Thread: Hey!

Hey!

Hey! Are you people retarded ? This is why Funcom is so slow with the uptake regarding balancing classes and fixing the minor (and major) problems of the game! People decide your allegiance before you post to these boards!

It's because people like Axy, who come onto the game and tell us what the problems are (software) and then ignorant people like the rest of you, come on and tell Axy off because of the problems he is having!

What does this say to Funcom? "Oh hyuk hyuk, we got some loyal people out there that at least think that the game is stable. Hyuk Hyuk, so we don't really need to fix the problems!" Sorry to use the Car example but it is the only way it will prove my point. You buy a '94 Ford Taurus, which has the most horrible brakes, fuel injector, and an number of other things in the world. Many many people buy it because, well they want to have a Taurus.

And then people are complaining about the car's performance. But some of you! are complaining about the people who are complaining! What does that tell Ford? That their car is the best! It doesn't need fixing! People, if you really think that Axy's problems is a simple instance and an isolated incident then dont flame him! But if you think his problems are real, then don't flame him either! Your just making it worse for everyone else who are patiently waiting for the game to be fixed! Your making everything go alot slower!

But hey if you want a slow game, still filled with bugs, please keep on flaming and showing your support for a half baked game.

next patch?

And this has what to do with the next patch?

Yeah like... GOD FORBID they TEST their PRODUCT.

I don't know, if I was the big shot on a MMORPG, I think I'd be playing the game. A lot. I would take pride in knowing the product, and making it the best it could be. I'd listen to complaints, and make sure people understood just why things are the way they are.

Why? Because that's what makes customers happy. Happy customers make happy paychecks.

Here's an analogy: You buy a game. It's a piece of crap. You, being sensible never buy another product from that company again, regardess of what your peers think or say.

I hear ya screamin Mr. Bunny, but the fanboys / whiners will have their fun. Give FC some credit though. They aren't blind to these problems. My guess is, the suits have let go of 80% of the programmers....and what's left are Joe the desktop support guy (who loves the game but can't code) and Fred the excel spreadsheet macro programmer. Oh and cosmic is left. He got his .05 royalty check for last month and is back on the beat.

Hmmm

Well I think that if someone gets nothing but ranting, wailing and whining that after a while they might start tuning it out. Same with incessant flattery.

The goal to aim for is constructive criticism with occasional praise when something is well done.

By the way do you really expect to be taken seriously when you call yourself Mr. Bunny ?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Dudicas:
    Sorry this post was actually meant for another topic started by some guy named Axy. I hit post new when I should have hit post reply.

Ming:
    Haha. If they let go 80% of their programmers then this will go to hell sooner or later. As much as I like graphic designers and the customer support people (for other industries, not Funcom, that evil snake) I think if they made a mistake as letting fo 80% of their programmers then they are doomed to failure... but then again if they just axed 30 jobs, I am not sure if that is 80%. but then again I don't know what kinds of jobs the 30 were doing in the first place.. But yes I have to agree with you.

Laeni:
    "The goal to aim for is constructive criticism with occassional praise when something is well done."
    three things in regards to your post:
    1.) They already tried this. You might have remembered the 70's, with Dr. Spock's theories of child development. Now it is the 90's and we are in the early 00's. Most child psychologists today will all say that because of Dr. Spock's many experimental theories of child development, we have the world we have today (at least.. americans are concerned) High crime. Lots of dumb people. And lot's of bull crap about development of the children both psychologically and education wise. My point? Funcom doesn't require constructive critism! They should have in the first place had a better overall designer. Post after Post after Post on every board is about one facet that Funcom has failed to even acknowledge! What are they paying Cosmo for? If it is just to soothe player's feelings about the game he is doing a horrid job of it. If he is a coder, then I should hope is coding! (And if he is great!) No one responds to the myriad of posts that other people "constructively" bring up. I don't know if its because Funcom doesnt care or what. But that kind of ignoring of the players is just plain rude!

