Thread: I wanted to play Neutral...BUT..

Unhappy I wanted to play Neutral...BUT..

What is really the good things about them? I was excited to try, willing to give them a chance. I got into the backyard, which was totally different from the others, and that was cool. Then I thought, how about trying some missions to get tokens and stuff!
    ....until I found out....there is no tokens. What is this? No Tokens?

Why shouldnt neutrals have tokens? Instead of a "sign of gratitude" from the leaders, it could have been "you learned something from all the missions and your ability has increased"?

I mean....they are neutral, but its not like they got so many good sides to enjoy..? I really wanted to play neut, to meet other people, see other places and stuff...but this kinda ruined it, so I switched to Omni.

Dont misunderstand me, the thing I wanted to ask, wouldnt it be a good idea to give neutrals more?
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

ICC tokens has been proposed before

ICC tokens has been proposed before, but nothing has been said in response...I think FC would like to give people a real reason to pick a side, and thus move players 1 step closer to pvp.

I mean, this game is about conflict and pvp. You can avoid pvp for only so long (some more than others).

Other things are maybe worst than no tokens for neutrals.
    If you left neutrals for Omni-Tek because of that, you're probably in better hands now, if you see what I mean.

All nanos above QL100 can't be found in shops. It's annoying, but we deal with that. It's not very logical, but maybe ok, afterall.

Prices are higher in our shops, I think, and we have less choice. It's what I've heard. I may be wrong. What is sure is that we have less shops, so more time to find some things (yalms of the right QL for example).

We can use only our save terms/shops. As neutrals, we should be able to use also sided terms/shops. Or at least save terms.

I believe there is less quests for us, but I may be wrong.

I also think there are less "über special equipment" for us than for clanners/omnis.

We can't initiate fight in pvp, only reply to an attack (autodefense). This makes us a privilegiate target in pvp especially with the tab key features.
    Well, good idea for a real full neutral, but not so good if you want to be a "between-two-sides" mercenary, for example.

We get aggroed by much more mobs (omni+clan+usual full aggro ones) and often finished by sided guards (ex.: in Bliss, very nice place to stay below level 60 when neutral).

But neutrals are really nice to play. We are less, special, and this little "community" is good for RP, and usually we are not power gamers (better suit for better gear of omni/clan).
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

I kinda liked the thought of playing Neutral..but I didnt know it was this bad? Shouldnt Neutrals be respected as their own side, who just wants to live their life and explore rubi-ka?

My Agent, Omni, has never PvP`ed. He is 167 now. You dont have to PvP in AO, so why is Neutral underrated...

Hell yeah, I`ll start a new Neutral just to be different and see how it is later on.

Remember this: Noone loves a neut. You'll be killed by sided NPCs and guards so many times you'll seriously start to wonder why the **** you chose to be neut.

Not having a tokenboard can sometimes be a blessing tho. You don't have to kill every single mob in a mission and you can choose to finish a mission at any time without feeling that you're not getting the full reward.

You'll probably find that alot of neutrals have a slightly different attitude when it comes to XPing than the average AO-player. Not a lot of powerlevelers pick neutral (why should they, there's no power in being a neutral).

Delete the side-forms the first thing you do and never take missions where the MO is a form (unless you're sure you want to pick a side).

Good Luck.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

hehe. But 700 more in Health and Nano, 210 in Comp Lit and Run speed....7% XP...

I mean....they really help.

A lotta Neuts use the Bow-tie as a second-rate token board.

Nice new neck slot item for Neutral Traders. Real nice.

The one thing that kills us is the assinine tab targetting in missions. Simple fix is to tab target everything not in your team. Done.

As a Neutral, I have to CTRL+TAB (yep, next 'friendly') to target the damn things that are running to kill me.

Says something about how monumental a programming task this must be to fix.

Shouldnt FC fix those problems? Just because they dont get involved in the conflict doesnt mean they should be ignored?

I think I want to play a neut, just to see how it is. After a year with Omni, it is really nice to experience the game from an other view.

If I manage the required 30 more levels to 200, it will be guaranteed 1000% more satisfying than dinging as one of the two catered-to sides.

Us Neutrals are a thorn in the side of what I consider to be small-thinking game designers. Our very existence at high levels has forced them to accomodate us in the Notum Wars development process. They seem to think that having two sides is best for the game. Perhaps they are right considering the storyline and all (I mean post-Shadowlands storyline. Not the quibbling children stuff we have now).

But, assuming the game lasts until Shadowlands release, I have to state unequivocably that if any 'side' were to appear Angelic in the Shadowlands, it would be the Neutrals who refused to engage in the petty, often vulgar, almost-never reasoned, squabbling that you see on the 'story' pages. Bunch of silly nonsense all that.

The Neutrals for the most part remain true to themselves and those they care about. They don't harbor hatred based on labels. They never prejudge you. 'Smelly Clanner'/'Omni Drone' just don't work for most of us. You are measured on your merits. Somewhere between the Devil and and a lunatic religious fanatic, you'll find harmony and enlightenment. It's sure to be found in the home of a Neutral if it's on Rubi'Ka.

Sure as heck ain't gonna be found at a guild meeting of some Omni or Clan guild. And if David Marlin comes down out of orbit and puts his strength behind the Clans as they currently act, I'll have lost all faith in the book Prophet without Honor. Just look at the Council of Ares if you want to see a group formed not out of enlightenment but of the more baser and darker elements of humanity. Surely not an example of all that is right with mankind. Omni-Tek is known to be influenced by Vanya and Roman Dragov and as such an extension of what caused the near extinction and subsequent enslavement of mankind. Yet, even within the ranks of Omni-Tek, I'm sure there exist good and honest people who would flee to the ranks of neutrality if they ever found out the truth behind their company's power and future plans. But, not to the Clans. Equal evil and ambition over there.

Who was it that kissed Jesus on the cheek? Judas, right? For 13 silver coins or so. Well, that's what selling your soul to either of the two feuding sides for a token board seems like to any Neutral. Either you have no morals, misguided morals, or simply look at this as a game that you need to 'win'. Kinda like those who side-hop to wear different side-specific items.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Nov 12th, 2002 at 21:03:48.