Thread: just need some more opinions on something..

just need some more opinions on something..

A group of people get a mission in BS (whoda thought? ;p), during the clearing of the first room (alpha loot is on), soldier_01 loots grid armor 4 from a corpse. everyone is all shocked it dropped of course. fixer_01 says in chat "hey i'll take that plz".
    soldier_01 didn't see that in chat or something.

so fixer_01 gives a tell to soldier_01 asking if he could have the ga4 that just dropped, and what he was gunna do with it. soldier_01 isn't responding still, even though hes obviously at the keyboard.

fixer_01 gives another tell to soldier_01 asking if he was just gunna give the ga4 to fixer_02 in the group (who already has ga2 btw).

fixer_01 sends another tell asking what the soldier is gunna do with the ga4.

fixer_01 finally gets a tell back from the soldier saying that he could easily get 600 dollars on ebay for the ga4. fixer_01 is pissed at this point, obviously.
    a few other group members are asking if they were gunna roll on the ga4, but all the soldier is talking about is "how lucky" he is.

a week later fixer_01 finally learns that soldier_01 gave the ga4 to fixer_02 who was soldier_01's rl friend.

..now, my question is, should the group have rolled on the ga4?
    should just the two fixers have rolled on the ga4?
    or was the soldier free to do whatever he wanted with the ga4 just because he looted it?

my opinion Alpha Loot is Alpha Loot... meaning that if it is your turn to loot you get loot, and get lucky or unlucky...(unless agreeed upon earlier)... Boss loot is different story however...I dont think loot messages should come up on the "alpha loot" that you get...

edit---Myself I would split proceeds with team and be upset if people did not do the same but really it is the persons loot so they can do with what they like...Things like this bring out the character of the person I guess....
    Last edited by Crazy; Nov 12th, 2002 at 05:47:11.

Greed wins. If I were that fixer I'd yell at the soldier until he gave me the GA. If I were the soldier I'd either sell it, or preserve my reputation by sellling then splitting the procedes. 900m splits pretty well 6 ways.
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

I agree that if it was Alpha loot, he's free to do with it what he wants. The nice thing to do would be to roll for it, but not everybody is nice. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to make it clear at the start of the mission what the policy will be on special loot.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Alpha loot so he shouldn't be "forced" to give it to anyone, but I think when you find prof specific nanos/items it should be raffled for those in team that can use it.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Kinda simple ...if Alpha

If the team chooses alpha they choose the possibility that a specific person gets some uber item. Too bad!

If its free loot and its a very valuable item, I have two solutions to it, and you would have to agree beforehand.

1. Prof. specific items go to the prof who is present (otherwise raffled). Or if two of same prof. are present they should raffle.

2. All valuable items are raffled regardless of profs present.

All you have to do after agreeing is stick to the agreement.... =P
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Alpha loot on, go it off a corpse... so that means it belongs to the soldier and he can do whatever he wants with it.
    Of course he could be nice and give it to the fixer, but technically it's his

I'd think that even with alpha loot off, and the team never discussed looting rules, whatever you loot is yours to keep.

My opinion after years of EQ Need Before Greed arguments is that those arguments stink. Greed stinks. Not having a clear set of rules that everyone agrees to before you get going stinks.

I agree with the others that Alpha is Alpha. There are an infinite number of arguments on any side of this issue, what's good, what's bad, what's right, what's wrong. The things people are willing to do to each other over a piece of virtual stuff (never mind e-bay, a whole other topic) is astonishing.

Originally posted by Vydas
    The things people are willing to do to each other over a piece of virtual stuff (never mind e-bay, a whole other topic) is astonishing.
    Nah, not really.

I go with the need before greed thing. I don't praticapate in raffles unless the class is not present. If in the case of 2 people who need the item I tend to had the item over to one and let them deside who gets it. As far as the ebay thing I think its wrong and should not be done. I think its also against the agreement that most of us just agree to with out reading. Situations like this I just try and avoide. I play the game for fun and if I need something and someone ignores me I ask a few times and then just leave it at that. If they say no then their is not much to be done about it so I just move on. Its a hard call in items worth so much but some times the best is to just forget you ever saw it and go on playing.

Alpha loot is alpha loot, but if the soldier was somewhat decent, he'd let the fixers roll for it... I would have anyway. but cant force him
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"