2.) People bring up constructive criticism left and right all the time but no one takes notice. These boards are just teeming with wonderful ideas I expect, the overall designers never dreamed of! But they don't say a word! Which makes you wonder the true intent of these boards.

3.) "Whats in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." --William Shakespeare
    Excuse me, but a name is just a name. If you take someone seriously or not so based on their name, then that says alot about perhaps your views of people in real life! do you also say that all asians are smart ? That all whites are trailor trash? that all blacks are athletic ? Hello! its not about names, its about the quality of the person! Just like it's not about the name I have registered, its about the quality of my thoughts! Besides, How do you expect to be taken seriously with a name like Laeni? that's hawaiian for one who yearns for a stuck pig roasting over a fire. Did you know that?

In case you were wondering..

My whole first post was really meant for this topic at:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=4576
    just so there is no confusion =\

Cosmik (if that is whom you were referring to) is in Customer Service.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Re: Hey!

Originally posted by MrBunny
    It's because people like Axy, who come onto the game and tell us what the problems are (software) and then ignorant people like the rest of you, come on and tell Axy off because of the problems he is having!
    I think that is where people got annoyed.... he didn't come on to tell us his problems... he got on to tell us he was quitting for the third time.... and to rant and whine about what a sorry game this is. He then started calling names and flaming people who responded to his post about quitting... He even told one person off who actually gave him good advice, but was a bit peived that he called us beta testers, who still play, losers.

I must've missed the part in the title to axy's post that said: "I need help with computer problems" or "I can't get AO to work" or "what am I doing wrong"

Also this post is essentially you coming on to tell the rest of us off.... That makes you, one of the people you are telling off :P

Re: Re: Hey!

Originally posted by eleetist

I think that is where people got annoyed.... he didn't come on to tell us his problems... he got on to tell us he was quitting for the third time.... and to rant and whine about what a sorry game this is. He then started calling names and flaming people who responded to his post about quitting... He even told one person off who actually gave him good advice, but was a bit peived that he called us beta testers, who still play, losers.

I must've missed the part in the title to axy's post that said: "I need help with computer problems" or "I can't get AO to work" or "what am I doing wrong"

Also this post is essentially you coming on to tell the rest of us off.... That makes you, one of the people you are telling off :P

Dude. You missed the whole point of his post and why he was flaming people. The sole point of his post is not about telling us he was leaving, it was about how the game has problems and the specific kinds of problems he had encountered. That was why he was leaving. Then a bunch of people one after another decided they would come flame him because he had problems. Apparently some people read his post and thought he was bashing AO without just cause. So they decide to go flame him instead without really understanding the whole point of his dislike.

"I must've missed the part in the title to axy's post that said: 'I need help with computer problems' or 'I can't get AO to work' that's because he didn't have any! if you read the thread you would have noticed he gave us the specs to his comp and he concluded the problem wasn't with the hardware component it was the software component. THE PROBLEM WAS that AO's coding was sloppy enough so that the game ate up his weapon in a bug that shouldn't have been there in the first place had AO taken whatever precautions. (better coding?)

Dude look at it this way. Lets say you have strep throat. And let's say that you are posting to a board and say "sorry guys I cant play cause I have strep throat." Then people flame you saying its all your fault you have strep throat! You'd feel kinda crappy huh.

"Also this post is essentially you coming on to tell the rest of us off.... That makes you, one of the people you are telling off :P "
    Dude, did you even read my posts? This post isnt for the whole world, its for the people who flamed Axy. Maybe you should go back to bed and get over your strep before you post here. It would help, I bet.

Damn Bunny is on a roll.

Yes, my pet peeve is people who flame others who have problems with the game.

It's like blaming the **** victim for the crime. Hah, I have an analogy, too.

My other pet peeve is people who scream, "wrong forum!". You find the same people all over the forums doing this to fullfill some strange perversion.

I want to specifically exempt Dudicas from this remark. He was not being annoying, he expressed honest confusion. And we see later that there is a fairly logical reason for this post being here, Bunny hit the wrong button. Been there done that, been flamed.

So, sorry Dudicas if you thought I was flaming you, this thread just brought up some old memories.