Thread: Polymorphed Lunatic

Polymorphed Lunatic

We killed it, to bad it did only drop crap :/

http://mcm.whyza.net/gallery/albums/NS-SS/scrn0155.png

thnx to all guilds that was there and helped :-)

This is abit scary, ppl have killed a few of theese new "named" mobs and they all follow they same pattern:

A) Hard to kill B) Drops crap

Ah, fond memories of EQ. . .

Dev: "They'll never kill this soon, no need to work on the drop tables yet. . ."

Players: *squishchopnukestabmangle* "Hey, this thing is dropping crap!"

Dev: "Oh ****!"
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

killing him spawns 'ljotur the lunatic'
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

And Ljotur drops several nifty items...

Mind explaining how it works with a little more detail Wal ?

Like location where the mobs are and how the triggering work ?
    Marodeur
    Vampire of the Shadow Ops
    Rimor

yes... plz do wal
    ?

i had a lotta fun helping out... i dont think i did much in the damage deptment, but the song of the Medusa i brought along put everyone in the right mindset to get the job done... some of you Clanners sure know how to party... Grats to everyone involved... oh and how'd the killing of the Lamb go? i had to log shortly after getting there...
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

My guild killed Polymorphed Lunatic 6 times in a row without any sight of Ljotur
    He spawns pretty quick and is at different levels when he spawns. The lowest he spawned was lvl215 and the highest 240ish. Dropped nothing but q200+ armor pieces...
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

well, like pest and the one, i guess every time you kill the placeholder (polymorphed) it has a certain chance to spawn the actual mob (ljotur), it spawned for us after the first time, so i dont know how bad it is, heh, inless something was changed, i haven't heard of him ever being killed, but like the other new mobs, when he's attacked, he spawns some 'raging leets' which are quite mean :P

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/unf/Ljotur.JPG

polymorphed is in the same spot, he will aggro you, and warp you (or did), Ljotur is omni aligned, and won't aggro omni, inless you get aggro from 1 of the kittens in the background, then he seems to get upset
    Last edited by Wal; Nov 12th, 2002 at 19:18:20.
    // legion

Wal may I use the picture on my website ? Naturally with your name under
    Marodeur
    Vampire of the Shadow Ops
    Rimor

hmm, when we (my guild) killed "Polymorphed Lunatic" it didn't drop only crap, but also a nice disc - not saying what, hehe... My guild managed it with 7 ppl or so...

yep, go for it, coupel others like it in there, if theyre any use to you
    // legion

hmm, when we (my guild) killed "Polymorphed Lunatic" it didn't drop only crap, but also a nice disc - not saying what, hehe... My guild managed it with 7 ppl or so...
    That reminds me - he dropped Team Beacon Warp nano crystal once too (nope not the id, but the nano crystal) when we were there killing him
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Originally posted by Wal
    [..] when he's attacked, he spawns some 'raging leets' which are quite mean :P

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/unf/Ljotur.JPG
    Leets should always be considered dangerous.

Originally posted by Halestorm
    This is abit scary, ppl have killed a few of theese new "named" mobs and they all follow they same pattern:

A) Hard to kill B) Drops crap
    This might be known by now, but that's because they are placeholder mobs, not bosses, and not intended to drop anything good.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

I attempted to solo a raging leet just prior to 14.7.1 patching..

When i got real low on health i tried to swim away. and he actually swam after me.. when I go tback to shore I turned into parrot.. and flew over him then back to shore at high enough altitude to where he was like stuck about 30 yards out in the water, then tagged him from shore with massive atacks!

w00t !!!

Unfortunately his health regen is so damn high he got back health as soon as it ticked off his bar.