Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Video is Perfect

Smile My thoughts ...

Really cute video. I enjoyed watching it, and the music wan't bad. It was completely unrealistic in terms how have combat really happens. It was much too orderly with the Omnis lining up to be killed like that. But all and all .. good video .. I hope it generates interest in the game. I'm hoping for more players in AO after release.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

That video just rocks. The whole establishing sequence is superb.

After staring at it 30 times, the only thing I see that I'd do differently is to position the characters so they're partially behind towers. Make them look like they're taking cover.

And it's promotional, guys. Probably meant for consumption at trade shows and by potential customers on the web. It's not a freaking documentary. Poetic license- you know.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Opinions on the video...

First off, it's a scum-sucking bit of rigged clan propaganda. This should be borne in mind from the outset. 6 on 5 and none of the clanners die?

Ahem. I digress.....observations are indexed by time in the movie.

0:12. Just WHAT is that bow wielding miscreant wearing on her head? Can't recall seeing that design before - can anyone identify it?

0:20: And the Omni "leader" is out of uniform (only wearing low-tech armour as well?). Ye gods, what's this corporation coming to?

0:28: Background shows a walled city, my guess is Tir.

0:29: Background ships seem to be dynamic - the one directly behind the towers is moving right to left - though slowly.

0:58 AE nuke (to judge by sound effects) centered on the tower, apparently cast by same.

Conclusions:

Nothing we didn't really know before. Dynamic scenery, such as the traansport ships will add to immersion, provided it doesn't cripple us with lag.

Video images are ingame footage, but some things have been altered and touched up. Makes it hard to tell what details are ingame and what are edits.

Only 5v6? I'm sure you've got footage of bigger fights....be interesting to see how it panned out.

Fight didn't really show any of the tactical depth that AO PvP can have. None of the Omnis used their mirror shields, for example.

Overall? Good, but not I don't think we were the target audience for this one. This looks more like something intended for the non-AO players of this world.

(PS: For a good example of a trailer, the old System Shock 2 trailer is hard to beat.). Not sure if it can be gotten any more though...

Originally posted by Avarael

Only 5v6? I'm sure you've got footage of bigger fights....be interesting to see how it panned out.
    What you see is the new Crowd Limiting System at work, there used to be lots more people there but they were "removed" from the fight...
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Sweet vid no matter how you slice it.

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Again... doesnt seem like that kind of scenario is gonna happend in game... I doubt alot of people will stand around waiting for others to attack.. and again, I doubt others will attack if they see guards standing around...
    Send me a tell and we'll have it arranged. My guild vs your guild?

sure, thats an possibility I guess, but if an team wants to go out there and just burn the towers down they'd probably be able to do massive damage before an force got there in time to defend them... but hey, it hasnt been released yet... so we never know
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Dominata

What you see is the new Crowd Limiting System at work, there used to be lots more people there but they were "removed" from the fight...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Say it isn't this extreme! Please!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12