Thread: Map. Navigation being a skill that you can reset maybe?

Map. Navigation being a skill that you can reset maybe?

Ok so first I'd like to say that I understand why FC made this skill a non resetable skill. It's obivious that one could get all the maps in the game, reset his Map. nav. skill and voila you get your maps and a hell lot of Ip (Depending on the profession). Now I've increased my Map Nav. skill because I'am still kinda a newb -_-'. Point being I would have liked to reset it. So why does'nt funcom just put a sort of punishment? Like lets say when you want to reset your map nav. skill you lose your maps... I think that would be a good idea

I agree but I don't think Funcom will let us do that.

My guess is that they cant remove maps once uploaded.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

When IPR was introduced, they explained that they can't remove maps once uploaded. That's why.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I can guarantee that everyone will sooner or later want AT LEAST 130 map navi.

...to uplaod certain map upgrades, which allows you to spot mobs/NPCs, players and such on the minimap. Huntiong/missioning becomes so much easier with the upgrades. I don't understand how anyone can live without them

I have every map and upgrade,(map-nave is green for adv) if your gonna battle at tara, or possibley fight for your towers in the forth-comming add-on, side is a valuable upgrade,(you can increase map nav with imps btw)

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Question

(When IPR was introduced, they explained that they can't remove maps once uploaded. That's why.)

So ok they said it's not possiable. But why? I mean ther're the creators of the game... I see no reason why they would'nt let us reset Map Nav. Anyone here care to explain the detailed and complexe reason?

Unhappy

And yes it's true you can increase Map Nav with your Implants ( by 227 points with ql 220 implants). Add that to your total when your at lvl 200 ( I'am not there so I'll make a rought total say 173) and you have 400 max that's good enough for all your upgrades at least. But again this is a question about when your just begining and you put IP into map nav It's very frustrating when you realize you can't reset it...