Thread: Selling SKL points so you can redistribute !

Lightbulb Selling SKL points so you can redistribute !

Any idea's on that ?

I mean i have distributed XP points and i often find myself thinking "Damn i should have given those points to something else !!"

Or if you start out like i did with my adventurer i tought i would only be using weapons (guns) afterwards i changed my mind because guns do so little damage.
    I wanted to use swords so i have to get my 1h edge up but i need alot of SKL points for a good Sword.
    That means Leveling alot to the point that you can buff up to the right lvl.

Well everybody i know who plays the game has had this problem one time or another.

I dont think it would be wise that everybody can just lower their SKL for free and redistribute them.

But i do think it would be ideal to Buy points out.
    You pay for getting points back so you can distribute !!

I think it's an awsome idea.
    What are funcom's toughts about that ?!?!?

Greets Teddy !!
    Last edited by Teddy XL; Jan 11th, 2002 at 12:16:06.

No!!. If Funcom is going to give us one and only one chance to redistribute our ip's ,it should be free. Here's why. My soldier started out wielding a pair FA's which were the best thing in the game for a soldier. At his level 30 or so they nerfed FA's to hell so I had to switch to NovaFlows. Had FA's were not nerfed I would not have went with Nova Flows. Funcom made so many changes nerfing some things that were uber at some point of time and that caused waste of ip's for some people. Since at least for me these misrolls were not part of poor planing on my part, I don't feel I should be paying for the redistribution of ip's. Also if this ONE TIME redistribution occurs it will benefit everyone. Because people will fix their missrolled chars which will give me and everyone else stronger teammates to hunt with and more challenging opponents in PVP.

I think that maybe matros was hinting to the fact to allow you to redistribute your ip's anytime if you are willing to pay the price to do so. I agree that if it is to be a one time change then it should be free.

I think there that funcom should consider insituting an ip reversal sceme that was available at anyime to the player based on some type of penalty. Cash would be a good one as long as it was a high cost and variable depending on the char current level. There could be other penalties as well.

There is an inherant problem in this type of game and that is balence. Funcom is fooling themselves if they think that they are close or are starting to reach the end of the balence issues. So I ask you, what has brought on the request and thought of the current IP reset? Changes that funcom made to the game in the name of balence. So what we get an IP wipe, then all the suddon something else is discovered (and there will be other things) and bam same argument all over again.

Lets keep in mind that this is a game and it is suppose to be fun. Having to reroll a char because the direction you took is no longer valid or warrented is not what I consider a good time. It takes a long time to level a char to a decent point.

I would like to hear what others have to say about this idea. In my opinion it would bring a much needed uplift to the game as a hole. It would also encourage exploration and weapon divirsity. Would you be more apt to try and discover different things if you knew that, at a cost, it was possible to reverse your direction and try something else?? I know I would.

No doubt that funcom will not like this idea much but it is our game. And if a majority of the player base wants it then they will have no choice but to make it happen.

Oh ya, and wouldn't it make the proposed overequip nerf a little bit easier to swallow? Well maybe not much but I little anyway.

Just my 2 cents, but I would like to hear yours!

Trigger actually this issue was discussed in one of the articles posted by funcom. They were talking about possible one time reroll for everybody which will include all but map navigation skills.

I agree with you though I don't think they should be offering it any time soon.