with human NPCs, where I was getting aggroed, zoned out, and then when going back in the mission, they would hit me so fast that I would knock off less than a quarter of their life before needing to get the hell out, although on the first encounter I took out one half of their health before I had to zone...

I've experienced the same things with random mobs sometimes.

I fought a Hammer Broodling one time and the thing was smacking me seven times a second, like it was insane and on speed. I managed to kill it, but there was no way it should have been conning as green.

Oh yeah, I've got cute little screenshots of a monster hitting me twice in between my attacks - considering I was using fists and a sword, my attacks were 1.0 seconds apart, and he was hitting me twice in that 1.0 second period.

Lag catch up?

Nope, because he did it for the attack before too. And the attack before as well.

Normally, a mob swing animates twice, it means he's rolled for a hit once. I punch twice in a single attck cycle - and will only hit ONE of those punches. It's just the stupid way everything's animated.

He swings once. My damage sheild reflected ONCE. He hit TWICE. Then he does the second swing of that two-swing set for each hit a mob does - hits me again, TWICE, both spitting to my console at the same time. Two swings, four hits, one reflect damage, none of the animated swings miss EVER. Each time he swipes, I take two hits.

Considering that's 4x hit rate, that will kill you very very quickly. Happened to me very very often. I'd get completely and utterly owned by some weak mob because it was hitting me 20 times a second. Doesn't matter any more I guess though.

haha you think thats something i had a mob
    smoke me for dmg like 12 times for each hit and i was ma (suppose to be fastest hitter HA!) not even complaing about the joke of dmg i did to it

you were hit for 90 dmg by El33tm0b
    you hit El33tm0b for 1 dmg

damn man i died like no one knows
    since that day i gave up on missions and tank reds!!!
    damn uber greens!!!!

I suspect this bug has something to do with the mob aggroing the lower level teammate.

It must have been RED to the teammate, thus the relative difference in attack speed.

When the teammate died.. something must have screwed up and the attack speed got stuck at the fast end...

Now you speak about it... I think you may be right, Ashuras. I'll try to do some tests with my friend tonight...

some enemies such as scorpoids can double attack (i guess its multiple appendages). Basically they are dual weilding a very fast virtual weapon and as such getting 2 attacks

Whats worse is the cyborgs using martial arts and guns at the same time (isn't that considered a bug by funcom?)

Same problem

Hi!

I have had the exact same problem!! Yesterday i was out hunting some monsterparts and came across a giant slybane in Varmint Woods.....fine i thought, that i can kill. When i attacked it i got hit so fast and bad i had to retreat and rebuff! I was then thinking that giant was not one but TWO giants and i had not seen the other one since it was near a tree.

Finally i killed the bastard and was waiting for the other one to aggro on me. there was NONE left. wtf was that!? oh, well.......as usuall a new bug apears after another patch from FC!

//Drwizzz

Nope this is an old bug,not new,and it has nothing to do with being lower lvl or Ini.It just sucks and if you come across MObs like this just avoid them.