Thread: Again I ask you....

Again I ask you....

The main page story about the cyborgs attempt at turning the cannons.

Is this more "BULL****" People are coming up with?

Did this actually happen?

Was it like the....wait for it..

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/1184L

Notum launchers destroyed!

HOLD ON ONE ****ING MINUTE

Lets go back..

Cannons destroyed?

But....they where never ever gone...EVER....

Cyborg Ploy Foiled by Omni-Tek Employees
    The courage of several Omni-Tek employees were put to the test when cyborgs forged a plan to turn the notum cannons of Clon**** into weapons aimed at the cities of Rubi-Ka.

Huh?

I swear....

What happened too?
    Notum launchers destroyed!
    Or did Omni tek fix them...and it didnt get posted.

AO does not have an interactive storyline...
    Its all made of of false stories and made up believe events.

Some are real and yes "have" happened.

But some are told when they didnt actually happen.
    I have asked time and time again for this to be stopped.

Stop it now Or I will show you again next time it happens.

Notum launchers destroyed! + Independent clansmen admit to destroying Notum launchers near Clon**** = WTF?

Is it me or am I the "ONLY" one to notice this.

Cpt.fallout I know what your thinking, post your views, I wanna hear what You have to say becuase I know I will hear what I want.
    Last edited by Cloudeh_; Jan 11th, 2002 at 16:34:50.

Smokin da good stuff, hand one over mate
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Hey stop denying the truth when you see it peons!

A better question is why the hell they didn't talk about the big smoldering hole of an apartment in the smack dab front of Omni-1 ent.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

*BUMP*

There is not enough people seeing the light!

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    For those who haven't actually bothered to read the above mentioned news clipping...

It starts with the Headline

"Notum launchers destroyed!"

Then the Tag-Line...

"Independent clansmen admit to destroying Notum launchers near Clon****."

Then it actually proceeds into the article...

"...a handful of brave clan members gathered to eliminate Samson, the overseer of the notum rail launch facility and render the launchers inoperable."

and then...

"[M.O.T.H.E.R - an OT department] proved their true intentions, opening fire on neutral guards, as if this could make up for elimiting Samson and sabotaging the rail launchers."

Now, if you bother to read the entire article, you slowly start to realize that nowhere does it say the launchers were vaporized, blown to bits, or anything to the like. It just reads as some clanners killing the local guards, planting charges to *disable* the launchers temporarily (which IC, a small charge on the rail instead of a cargo container should do). Logically, you would make the leap that OT can and WOULD fix such things rather promptly, leading to the fact that the launchers are still there now and firing (afterall, it is the life-blood of why Omni-Tek is here on Rubi-Ka). The key point of the story was that they took out the guards...

So does this one article where the headline is obviously over-hyped and embellished ("destroyed" instead of "disabled") prove anything? Don't newspapers in the real world try to twist HEADLINES into something catchy? Haven't you ever read an article because you were enticed by the headline only to realize that it wasn't exactly as you had hoped by the headline? Does having a misleading headline that make what was described in the article false?

Why am I even writing this counter-rant? Well, I'm personally sick of seeing this same article headline pranced back and forth as proof of some evil plot of FC. I won't deny that FC has dropped the ball on numerous occasions, but seeing such a weak argument constantly being bumped rubs me the wrong way, especially when there are more important and applicable things to talk about.

I have nothing personal against Cloudeh (he's not the only one touting this), no affiliation with the mentioned clans/factions, nor do I actually really care all too much about the events that happened in the article. But like many RPers, including the official FC and the RNN sites, I've come to acknowledge that the article does not violate any consistency rules of roleplaying.

It takes nothing more than a little critical thinking to make that leap and realize the headline (on a news site) is just that... a headline.

Tappert Solminski
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Okie then...
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/1762L

A virus was spreading through the streets of Tir, with unknown effects and - worse - no antidote in sight. The Council, however, had tracked the origin of the virus to the newly discovered cyborg base in Perpetual Wastelands, and called upon the clans to investigate the site. Speaker Amarda urged all present to rally their brothers and collect as much intelligence as possible.

I want to know did people Actually...get affected?

And so on...is this..........another....one?

Did anyone actually suffer from this "Virus"
    Did you health bar go down, was there green ooozing smog?

I would like to know if what I am reading actually happened.
    Thats all...
    I know there been many false posts which have not happened.

Some explain things clearly like the Illegal Transport on OT news.
    But some are vague and distorting..

Tanks? You mean TANK Tanks?

And if I am talking bollox then why is it day by day I play with no story content or things to do?

Well, it did say 'unknown effects'

Did everyone go around typing /puke too many times ?

Arrow

cloudeh the virus story was PLAYER submitted, i think your taking it way out of context.

Then It didnt happen!
    AHA! Cought them red handed!

Im going to sumbit a story, here we go, *cough aheeeeem hem*

Today(whenever) at 15:00, 50,000 Red Dragons came into Omni ent and Flamed everyone to death. *Mwoohaahaha*

There we go.

/me Looks at his amazing english and grammer.
    "I feel so proud of my creation"

I want to know did people Actually...get affected?

And so on...is this..........another....one?

Did anyone actually suffer from this "Virus"
    Did you health bar go down, was there green ooozing smog?

I would like to know if what I am reading actually happened.
    Thats all...
    I know there been many false posts which have not happened.
    well a similar thing happened in Rome Blue some 1 1/2 month ago .. it might have been a player Event but it was realy well made though and yet no report on it .. so the fact that it happened is probably true, but to what extend is not certain .. dont expect a epidemic season