Thread: 6 Mission slots

6 Mission slots

Why are there (still?) 6 slots in the mission menu? "Still" is refering to old player made missions, as these might have been inteded for the 3 never used slots.

Well here is an idea, make all quests, Ash, Proffesion Quest, Dodga etc, take the 3 lower slots, so that we can still have 3 normal missions. Quests taking up normal mission slots can be very annoying in teammissions. IE the Dog Tag quests kinda requires you to have the quest WHILE doing missions, etc.. I know you can work around this by just deleting the quest and get it again later, but thats kinda a stupid workaround, dont fit in a RPing way....
    Eldridge 'Hratgard' Craddock Gear
    Nano Technician - 220/20, and will remain 20 for ever, or till Funcome makes it worthwhile AXPing.
    Former President of Storm.

You don't need to have the dogtag quest running while you do it.
    Simply collect your ten tags then go and collect the mission & bag, fill it up, it will be gone from your mission list in minutes.

Same with Dodga, the only time you actually have the mission active in your mission list is when you are actually running something.
    IE. Tagging the bots, once that part is out of the way you get the key to part 3 of the mission and you don't use that until you've got all of the components.

There are so very few missions (personally cannot think of any) where you might have a mission icon for a very long time while you do certain parts of a quest.

Re: 6 Mission slots

Errr.. RedSonja did ya read what I wrote?

. I know you can work around this by just deleting the quest and get it again later, but thats kinda a stupid workaround, dont fit in a RPing way.... [/B]
    <- is exactly what you were saying....
    Nano Technician - 220/20, and will remain 20 for ever, or till Funcome makes it worthwhile AXPing.

No she is saying that you dont even need to take the quest if you aleady know what to do. It works well on the Alvin/Dodga quest to do that. I am not 180+ so I have not done the tags quest.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Yup, that was the point I was trying to make.
    Take the Ring of Tir quest.
    Currently I have the 2nd best ring from that quest.
    I know that the only way I can get the next ring is by collecting 10 tags from Ace OT Mobs.
    As I'm only Level 145 this may take a while.

There is no point having this mission running, I know what to do and I know it is going to take a long time to do.
    Once I've collected 10 Ace tags I'll simply go and collect the mission, fill up the bag, return it and collect my ring - total time of that mission being "listed" about three minutes.

The same goes for Dodga, this is no point collecting the mission until you've collected first all the components.
    The second part of the mission is tag the robots and you do need the mission running for this, but you will be actively doing the mission.
    Part three involves me killing TK.
    I have everything I need for the 3rd pads with the exception of a kill and successful loot of TK.
    Once again there is no point me having this mission running while I wait to get my chance to kill him.
    So the final key to the final part of the quest is still in my bank.
    Once I've looted TK I'll go see Dodga again and get the final mission, complete it and collect my pads - the mission will be "listed" for all of about three minutes again.

Originally posted by Oldskule / Ternak
    No she is saying that you dont even need to take the quest if you aleady know what to do. It works well on the Alvin/Dodga quest to do that. I am not 180+ so I have not done the tags quest.
    Bleh I know that too.... and thats just about what I said

BUT the rings are now lvl req 130 not 180.... so instead of coming with useless suggestions that I already said/know, get your facts straight and comment on my suggestion and not workarounds!